Tank Pad...

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT: So i went ahead and got the one i wanted! It was pretty easy to install apart that i was freaking out about getting it on straight...I think i came pretty close, just the bottom is a tiny bit more to the right (by just a few mm's) but the top looks to be pretty dead center. Anyhow i love the design! Got it for $19.95 + Tax at my local Cycle Gear. Heres some pics! :rockon:

Last edited:

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
C

CombatPenguin

Yes the pic did help, thanks! So i guess it sticks fine around the bend?

So far it's sticking well, washed the bike a few times and it's sat in the sun on some nice hot days and no problems.

fridgebuzzz

Reaction score
fridgebuzzz.multiply.com
no damage to paintwork but if your bike is exposed to sun a lot (it happens in sunny singapore often) then when u peel the sticker off, u see 2 colour tones on the tank...it helps protect from scratches if wear belt. :cheer:

added: pic of plain tankpad
IMG_4838.JPG

sticking well, through-out.

Last edited:

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a used '07 that has a protector like the silver FZ6 in the pic above. It sticks ok, and I've left it in place. I've heard they provide extra 'grip' during hard braking too. Heh, haven't needed that yet.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I got my tank pad :cheer:, i updated the first post, pics are there for your viewing pleasure! Let me know what you think ^_^

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fridgebuzz, In a weird bit of synchronicity I was thinking to myself, what do you need the tank pad for? Just as the thought exited my mind, I saw your post about if you wear a belt you can scratch the paint. LOL after putting my bike down lowside 2 times, i'm past the point of caring about a bit of scratches from my belt lol. Do you all find them handy though?

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fridgebuzz, In a weird bit of synchronicity I was thinking to myself, what do you need the tank pad for? Just as the thought exited my mind, I saw your post about if you wear a belt you can scratch the paint. LOL after putting my bike down lowside 2 times, i'm past the point of caring about a bit of scratches from my belt lol. Do you all find them handy though?
Well i think originally it was to prevent scratches from the jackets (zipper...) but since the FZ6 is not a crotch rocket i dont lean on the tank at all, i'm supa tall so my belt doesnt come that close, all i noticed is my jeans inseem (right at the crotch, cuz i sag my pants abit since i'm supa tall and have a flat ass, lol) rub the tank so it leaves a few marks that i usually wipe off. But also the tank pad's for looks, makes our bikes more personal i think!

fridgebuzzz

Reaction score
fridgebuzzz.multiply.com

:D that thing came with the bike, i had no idea what's the use until i asked other riders. only then i knew it was to protect tank from scratches...handy, i wouldn't really know. sometimes i put on the tank bra. :cheer:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I got my tank pad :cheer:, i updated the first post, pics are there for your viewing pleasure! Let me know what you think ^_^

That's wicked! :Flash: I would have gone for something like that if I was a bit younger......ok.....a LOT younger. :D
I opted for a "carbon fiber" finish to my tank pad, and placed it on the tank more for form than function. The red bikes really seem to show off carbon fiber accessories, imo. Also, the FZ6 tank does lend itself to a tank pad, which always adds a nice touch to the bike....even the blue ones. :D

Scorp3.jpg