Suspension on 1?

cmor15

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone ever have the suspension on setting 1? what about 2?

I'm 180lb (82kg) and ride often with a passenger. Would y'all recommend putting it on a lower than standard (3) setting?

Danke schön

I'm about 80kg and for my daily riding I like it set on 4. Gives an nice feel without being too hard I think. When my girlfriend rides along I'll pop it up to 6, otherwise it feels like the rear-end is all sloppy while cornering.

I'm still toying around with it though, to find the best allround setting. Can't really imagine setting it to lower than 3 in any case. Would get way to soft for my taste I think, but guess it could work for daily commuting?

I'm about 75kg and used to put it on 4 for conmuting no matter if solo or with pillion

for the twisties riding solo I used to put it on 5, the same for touring without luggage.

for touring solo or with passenger and with luggage I used to put it on 7

notice that my passenger weights 55 kgs (121lbs)

However recently the above settings are not being enough, 'cause I don't feel anymore the bike as planted as before, so I guess is time for a suspension upgrade, let's call it hyper pro progressive spring or "the original gold" :D

Cheers

I've experimented with different settings. I weigh 165 without gear.
Set at 2, it's very very soft. Great for slow, non-spirited cruising.
At 3, it's "just right" for just about all situations.
At 4, it's better for spirited riding, but quite harsh over bumps.
For 2-up riding (my wife only weighs 115 without gear), I crank it all the way up to 7 and it feels perfect.

How heavy is the pillion ?? What sort of riding are you doing with a pillion ?? Road conditions ?? All need to be considered..

usually my passenger is just a girl around 120lb (54kg). Im usually just riding around town to school/work/etc.. sometimes windy roads around the lake and curvy highway riding.
but the roads around here are kinda ****ty so it can be bumpy. Maybe ill do a 2 for individual riding and 4/5 with passenger

I've experimented with different settings. I weigh 165 without gear.
Set at 2, it's very very soft. Great for slow, non-spirited cruising.
At 3, it's "just right" for just about all situations.
At 4, it's better for spirited riding, but quite harsh over bumps.
For 2-up riding (my wife only weighs 115 without gear), I crank it all the way up to 7 and it feels perfect.

My figures and findings are exactly the same up to the passenger. Mine weighs 105 lbs. And for her “5” is the perfect setting for two up, “6” is a bit harsh.

I've also experimented a lot. It is a matter of taste. I don't go below 3 and most of my riding is in Boston with bumpy roads. I left it now at 4 with/without my wife (125lbs) on the back because I am too lazy to switch. It makes the ride softer for her and a little more harsh for me when I go solo. But, still much better than my Ducati. :cool:

Back