Show me your chicken strips

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not that it's any indication of my street skills :spank: but here's my BT023 rear with 6100 miles.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, those are the Q3s I told you about. They're good for at least one more track day, so they're staying on. Notice that the center is basically brand new. The sides all the way at the edges.. hopefully you'll never be riding on those on the street.
Yeah, here's my tires now...I mean naturally I'd wanna push better tires more but I'd probably not change my riding too much.

Here's my tires now:
FrontCS_zpsc2d8ce9c.jpg~original

BackCS_zps62edc93b.jpg~original

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Erci, putting a knee down on the street is kinda stupid.

My 1/2 stips get me through the mountains just quick enough :p

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site

On my track day I meet an old friend. Later that evening he was bragging about his knee puck being ground up from dragging his knee. I saw some pics from of him... his head was on the wrong side of the bike but ya... his knee was way down there. LOL

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good bad or otherwise - I've worn the sides off the last two front tires leaving some tread in the middle! :spank: Perhaps because the roads here follow rivers and were made by animals. Blah

From another thread... - don't expect to get too many miles from B-Stone S20's. They just don't cut it!
The final resting place of the S20 f @4600 miles
54372d1406212745-bridgestone-bt023-rear-s20-front-img_20140723_191832_312-jpg

Bassieh

Dark Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
So here are mine. Rear tire was new 2000km ago. Didn't really went for touring on curvy roads yet it have one planned towards the Belgium Ardennes.

Front:
ty8avu5e.jpg

Rear:
a3u9edaz.jpg

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site

When i mentioned "moving the lower body", which was the post Erci commented on, i didn't mean putting a knee down on the street, i just meant moving your arse a little bit towards the inside of the turn.

It is something i enjoy doing in the twisties, but i don't put my knee down.

Combined with a good head position it can really diminish your lean angle without the need to drag a knee.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When i mentioned "moving the lower body", which was the post Erci commented on, i didn't mean putting a knee down on the street, i just meant moving your arse a little bit towards the inside of the turn.

It is something i enjoy doing in the twisties, but i don't put my knee down.

Combined with a good head position it can really diminish your lean angle without the need to drag a knee.

Nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you're also leaning upper body at least as much as lower or more than lower into the turn. Otherwise you're crossing up.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you're also leaning upper body at least as much as lower or more than lower into the turn. Otherwise you're crossing up.

I know, head over the wrist...

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock fz6 suspension is too soft unless your a tiny Asian. I now take off the side stand before any track day since it always scrapes. You can hang off like crazy and it'll help but eventually it'll scrape.

I'm limited on the left side as the kick stand hits pavement (and actually has a flat spot from dragging);

Left side tire:

Side stand flat spot worn down from pavement;

And NO, I didn't take a grinder to it...

Hmm.. any chance the suspension is too soft for you? Did you slide fork legs up?

I barely had anything left on either side on FZ6 and never ever scraped. :don'tknow:

^^ likely a combination I'd guess.. .. ..

The only time I've drug bits is in a banked corner going in REAL HOT! It just pancakes the suspension. Thankfully not enough to bounce off the road, but coupled w/lean angle was enough.

Setup is everything... PS - running stock spring on the rear and 0.83kg/mm (R6 fixed rate springs/forks) up front with the tubes up 10mm. Point: I don't drag parts and run fairly aggressively at times.

Look into setup (Sag is starting point) and rider style....

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site

And we don't ever wanta do that!

Oh wait; never mind. :rof:

curvare-doohan.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And we don't ever wanta do that!

Oh wait; never mind. :rof:

curvare-doohan.jpg

Yeah, times change. Doohan would clearly kick my ass so bad on the track, I'd probably quit! :rof:

I'm slow, but my pictures look better :rof:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock fz6 suspension is too soft unless your a tiny Asian. I now take off the side stand before any track day since it always scrapes. You can hang off like crazy and it'll help but eventually it'll scrape.

As posted its the stock suspension.

I don't go to the track, none any near by short of Daytona, 6 hours away.

I'm happy with the suspension as it sits, suits me fine, but tks.;)

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
As posted it the stock suspension.

I don't go to the track, none any near by short of Daytona, 6 hours away.

I'm happy with the suspension as it sits, suits me fine, but tks.;)
I'm stock aswell and find it fine. But I'm on terrible Yorkshire roads, so a little softer is probably necessary. And I'm no lightweight at fifteen and a half stone.

On the topic of stripes. Mine have come back since I learnt how to ride my "nemesis" corner properly. It's a double apex left hander (the tighter side for us). I shift my weight for the first apex with the bike upright, then bring it down for the second, before hammering on the power to stand it up again.

Now it's my favorite corner!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm limited on the left side as the kick stand hits pavement (and actually has a flat spot from dragging);

Left side tire:

Side stand flat spot worn down from pavement;

And NO, I didn't take a grinder to it...

Since you have brought up the subject of the sidestand, after 98,000 miles, here's a picture of mine. Compared to yours, I'm missing a lot of meat, and mine has become more of a knife.

20140727_171909_zpsvmyukf4i.jpg

20140727_171826_zpsacax4zws.jpg

My peg feelers has either grinded or broken off. They are missing, I still have the original pegs. The rubber is wearing down to the aluminum.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Since you have brought up the subject of the sidestand, after 98,000 miles, here's a picture of mine. Compared to yours, I'm missing a lot of meat, and mine has become more of a knife.

20140727_171909_zpsvmyukf4i.jpg

20140727_171826_zpsacax4zws.jpg

My peg feelers has either grinded or broken off. They are missing, I still have the original pegs. The rubber is wearing down to the aluminum.

Yep, your side stand is sharper and rounder actually. I do still have the peg feelers thou...

Now, you gotta give me another 70,000 miles to catch up.. :)

The miles are low, about 18,000, as I had three bikes at one time and they all shared the mileage..

From the 05 KLR the FZ6 replaced;

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I still have the original pegs. The rubber is wearing down to the aluminum.

I replaced the worn down rubber inserts on my FZ1 with the ones from FZ6 (FZ6 ones are better). They're only ~$9 per side. Part # 3YX-27413-00-00