Something Wicked This Way Comes

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's here! Wow! looks great, fired right up and has this cool clattery, angry sound to it. Made my heart jump! The best part is I didn't have to pay for shipping. I was expecting to write a check for $600 and when I offered, driver said it was paid for! WOW! This has been great buying experiance. I've never bought a vehicle via the internet and this was smooth as silk, and everyone I worked with was first rate and very professional. :cheer:

But before I go riding I need to wash the FZ as I have a buyer coming in two hours to buy it.

So my plan worked perfectly. Once the check clears from the FZ buyer I'll be able to pay all but $2,000 of my Buell loan. It would have been less but I decided to purchase the five year extended warrenty as mechanically this bike is beyond my mechanical skills.

Oh two very cool features, a built in lap timer, and a high beam flash button for passing!

WOOO!!!! HOOO!!!!

View attachment 12897

View attachment 12898

View attachment 12899

View attachment 12900

View attachment 12901

View attachment 12902

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's here! Wow! looks great, fired right up and has this cool clattery, angry sound to it. Made my heart jump! The best part is I didn't have to pay for shipping. I was expecting to write a check for $600 and when I offered, driver said it was paid for! WOW! This has been great buying experiance. I've never bought a vehicle via the internet and this was smooth as silk, and everyone I worked with was first rate and very professional. :cheer:

But before I go riding I need to wash the FZ as I have a buyer coming in two hours to buy it.

So my plan worked perfectly. Once the check clears from the FZ buyer I'll be able to pay all but $2,000 of my Buell loan. It would have been less but I decided to purchase the five year extended warrenty as mechanically this bike is beyond my mechanical skills.

Oh two very cool features, a built in lap timer, and a high beam flash button for passing!

WOOO!!!! HOOO!!!!

View attachment 12897

View attachment 12898

View attachment 12899

View attachment 12900

View attachment 12901

View attachment 12902
Nice one Pete,

Do you get to keep the transport packaging? That front wheel chock would come in handy for trailering the bike.

Nelly

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
oh how cute, it looks just like a sport bike but only it's a buell...

:)

just kidding with you, I rode one of the smaller buells (lightning i think 500cc?)

and I loved the way it handled. I didn't get to spend to much time on it but the fz seems like a much better bike in comparison.

One thing that I like about the buell is it seemd to fit my body a lot better then the fz.

when you get a little time in the saddle please post up what you think and the differences you notice, I woud love to hear what you find.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Intitial impressions, just got back from quick 25 mile loop of city streets, twisties and freeway cruising.

Quality - Excellent. Fit and finish is first rate. High quality fittings, and not Buell producted items; brake housing, cables, saddles, etc. On par with Japanese bikes.

Engine - Amazing sounds and noises. Evil, wicked clatter, Duc and Aprilia like. Torque out the butt!!! Just twist and go! It wants to keep going faster and faster.

Handleing - Rock solid, no flex at all anywhere in the chassis. Feels planted and on rails. Not flickable but transitions easily from corner to corner.

Suspension - Stiff, but not hard. Is firm but compliant over the bumps. I haven't checked the settings yet but the spring range is from 170 to about 240. I weigh 195 with gear. So I'm on the lighter side of things. The good thing is the owners manual give specific settings on where to begin.

Ergonomics - Very comfortable, seriously. The clips on are not far away like a Duc, the foot pegs are back and up but give good leg room. The fairing is wide and high so it provides excellent wind protection. The pods protect the legs well too.

Brakes- No serious braking until the pads seat in, however the front brake is excellent. Great feedback, feel and power. Rear brake is numb, feels asleep. I need to adjust it for my foot placement. Don't use them too often.

Vibrations/Buzz - You feel the bike but it is a low frequency vibration, and this is only when you are on the gas. Not high pitched like the FZ at all.

Heat - Non-issue. Same engine temps as the FZ. 165 at cruise on the freeway at 75. At a traffic light 183. The FZ would have been the same today. We'll see about August however!

Throttle - Response is lightening quick, BAM! and it goes. There is a low speed, neutral throttle surge. It will surge on and then surge off. Very, very subtle.

Saddle - Very Corbin like, flat and firm. After 45 minutes riding I didn't notice it at all.

Overall I am very impressed. I will admit I felt this maybe a bit of a crap shoot given what the magazine have said. But I am very impressed. Now I do need to fully break her in, and ride her hard but this is an excellent start.

If I had to compare the FZ and the 11 in one word it would be solid. The Buell has no flex and is rock solid.

Now if I can only figure out if this thing has a gas gauge!!!! :confused:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How could you do that?

Park them next to each other I mean, it is like showing your new girlfriend to your x-wife. :D

Take it easy. :thumbup:

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Vibrations/Buzz - You feel the bike but it is a low frequency vibration, and this is only when you are on the gas.

It sounds like an Yamaha R1 but with buzz.

party0011.gif

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
That bike looks sweeeeet!

Question: Do those mirrors pivot where the mirror connects to the stem? Would they mount to the FZ. If so, that might be the answer I have been looking for to get front blinkers in the mirrors. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
An inspired choice..a truly beautifull looking bike :thumbup:

one thing tho..it maybe just the pic you took but it looks like the exhaust is pointng directly at the rear disk brake...is this the case???

once again ..simply stunning ;)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That bike looks sweeeeet!

Question: Do those mirrors pivot where the mirror connects to the stem? Would they mount to the FZ. If so, that might be the answer I have been looking for to get front blinkers in the mirrors. Just a thought.

Thanks!

The whole mirror stalk pivots at the fairing and the mirror itself moves within the mirror shell. Very good visability.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
An inspired choice..a truly beautifull looking bike :thumbup:

one thing tho..it maybe just the pic you took but it looks like the exhaust is pointng directly at the rear disk brake...is this the case???

once again ..simply stunning ;)

Thanks very much.

Yes the exhaust out let points towards the rear disc. It's not as close at it looks. The muffler is, well, ugly.