Strange head light problems

Norway

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

On a longer ride the other day, my head lights stopped working.

Here is whats going on:
-There is no reactions from the lights on high/low beam using the switch.

-But when i press the high beam "flashing" button, one of the high beams turn on! (as long as i press it in.)

-Both front parking lights work. And all of the other lights on the bike is fine.

-All of the fuses seems to be intact, including the 20 amps headlight fuse.

Does anyone know where i should start?

Last edited:

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Might be worth having a look at the relay in the rear pod, check if there's power to it and it's doing it's job. The flash facility could easily be wired sepseparately.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Note the engine must be started for the headlamp relay to be active so you must start the engine to do any tests on the headlamp voltages. Once the engine has been started you can us the red kill switch to stop the motor and the headlamp circuit will stay active for testing as long as the ignition switch remains in the on position. Don't forget to turn the key to off after you're done testing. :)
On the fairing version:
The FZ6 has a dual filament lamp on one side and a single filament lamp on the other. When on low beam only, only one lamp is lit. This is the low beam. This is how the FZ6 is made from the factory. The low beam lamp is a single filament(H7) lamp. Look at the plug that has the black with green tracer wire. This is the lamp that is possibly bad. Test the wire for +12 vdc and if there is voltage replace the single filament lamp. The other lamp is the hi beam and if it lights, obviously it's good. :)

There could be a rare chance the wire that feeds the low beam has lost continuity. Let us know what you find.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Last edited: