SoCal Riders Unit!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My twin has a 2006 Faster Blue FZ6 that I'm sure he wouldn't mind me borrowing. Although, then he'd probably want to join in. So perhaps it would be better to borrow from someone with two bikes or rent for the day.
Make sure you let us know so we can put it together! Is this your first winter there?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure you let us know so we can put it together! Is this your first winter there?

Sure is Cliff. I just ordered myself a Joe Rocket Survivor One Piece Textile suit for the cold days with moderate rain. Once they start putting sand in the road for the winters, the bike will get a wash, Stabile, and stored for the winter. Got myself a Battery Tender Jr., front/rear stands, cover, etc to keep the beast looking beautiful.:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure is Cliff. I just ordered myself a Joe Rocket Survivor One Piece Textile suit for the cold days with moderate rain. Once they start putting sand in the road for the winters, the bike will get a wash, Stabile, and stored for the winter. Got myself a Battery Tender Jr., front/rear stands, cover, etc to keep the beast looking beautiful.:rockon:

Good deal Rob. The (salt and sand) play havoc so get that crap off your bike if you get it on it and you'll probably not want to ride in that stuff anyway cuz if they're salting it's cuz there's ice. Wash off salt with cold water to reduce it's effects. Fall is a cool time to ride with good gear so have fun. I grew up back in that area of the country and can tell you it's an experience during the winter. All parts of this great country have different culture and great experiences so enjoy it all!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Wash off salt with cold water to reduce it's effects.

Interesting that cold water would be better than warm water since generally solubility increases with temperature of solution, making it more likely the salt would dissolve into the wash if warmer.

Either way, a clean bike is a happy bike, and a happy bike makes for a happy Rob.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting that cold water would be better than warm water since generally solubility increases with temperature of solution, making it more likely the salt would dissolve into the wash if warmer.

Either way, a clean bike is a happy bike, and a happy bike makes for a happy Rob.

Yes you are correct about the solubility but other property as in electrolysis speeds the process with the warm water and I've heard the suggested water temp for wash off the salt is cold to slow the electrolysis process causing rust etc.
In addition you want to get the particulate off the bike before it become soluble with the water. Blast it off with cold water. See this is what I mean about winter there. It's different! Hahaha!
Edit: You just got caught in bad weather, there was salt down, you just rolled in and now you're going to play in cold water!!!! Hahaha!

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to buy this shot... :thumbup: The guy takes great photos.

bh-pally.jpg

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
wow these are awesome pics! Cliff, you'll have to stop and meet the guy one day to let us know if he's as cool as Clemson :)

I wonder how he gets that great lighting effect... HDR or something?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another great photo Cliff, and wow, what a nice looking SV! :thumbup:

Thank You! The SV is a lot of fun! I really like the motor and it does everything I need it to. Lot's of torque right out of the gate and a very nimble, light bike. It's lighter than the FZ-6!

wow these are awesome pics! Cliff, you'll have to stop and meet the guy one day to let us know if he's as cool as Clemson :)

I wonder how he gets that great lighting effect... HDR or something?

I was thinking it was the morning light. Rick was telling me how shooting changes with the light on the mountain. You're probably right on the HDR. I've never gotten into photography on the technical side but I really like this guys photos.

As far as being as cool as Clemson......Rick is just a great person in every respect. He is courageous, kind, gracious, and has a big heart.
I have corresponded with the (intheturn) photographer once but haven't gotten a chance to stop and talk yet.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics guys. I always love reading your ride reports for South Cal. :thumbup:

Wish we had photographers like that in Perth for when we ride.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Karen!

We have a great family of riders here and the group of friends is constantly growing.
On the photography. I think it's largely due to the fact that we have these type of roads, weather and lots of riders, making it profitable to be there with some pretty pricey gear. I'm sure there must be some spot in Oz where that's happening! Oi! Oi! Oi!

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
We were almost the first ones up Palomar yesterday... very little motorcycle traffic up there compared to usual... are ppl winterizing their bikes in Socal???? :spank:

some more Clemson shots Photo Event

View attachment 31632

View attachment 31633

View attachment 31634

View attachment 31635

View attachment 31636

View attachment 31637

View attachment 31638

David you got a pretty good angle going on here..that knee is almost there too dude..awesome pictures..

I need to really get back in shape and start riding again guys I remember that everytime I see you guyss pictures. I havent done much riding this year except commuting everyday in traffic.. Which makes me dislike riding more and more actually. Im thinking about starting over with some track days and getting my head in the game. We'll see..

stay safe guys