Something Wicked This Way Comes

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the 1125CR as my background on my computer at work for a few months now. Looks like I'm gonna have to check around and see if any of the local dealers here this spring sometime will let me take one out for a test ride. I'm pretty good at bullshooting people when I need to, in case you have to be a "serious" buyer to test one out. I bet it would be great. But, it might be a bad thing, I might like it too much...(I can already hear my girlfriend getting pissed...)

Any idea of the type of mileage you're seeing? (I know you haven't been riding, lets say, "conservatively" LOL!, but still would be interesting to know)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the 1125CR as my background on my computer at work for a few months now. Looks like I'm gonna have to check around and see if any of the local dealers here this spring sometime will let me take one out for a test ride. I'm pretty good at bullshooting people when I need to, in case you have to be a "serious" buyer to test one out. I bet it would be great. But, it might be a bad thing, I might like it too much...(I can already hear my girlfriend getting pissed...)

Any idea of the type of mileage you're seeing? (I know you haven't been riding, lets say, "conservatively" LOL!, but still would be interesting to know)

Buell is great about test rides, GO DO IT! Most shops have dedicated test ride bikes. Not sure about the CR, but if you took an 11 out its pretty much the same thing; only difference is a fairing and taller gearing with the 11.

I was getting 34 to 39 mpg on the "Instant" reading. The average was 32, but I've never reset my computer.

I was more interested in heat at this point in time, which is a total non-issue so far. Even during our long runs of 90 mph the heat was about 166 to 168.

Keep in mind that the throttle bodies are 61 mm so they will gobble gas if need be.

Once she's broken in I'm looking forward to getting her tuned. When my FZ was tuned they said they can really improve the mileage of the big V-Twins, like from 28 to 34 or 36 with the 1098S'.

Tomorrow is my learn the computer day. :thumbup:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I just need the weather to warm up here. We had a couple of days close to and in the low 60's, but the forecast looks as if were going to have highs in the middle 30's for at least the next ten days. It's probably going to be a month before the temps are steady in the mid 40's and above every day...

It will go by FAST though

I'm interested in seeing what you end up getting out of this bike, as far as learning how to understand the computer, etc. When I was younger (HAHA I'm 20 right now), I had more time to tinker with all of my toys. Seems like women and school have gotten in the way of that. Hmmmmmm, maybe some life "mods" are in order this spring! LOL

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, totally different. His motor is based on an air cooled Sportster (much, much better however), my motor is made by Rotax and is sorta like an Aprilia RGV1000, sort of. The frame looks the same but is different, swingarm is different. His swing arm stores the oil for the dry sump motor. I think the front brakes are the same. His wheelbase is about 2.5 inches shorter. So similar, to a point. Oh, mine will go about 165 mph, his, 120. ;)

hey it goes to 140... and I even got up to 145 with the wind on my back one time :Flip: :D

nice ride! I am glad to hear the heat is a non-issue! let us know how it is on the track :rockon: