SoCal Veterans Day Ride Nov 11?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
We (er, or Hoon Gods) should think about pulling off a historic bucket ride sometime summer, 2014, no?. In the meantime, may the Hoon Gods be with you for the upcoming Veterans Day Ride.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I was thinking you and Verharen could meet at the Chevron on Main St. in Ramona and take 67 to the meet up at Greenfield Rd.
I'm just as happy to meet at the Shell though. With Cali rider coming it might be easier because the Shell is right off the 15 on Mira Mesa Blvd.

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

Sounds like a good idea to me, what say Verharen?
Same time OK?

Jerry

kenken2812

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm relatively new here but I've met up with Motogiro a couple times for some electrical work. I'm active duty and I have some friends at my squadron with bikes too that may be interested as well! Not sure how all the meet ups will work, but if I could get a relative time, and location that'd be a great help! Thanks and hope to see ya on Monday. My name is Kenny btw, PM me for contact info if you'd like

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm jealous! 26 degrees here this morning! Bleah!!

Have a great time you all!! :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm relatively new here but I've met up with Motogiro a couple times for some electrical work. I'm active duty and I have some friends at my squadron with bikes too that may be interested as well! Not sure how all the meet ups will work, but if I could get a relative time, and location that'd be a great help! Thanks and hope to see ya on Monday. My name is Kenny btw, PM me for contact info if you'd like

Ken,
Your team can meet us at the Shell Station on Mira Mesa Blvd. right off the 15 freeway. Shoot for 9 am because I'd like to have a 30 minute window for rides that are coming long distance.

Linky: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Shell&hl=en&cid=989775569659330371&gl=US&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, the southern route will be fun since we didn't finish last time! I'm unfamiliar with it so I will ask someone else to take the lead (Cliff or Goop perhaps?).

As for meet up times, both Mira Mesa Shell station and Greenfield are 40 min from Ramona. I would be just as happy going to Mira Mesa so that we can all start together and at the same time. 9am sounds good to me!

It looks like we may have a big group. My friend Steve just told me he wants to join us, and it will be fun to find out how many kenken2812 might add. As it is Veterans Day, all military are welcome!!! This is not a race-route, nor a twisty-trek, it will be a nice and easy ride-at-your-own-pace kinda ride.

Please make sure that you carry emergency contact information in a pocket (not just your phone, especially if it is locked).

SoCal Hoons :thumbup:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Point of Order: We Hoons like to travel in full gear. We will be on remote winding roads with unexpected adventures around every corner! I'm going with the classic look of black leather with silver reflective accents. Probably.

There will be one rider willing to act as nurse, and it's not me. Do you really want Motogiro…(fill in the blank yourself). :roy:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Point of Order: We Hoons like to travel in full gear. We will be on remote winding roads with unexpected adventures around every corner! I'm going with the classic look of black leather with silver reflective accents. Probably.

There will be one rider willing to act as nurse, and it's not me. Do you really want Motogiro…to give you mouth to mouth. :roy:

Fixed it for ya:D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I'll try for 9 at the Mira Mesa Shell, give a little leeway as I'm old and slow and might get lost:spank::D

Jerry

:rof::rof::rof:

You all have a great ride and be safe. My sincere thanks to all our current as well as former defenders of the freedoms we enjoy. :thumbup:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm ready to ride. Bring on Monday!

I'm happy to lead or change off lead with others...I don't want to get too crazy...well, maybe in a few spots. ;)

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There will be one rider willing to act as nurse, and it's not me. Do you really want Motogiro…(fill in the blank yourself).

Blanks filled:

• Perform mouth-to-mouth
  • Reset a dislocated shoulder
  • Apply a tourniquet
  • Perform a tonsillectomy
  • Administer a prostate exam

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd take number two or three but that's about it with Cliff..:eek: :D

I'm going through my first aid kit and I have an allen wrench, pliers and a flashlight, As Jen points out we like to have all the gear possible because even if you wear denim on local rides, we'll be out in the sticks, in out of the way locations where help is farther away. If you can, armor up!

Now let's ride!!! :rockon:

kenken2812

Reaction score
Visit site
If it's alright with y'all, we could meet up with you guys as you're getting onto the 94 from the 15. It's just that we live in Coronado, so it wouldn't make much sense for us to drive up to Mira Mesa, then come right back down again.. Let me know!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's alright with y'all, we could meet up with you guys as you're getting onto the 94 from the 15. It's just that we live in Coronado, so it wouldn't make much sense for us to drive up to Mira Mesa, then come right back down again.. Let me know!

Check out the starting point on this link. It's the Greenfield Dr. Mobile station just off the 8 freeway. We'll meet your squad there! :rockon:

Route: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...a6df8e60924&msa=0&iwloc=0004e53639a922c535e79

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't wait to meet you guys! So I think that since we'll have 2 meet up points I'll go ahead to Greenfield too. I'll be there 9:45-10am unless Cliff says otherwise. Jerry - if you're coming the back way, we can meet at 9 in Ramona.