Stupid bike shop! Grrrrrrr!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok,
I think i have calmed down enough to write this!

Today i went to the bike shop to and picked up my new 520 conversion kit for my 06...Vortex front 520/14t, Renthal rear 520/47t, EK Quadra X ring 520 chain...all this to replace my very sadly buggered 530 chain, and 530 sprockets, before i head off on my 2500km round trip to PI for the WSBK this Friday!

Ok, Gary, one of my riding buddie's, and me, met at Leo's, another riding buddy's house to fit new 520 stuff....

Ok, all is going well, we get the totally trashed chain off, get the front & rear sprockets off, plus the rear wheel, chain guard, rear brakes, etc, and proceed to take the Renthal rear sprocket out of it's packaging, and place it on the rear wheel.....shock & horror...i does not fit...mounting bolt positions do not match up at all!

I have been given the wrong rear sprocket! Now i am 3 days away from going to PI, and i have no bike...it took 3 months to get this lot, am wondering how they are going to find the right part in 2 days!

Cant use my existing 530 sprockets, as they are screwed, and i need a new chain regardless, that is just tragic!...not even sure that 530 stuff is available readily for my bike in Adelaide.

Am really pi$$ed, cause this is not the first time this has happened recently...happened, when i got 1 pazzo for an FZ6, and one for a GSXR600!, Happened when i ordered a replacement crank case cover....wrong colour!

Now, i am on a mission re time, it's getting scary...have forked out big bucks for my WSBK holiday, and have left nothing to chance, new leathers for the lady, new boots for her too, new rear tyre, new sprockets, bled my brakes, bought great VIP tickets, booked quality accomodation...blah blah blah...

Have already contacted one of the boys from the shop out of hours via mobile, re my situation, and have told him that they better fix it, or my patience will wear out completely, and i might just go freakin nuts at the shop!!!

Oh one last thing, just to add insult to injury.... the Vista-Cruise throttle lock they sold me today, does'nt fit either!!!

Anyway, i just wanted to vent my frustration!!!!!

:rtfm::disapprove::shakehead::banghead::rant:

Bloody hell mate , cutting real fine for time now mate :(...Does that shop get anything right ??? Isnt it the same place that stuffed Daves sliders ??? Yamaha must have some OEM chains and sprockets in Adelaide somewhere surely.....That would get you going again at least......And if all else fails cant you take the Ducati........Or ask Matt real nice for a lend of the TRX :D

Bloody hell mate , cutting real fine for time now mate :(...Does that shop get anything right ??? Isnt it the same place that stuffed Daves sliders ??? Yamaha must have some OEM chains and sprockets in Adelaide somewhere surely.....That would get you going again at least......And if all else fails cant you take the Ducati........Or ask Matt real nice for a lend of the TRX :D

yes it is the same shop that stuffed Dave's sliders! The Ducati aint anywhere near ready for a trip like that...anyway i would need a chiropractor waiting for me at the end of the first day! And i aint riding someone else's bike....I WANT to ride my FZ!!!! I Havent spent a lot more than i paid for it on it, to NOT ride it to PI!

Grrrrrrrrrrr! :Flip:

they should take the 530 stuff off of a new bike and let you use it as a loaner until the PROPER stuff you ordered comes in.... that's only fair for the number of times they've screwed up... right?

Get real friendly with a duck, mate. That's so messed up:(.

I wish I had some bits and pieces lying about I could chuck your way. How about Yamaha head office for Aust. Is there any way of getting in touch with them?

If the supplier sends the wrong stuff, it could be 'cause they've ordered the wrong stuff or the supplier stuffed up. But they should check they've got the right gear before they call you to let you know it's in. Otherwise you pick it up, go home and disassemble your bike before you find out.:spank::spank::spank:

Got my fingers crossed for you mate. I'm thinking they should be able to find something if they actively look as opposed to ordering. Air freight at the expense of whoever stuffed up seems fair.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

yeah, i'd have them overnighted and bill the shop.. if all else fails and the trip does become a wash, bill the shop anyway.. haha

Demand that they overnight the parts you need, no matter what the cost! They owe you that much after f*cking it up for you. Good luck! I hope it works out for you:)

Ahhh man, things just ain't working right lately. That sucks.

Was just thinking, any chance your new friends at Yamaha Racing Team could have anything you can use??

Hope you get it sorted... like, real fast.

Good luck mate.

:)

Ok, after scaring the living daylights out of a few people this morning a genuine GYTR 520/17T rear sprocket is on it's way via air freight from Sydney.....why could'nt of this happened before...DONT KNOW....but they have had them in stock for a while according to YRT!

Bike shop is all messed up, they just have not done their homework properly in my book....theyt have supposedly scoured the earth for such a sprocket, but only come up with what i need, in their own backyard, after i put serious pressure on their butts!

Apparently the sprocket will be here tomorrow, and apparently, it has the right stud pattern.

Am still very grumpy, regardless of supposed resolution to the problem...wont be happy till the freakin thing is on my bike, and i am riding it!

The excuse i was given last night, re all my problems, was that because i am the "only one" (I DOUBT IT HIGHLY), that is doing "Sick stuff" (Their words, not mine) to an FZ6, that is why i have problems....cause "it throws people"...does not wash with me.....Grrrrrr!

what ducati u have?

A vey Beautiful, silver blue 1982 500 Pantah, with 680 big bore kit, "Factory" Gianelli, black chrome pipe (very rare), Undercut Race Gearing, Honda ignition, plus about a millionh other small mods, like stainless bolts, powdercoated frame, etc, etc.

Beautiful handling bike from another time...sounds so beautiful too...just a back breaker to ride for anything more than 150km's!

:thumbup:

Customer service isn't rocket science. If they make a mistake then they should own up and correct it. Mistakes happen, it is how you put it right that counts. Blaming the customer is em not very good to say the least.

Customer service isn't rocket science. If they make a mistake then they should own up and correct it. Mistakes happen, it is how you put it right that counts. Blaming the customer is em not very good to say the least.

Dont worry my response to them telling me it was my fault cause i was modding an fz6 was...i dont care, the parts are out there to order...so if i want them, it's your job to get them, if you say that you can...

I have spent thousands of dollars with the bike shop in question....so at the risk of sounding like a complete tool...i desereve much better service than this!

i should not have to carry on like an angry person, to get them to straighten up, and get things right, at the second, third, or in at least a couple of cases, the fourth time...

:(

Looks like it being sorted now Jamie,
Is there anything you can be sorting in the meantime?

On a side note but related. what did you use to break the old chain?
What fitments does the 520 chain have to keep it secure?
Its been a long time since I broke a chain and installed a new master clip.
Nelly

Looks like it being sorted now Jamie,
Is there anything you can be sorting in the meantime?

On a side note but related. what did you use to break the old chain?
What fitments does the 520 chain have to keep it secure?
Its been a long time since I broke a chain and installed a new master clip.
Nelly

There are a million things i am sorting anyway....work stuff, bike stuff, holiday stuff, family stuff....going on any holiday for someone as busy as me, with such a complicated life, is like launching a space shuttle!

Ok, we broke the old chain with an angle grinder, and a chain breaker tool...nothing like getting "agricultural" with a grinder!

The EK 520 Quadra ring chain comes with a normal, 2 pin link, clip, and cover...gotta sa the quadra ring chain is damn heavy...apparently it's what used at GP level...but that could be the bike shop blowing smoke up you know where, but it looks the bizzo.

Everyone tells me that with the 520 chain, and -2 front, +1 rear, that i will notice a massive difference in both pick up, and drive...hope so, that's why i am doing it...not for top speed, for pick up, and drive out of corners.

:thumbup:

Back