Scored - 1973 Honda XL250 with 186 original miles

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Made room in my Garage beside my FZ6 for this. Found it advertised locally by the original owner who is 71 years old, I was first to call and went right away to see it, I could not believe what I saw. He had purchased it new in 1973 and put 186 miles on it then parked it same year. He stored it indoors under a cover.

Carb cleaned and new battery and it runs like new. Has original everything right down to tires and spark plug. Has original owners manual still in plastic and toolkit.

I am in the process of detailing it but not much to to, it was a little dusty and dirty when I got it but after just washing for soap and water - wow!

I am not sure if I should hand it on the wall or ride it :)

My first bike was a new 1975 xl100 purchased from the same guy this bike was purchased new so it brings back some memories for me.

First Picture is how it looked when I picked it up, the rest are after a good wash.
xl1.JPG

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

xl4.jpg

xl5.jpg

xl6.jpg

xl7.jpg

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
really stunning. rare to find such gems in this condition nowadays. most; if not all, would have been restored. Nice find

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Man that's nice!. Normally I'm a ride it if you own it but this one is just so fine it's a tough call.
It would look good in the living room!

tamucc2004

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing find! And tough call on riding or not.

Also just curious did the original owner say why he put it up so soon and never rode it?

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
This should earn you an honorary degree in archeology! You're gonna change all the fluids, right? And replace the tires if you're gonna ride it.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A good friend of mine bought one of those brand new back in the 70's. Borrowed it a few times when my 350 SL was having issues and it's a GREAT bike! Congratulations on your find.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
That's amazing. Have to know... how much did you pay?

If you're not going to ride it, I'd consider calling a couple bike museums... perhaps Honda themselves may be interested.