SoCal ride April 17

Hey Cliff:

How are the road conditions in general in that area? Pretty dirty?

Roads were pretty good for the most part and the sandy areas are pretty pronounced so You see them quickly.
Get ready for a long day! :rockon:

Is the Saturday ride confirmed? What is the official start time and location? I am planning on attending, but have never done a big group ride before. I guess I'll meet everyone on Saturday.

Is the Saturday ride confirmed? What is the official start time and location?

Yes, we are confirmed for Saturday at 8:30am! We are meeting at the Mobile gas station just east of the 15 freeway on Temecula Parkway (Rt 79). It's at Bedford Ct.

For those of you in San Diego, I am going to meet at the Starbucks in Mira Mesa (the south one next to ColdStone) to leave by 7:30am for the ride up. It's an early start, but it'll be a great day of riding!

Looking forward to meeting you t1j2f3! :thumbup:

Hey Cliff:

How are the road conditions in general in that area? Pretty dirty?

Hahaha:rof::rof: Just saw "My headlight is yellow" That's how I always know its you! Hahaha! That crazy yellow headlamp! :rockon:

Also: Any one who wants to, can meet up with Westgoingzax (Alex) and I at the Starbucks by the Home Depot/ Cold Stone Ice cream near the 15 Frwy at 7:30 AM. There is a Shell gas station across Mira Mesa Blvd.
Try to be fueled and ready to visor down @ 7:30.

The most important thing is protective gear!
Also any one who wants can get on Channel 5 group 21 (We can Change Channel/Group) So we have some type of communications on the GMRS service. Even if you only have a walkie talkie on GMRS to keep onboard with you in case of emergency. I know these units can get pricey but I've had my unit more than pay for itself a couple of times. One of riders group members (I rode with this weekend) has a radar unit and gave a shout this weekend so even the group riders that didn't have communications wondered what was up when some of us slowed down.

This will be fun! :rockon:

Hahaha:rof::rof: Just saw "My headlight is yellow" That's how I always know its you! Hahaha! That crazy yellow headlamp! :rockon:

Ha! Yes, the yellow headlight. I've gotten many comments about how it makes me quite visible. Makes cagers do a double take before pulling out. I've had a few people ask where to get a bulb like it. Nokya Hyper Yellow... FleaBay.

Also: Any one who wants to, can meet up with Westgoingzax (Alex) and I at the Starbucks by the Home Depot/ Cold Stone Ice cream near the 15 Frwy at 7:30 AM. There is a Shell gas station across Mira Mesa Blvd.
Try to be fueled and ready to visor down @ 7:30.

I have two buddies who *might* joining in (still waiting on confirmations)...Barrett on a 07 Interceptor and Jay on a R6. Both are experienced riders who are itching to ride more. They wanted to know when all of us go out again because I told them how much fun we have.

The most important thing is protective gear!
Also any one who wants can get on Channel 5 group 21 (We can Change Channel/Group) So we have some type of communications on the GMRS service. Even if you only have a walkie talkie on GMRS to keep onboard with you in case of emergency. I know these units can get pricey but I've had my unit more than pay for itself a couple of times. One of riders group members (I rode with this weekend) has a radar unit and gave a shout this weekend so even the group riders that didn't have communications wondered what was up when some of us slowed down.

Is there a walkie-talkie I can pick up on the cheap before Sat that will work? Maybe these?

MIDLAND LXT112VP 22-Channel 16-Mile 2-Way GMRS Radio

I would like to sweep for this ride as well, if that's OK with everyone! :BLAA:

This will be fun! :rockon:

Yes indeedy! :D

Last edited:
Wavex and RSW81:

Where are you guys meeting up? I'm in diamond bar - would not meeting you somewhere on the way... Let me know. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Probably a good idea if we have a couple of people carry WT's in case of an emergency and the group is spread out. If you don't mind bringing 'em!

Not a problem I'll bring them all set up and ready to talk...

Last edited:
Back