Suspension swap on the Buell

Hey Cliff, believe it or not, I'm ready to head south again already. Wavex and I are already in the sinister pre planning stages of our next get together.
<now back to your regularly scheduled thread..> :BLAA:

Hey Cliff, believe it or not, I'm ready to head south again already. Wavex and I are already in the sinister pre planning stages of our next get together.
<now back to your regularly scheduled thread..> :BLAA:

Very cool! Copy me in the PM's and keep me in the loop! :thumbup:

Delivery due today!!! w00t :D

Oh and I was playing with my iphone this weekend and created this in a few minutes... some of the app on that phone are awesome! :)

4986489265_9f195fcfc3_z.jpg

Delivery due today!!! w00t :D

Oh and I was playing with my iphone this weekend and created this in a few minutes... some of the app on that phone are awesome! :)

4986489265_9f195fcfc3_z.jpg

Okay...This how you do it...You get a can of vegetable beef soup. Open it. Put the can upright inside the front of your shirt under your neck. Cover your throat with your hand. This hides the buldge and covers the top of the can. Make a, "Sick, I don't think I can make to school t'day face" as you run for the waste paper basket by the water cooler. Make loud throw up sounds as you uncover the top of the can and poor it in the wastepaper basket. Most people will not catch any of the small details as they usually wince and turn a walk away from this human condition. You now just run for your car in the parking lot and can call in with your "I'm sick voice" and tell them I probably won't be in for a couple of days cuz I don't want you guys to catch this. :spank: :rof::rof:
Now let's get to some real work! You'll be done with the front end tonight and testing it tomorrow!:rockon:

Edit: Yes I saw, "The Great Santini"

lol nice Cliff... I wish I was working on the bike right now!!! I should be able to ride to work tomorrow or Wednesday :rockon:

everything looks beautiful!! the dude is actually an admin from the other forum... got a free t-shirt! :D

4988972764_18444540c0_b.jpg

oh and the big box in the background is the new set of BT016s from the Cyclegear sale posted by Cali rider recently :D

Now it's time for some black powder coat and to turn some wrenches! Dude, I wish I was still in Cali. I'd be there in a heart beat with a case of beer and my ratchets.

Powder Coating them won't work because the thickness of the coat will screw the fit on the triple clamps... but I do plan to get them anodized eventually (means I'll have to disassemble the forks completely, which I am in no rush to do :)), but for now I just want them on the bike to check them and make sure all is good...

Started on the front forks last night :)

Nice, David. I love how you are unafraid to undertake any mod.

I know it changes the look of your bike, but I don't think it's that bad. I know you love the dark, blacked out look (I do too frankly) but it doesn't look that bad.

LOL John, re: "I can't imagine how much faster you can possibly be on the new forks" :D

Thanks guys!

I agree, it doesn't look that bad, but it doesn't look great either lol... I'll get them anodized black eventually... I just wanted to get them on the bike ASAP to check them out :)

I actually didn't ride the bike to work today since I remembered this morning that I have racquetball after work tonight! Tomorrow for sure though.

BTW, who's had a vasectomy done around here? will I be able to ride the day after I get it done??? :D

Thanks guys!

I agree, it doesn't look that bad, but it doesn't look great either lol... I'll get them anodized black eventually... I just wanted to get them on the bike ASAP to check them out :)

I actually didn't ride the bike to work today since I remembered this morning that I have racquetball after work tonight! Tomorrow for sure though.

BTW, who's had a vasectomy done around here? will I be able to ride the day after I get it done??? :D

I've had the "big V" done and undone David. :eek: I went dancing the day after the first one (just have a bag of ice handy after the ride).

I think you should give the Buell a good "shake down" ride after all of your work. FWIW, Travis and I are doing the Little Dragon on Friday...perfect testing place if you want to join in.. :BLAA:

I've had the "big V" done and undone David. :eek: I went dancing the day after the first one (just have a bag of ice handy after the ride).

I think you should give the Buell a good "shake down" ride after all of your work. FWIW, Travis and I are doing the Little Dragon on Friday...perfect testing place if you want to join in.. :BLAA:

Alright, so I should be able to ride on Saturday (getting it done @ 1pm on Friday) :)

I wish I could do the Little Dragon with you guys!!! bastards!!! :rockon:

that is a really cool looking bike, the silver on the forks look fine.

They match my foot pegs :thumbup: :BLAA:

Saddle up Cowboy! Just remember that you're trading in man's biggest sympathy card when you go for a ride on Saturday. You can milk this day better than your birthday, father's day or any other combination combined. :thumbup:

Talk about the ultimate thread hijack. :ban::D

That's a good point you make John... that means I can try to get a whole day off for riding on Sat. :)

So I just got off the phone with an anodizing shop to get a ROM quote on getting my forks done and he said it'll be around $100... sounds reasonable to me (I'd prefer $50 though lol), but does anyone else have experience with the cost of anodizing?

Back