SoCal ride April 17

Wish I could make it, but have plans to ride ACH on saturday.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy this wonderful weather before the heat gets turned on!

Maybe we can plan something man, im thinking about ACH tomorrow too..

I usually ride this around noon or after..warmer better i think..

Last edited:
I would love to meet with you guys for this ride but I just cant see myself getting there at 8 30. This would mean waking up reaaally early.. Meeting spot is 1.5 hours away! Have fun dudes!

Maybe we can plan something man, im thinking about ACH tomorrow too..

Might not be a good idea tomorrow. Small group, one's new to the canyons borrowing my FZ :eek: and the other is someone I've never ridden with... so I'm trying to keep it simple. If you head up there tomorrow and see some dude on a green zx6rr waving, it's me :thumbup:

Let's post up a thread for an ACH ride in a week or three and see who else wants to join.

/threadjack :D

If you drag the little guy on google maps youll see why this is tricky..road is really messed up and as soon as you take the turn the sun is in your eye :BLAA:

I've been through that section a lot of times and as long as your not on a race pace(which you shouldn't be on public roads) its not a big deal. Just like any road you need to ride it at or below your skill level and not try for any heroics.:D
Where are you located?? I would like to do ACH any time, let me know the next ride in that area:thumbup: You do know that it is closed at Vincent Gap from the Wrightwood side and probably just past where old Hwy 39 came in from the La Canada-Flintridge side. Just a heads up. You can ride Angeles Forest Hwy from the Palmdale side and take Little Tahunga Rd over to ACH and then up to Newcombs, makes for a good ride.:thumbup:

Jerry

Might not be a good idea tomorrow. Small group, one's new to the canyons borrowing my FZ :eek: and the other is someone I've never ridden with... so I'm trying to keep it simple. If you head up there tomorrow and see some dude on a green zx6rr waving, it's me :thumbup:

Let's post up a thread for an ACH ride in a week or three and see who else wants to join.

/threadjack :D

No problem. Check this out if you havent already. I posted a rideable route last week with road conditions. IMO ACH, in its current status, is not a very friendly route. I would advise your friend who is new to the canyons to take it reaaally easy. (Especially riding your baby :eek:)

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...e-clarify-post-about-achs-current-status.html

Is this the route of the ride? (posted by Brian on page 1)

ride.png

No Palomar? No Montezuma? And it looks like we get off the 74 just before it gets interesting :)

I know I am a bit late asking questions... but just wondering why all the good spots are left out :BLAA:

We did Montezuma and Palomar on the last ride so this one is a little different, if ya want we can ride through Sage and then up 74, its no big deal. I just like stopping at Lake Hemet for a cup of coffee and the ride through the valley is just a very scenic ride. Up to the group, nothing is etched in stone:D

Jerry

I've been through that section a lot of times and as long as your not on a race pace(which you shouldn't be on public roads) its not a big deal. Just like any road you need to ride it at or below your skill level and not try for any heroics.:D
Where are you located?? I would like to do ACH any time, let me know the next ride in that area:thumbup: You do know that it is closed at Vincent Gap from the Wrightwood side and probably just past where old Hwy 39 came in from the La Canada-Flintridge side. Just a heads up. You can ride Angeles Forest Hwy from the Palmdale side and take Little Tahunga Rd over to ACH and then up to Newcombs, makes for a good ride.:thumbup:

Jerry

I live in South Pasadena. Are you close to that? I will PM you next time Im going up there. :thumbup: possibly tomorrow if I manage to go to bed at a reasonable time tonight..:D

sorry for the threadjack dudes :D

We did Montezuma and Palomar on the last ride so this one is a little different, if ya want we can ride through Sage and then up 74, its no big deal. I just like stopping at Lake Hemet for a cup of coffee and the ride through the valley is just a very scenic ride. Up to the group, nothing is etched in stone:D

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I understand :) I have to admit that if I am going to ride 1.5 hour down to Temecula, it kinda saddens me not to do Palomar and Montezuma at least once... I like scenic roads, but prefer twisties :D
I'll shut up though... I am way too late to this thread to complain about anything... I promise I`ll just follow! :D

Last edited:
I'm in .
1. BryanDH '08 "Cobalt" Blue FZ6
2. Jblk9695 '09 Dark Blue FZ6
3. T1J2F3 '06 Blue FZ6
4. WestGoingZax '09 Black FZ6
5. Wavex (David) Buell
6. Nimzotech '07 Blue FZ6

Alright who's meeting me up in Corona and at what time :confused:
P.S. I'm riding out of Diamond Bar (about 20 miles East of Pasadena) anybody riding out from my direction - if so we can meet earlier than Corona.

Last edited:
Alright who's meeting me up in Corona and at what time :confused:
P.S. I'm riding out of Diamond Bar (about 20 miles East of Pasadena) anybody riding out from my direction - if so we can meet earlier than Corona.

As far as meeting in Corona... how about McDonalds off of the 15 Fwy and Magnolia, the first exit south of the 91 Fwy. If we leave McDonalds by 7:45 we should have plenty of time to get to the start on time. Below is a link to the map.

McDonalds

Last edited:
Ok I'll be at McDonalds before 7:45
This the one right?
1215 Magnolia Ave, Corona, CA 92879

Last edited:
Awesome ride! It was great to see you all again and to meet t1j2f3 & Jerry... thanks Jerry for leading!!! Great pace :)

Logged around 400 miles of fun today :BLAA::rockon::cheer:

Gotta do that again soon!

edit:

1. BryanDH
2. Wavex

Check-in

1. BryanDH
2. Nimzotech

Great ride you guys haul @ss :BLAA:
I'll post pics shortly.

Hope you all made it home safe and sound.
I had a great time riding with everyone and looking forward to the next ride:thumbup:
Here's the group at Lake Hemet--
P1020756.jpg

Lunch at Idyllwild--
P1020757.jpg

Weather was just right, traffic was light and the roads were great, couldn't do to much better than that:thumbup::D

Jerry

BTW, that last run coming down on 74 was pure joy... that road is sick!!! I may have pushed a bit too much, but damn I couldn't resist!!! awesome :)

Back