The Aussie Gear & Accessories review's & view's thread!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No Rossi tattoos. Have thought about them though.

My only tattoo is a Welsh dragon.

But maybe for my next tattoo a sun and moon? Nah, think I'll pass on a Rossi tattoo......

How can you tell it's a Welsh Dragon? Does it have an accent?

I was gonna get a Stoner tattoo, but was a little concerned people might get the wrong idea about my lifestyle...lol.:BLAA:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking and doing are 2 different things.

I can guarantee I will NOT get a Rossi tattoo. I like the idea, but whenever I see people with them at race meets etc, I think "tacky".

I apologise now to anyone that reads this post and has a Rossi tattoo. Sorry ....

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How can you tell it's a Welsh Dragon? Does it have an accent?

I was gonna get a Stoner tattoo, but was a little concerned people might get the wrong idea about my lifestyle...lol.:BLAA:
Yes, it has a Welsh accent.... :shakehead:

I saw a woman in last months AMCN letters to the editors section with a huge #27 tattooed on her. Sorry, but it looked AWFUL.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking and doing are 2 different things.

I can guarantee I will NOT get a Rossi tattoo. I like the idea, but whenever I see people with them at race meets etc, I think "tacky".

I apologise now to anyone that reads this post and has a Rossi tattoo. Sorry ....

So you should...I'm gonna have to go and get my Rossi Tattoo removed now....it actually says, "Rossi is a left arm rock thrower!"...lol.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ROTLMFAO! At the last 5 posts.....

I saw that tattoo in AMCN...."Bogan"! :D

As for the accent comment! Gold! You really are are funny lil bugger Mikey!

:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, back on topic for a bit ( I know, I sould be ashamed of myself), I rode home tonight with my Bikers Gear jacket, over a 'T' shirt, and blow me down if I wasn't as snug as the proverbial bug in the proverbial rug. I love that thing.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, back on topic for a bit ( I know, I sould be ashamed of myself), I rode home tonight with my Bikers Gear jacket, over a 'T' shirt, and blow me down if I wasn't as snug as the proverbial bug in the proverbial rug. I love that thing.:thumbup:

That would have to win the award for best value of the year so far!

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That would have to win the award for best value of the year so far!

Most useful ambience of the year award?...lol.:BLAA:

I can't wait to fish, eat, sleep, ride in it and generally stink it up to high heaven if I can get away for a few days later in the week...lol. Will for sure be my touring jacket of choice.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most useful ambience of the year award?...lol.:BLAA:

I can't wait to fish, eat, sleep, ride in it and generally stink it up to high heaven if I can get away for a few days later in the week...lol. Will for sure be my touring jacket of choice.:thumbup:

And to think i have been looking at a new Clover Touring Jacket...to replace my older Clover jacket...8 years old now...and still good, but a bit out of fashion"...

Difference being that the Clover Jacket is $1000, discounted from $1500! It cant possibly be that much bettert than your $100 special!

:eek:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And to think i have been looking at a new Clover Touring Jacket...to replace my older Clover jacket...8 years old now...and still good, but a bit out of fashion"...

Difference being that the Clover Jacket is $1000, discounted from $1500! It cant possibly be that much bettert than your $100 special!

You could just buy 5 Bikers Gear ones and pocket the other $500...lol.

That jacket of yours is a very nice jacket though....but yeah...$1000 smackeroos makes me go:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You could just buy 5 Bikers Gear ones and pocket the other $500...lol.

That jacket of yours is a very nice jacket though....but yeah...$1000 smackeroos makes me go:eek:

The Clover jackets are brilliant...only jacket i have ever had, that i can ride with just a t-shirt underneath on a very cold day, and stay very comfortable...armour is top rate too. But it is crazy money...the one i have now cost $700 8 or 9 years ago...it may even be longer...at the time, that was crazy expensive for a touring jacket...$1000 is today!

But you know, it's sorta worth it...in a way.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to admit after previous experience with motorcycle gear AND everything else I generally like to pay more for something thats going to last.
Every time I buy a cheapy for gear it is lucky to last a year and I end up forking up for something good which I still have years later, generally in great condition.
Thats why I try and buy good stuff massively reduced than cheap stuff, seems to be a decent difference, despite me also sometimes being unimpressed by the massive price tags on many of the name brands.

I mean my RST Pro Series textile pants where actually the priciest in the shop at the time (of the waterproof variety) and they are just amazingly good, infact now its cold I actually wear them most of the time since it almost rains for me no matter how clear the sky is when I start out, and they totally stop the wind chill.

I kind of wish I had gotten the RST matching jacket but I got a Dririder Nordic Pro massively reduced for about half the RRP so I can't complain since its great as well, its just the zips dont match :(

Plus when you consider the cheaper gear, especially the textile stuff is throw away most of the time even in a minor accident, while the leather and more expensive stuff is generally built to last it could be both your wallet AND your life that the extra money saves.

I guess in the end as long as its some protective gear its better than nothing.
I mean all those Gixxer riders get an amazing bargain for their gear:
T-shirt: $20 (Or wife beater: $5)
Shorts: $35
Thongs: $10
Helmet: Either the cheapest or the absolute most expensive.
You would think undies would actually be a big expense but since most lack a brain they don't seem to **** themselves every time they ALMOST die due to their own stupidity.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to admit after previous experience with motorcycle gear AND everything else I generally like to pay more for something thats going to last.
Every time I buy a cheapy for gear it is lucky to last a year and I end up forking up for something good which I still have years later, generally in great condition.
Thats why I try and buy good stuff massively reduced than cheap stuff, seems to be a decent difference, despite me also sometimes being unimpressed by the massive price tags on many of the name brands.

I mean my RST Pro Series textile pants where actually the priciest in the shop at the time (of the waterproof variety) and they are just amazingly good, infact now its cold I actually wear them most of the time since it almost rains for me no matter how clear the sky is when I start out, and they totally stop the wind chill.

I kind of wish I had gotten the RST matching jacket but I got a Dririder Nordic Pro massively reduced for about half the RRP so I can't complain since its great as well, its just the zips dont match :(

Plus when you consider the cheaper gear, especially the textile stuff is throw away most of the time even in a minor accident, while the leather and more expensive stuff is generally built to last it could be both your wallet AND your life that the extra money saves.

I guess in the end as long as its some protective gear its better than nothing.
I mean all those Gixxer riders get an amazing bargain for their gear:
T-shirt: $20 (Or wife beater: $5)
Shorts: $35
Thongs: $10
Helmet: Either the cheapest or the absolute most expensive.
You would think undies would actually be a big expense but since most lack a brain they don't seem to **** themselves every time they ALMOST die due to their own stupidity.

have to agree with you...quality NORMALLY wins out, but just occasionally you get a bargain with a cheaper item...like Mikey's $100 jacket.

Have to agree, the RST gear is very very good also...i have a set of the RST Pro winter gloves, and they are amazing...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
have to agree with you...quality NORMALLY wins out, but just occasionally you get a bargain with a cheaper item...like Mikey's $100 jacket.

Have to agree, the RST gear is very very good also...i have a set of the RST Pro winter gloves, and they are amazing...

My $89 RJays mesh jacket has done around 35,000km and been given the black scrapey stuff test and I'm still wearing that one (not even a mark to show for it:()...lol...it has faded a bit though.

My worst investment was my Nordic Pro pants. Even on a cold day they are too warm and because they don't breathe I stink 'em up in no time...lol.

And my $189-ish Berik boots got the old Bike-boot-4WD squish test, and I'm still wearing them (went straight out an bought a new set though, 'cause I know they are comfy and work)...lol....and I still have a functioning foot....lol.

I could probably get away with the standard Gixxer gear, as I don't ride very fast (even Ducati riders can keep up) and I'm very furry anyhow:thumbup::D

I don't worry too much about price tag, but I'm happy if I find something cheap and good, like my new $100 el cheapo. It's more of a commuting/touring jacket anyhow, so it doesn't need to have the ultimate armour etc. I leave that for my Ixon jacket and my leathers.

My HJC AC11 has done 70,000km in all seasons also, and is just starting to look a little less than shmick-o. It'll polish up ok with some Plexus, but I think it might be soon becoming my backup hellmut. Looking at the HJC AC12 Carbon Vader. Sweet lookin' stack hat:D.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My $89 RJays mesh jacket has done around 35,000km and been given the black scrapey stuff test and I'm still wearing that one (not even a mark to show for it:()...lol...it has faded a bit though.

My worst investment was my Nordic Pro pants. Even on a cold day they are too warm and because they don't breathe I stink 'em up in no time...lol.

And my $189-ish Berik boots got the old Bike-boot-4WD squish test, and I'm still wearing them (went straight out an bought a new set though, 'cause I know they are comfy and work)...lol....and I still have a functioning foot....lol.

I could probably get away with the standard Gixxer gear, as I don't ride very fast (even Ducati riders can keep up) and I'm very furry anyhow:thumbup::D

I don't worry too much about price tag, but I'm happy if I find something cheap and good, like my new $100 el cheapo. It's more of a commuting/touring jacket anyhow, so it doesn't need to have the ultimate armour etc. I leave that for my Ixon jacket and my leathers.

My HJC AC11 has done 70,000km in all seasons also, and is just starting to look a little less than shmick-o. It'll polish up ok with some Plexus, but I think it might be soon becoming my backup hellmut. Looking at the HJC AC12 Carbon Vader. Sweet lookin' stack hat:D.

The HJC AC12 Carbon helmet's have one of the highest scores ever given to a helmet for impact resistance....i can vouvh for this first hand, as i smacked my head damn hard on the track at Mallala....destroyed the helmet, as it took ALL the impact....i didnt even have a bruise, or a headache!!! Freaking great helmet...super light as well, and pretty quiet, until you reach warp speed...

Get the HJC Carbon Mikey...awesome helmet! just awesome! I am on my 2nd one now...just love them!

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not the Carbon, but just got my HJC FS15 friday. You can probably guess what colour.

So far Im bloody impressed. Quite literally fits exactly the same as my much dearer XR1000. The FS15 also seals fantastically when you close the visor.

One thing has me stumped, its a quieter helmet in the sense of ambient/engine noise, but it seems to be louder with wind noise.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not the Carbon, but just got my HJC FS15 friday. You can probably guess what colour.

So far Im bloody impressed. Quite literally fits exactly the same as my much dearer XR1000. The FS15 also seals fantastically when you close the visor.

One thing has me stumped, its a quieter helmet in the sense of ambient/engine noise, but it seems to be louder with wind noise.

Might be that new fangled spoiler to help with flow through of air.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yep, my HJC helmet is as good as any Shoei, or Aria Helmet that i have used...

Might be that new fangled spoiler to help with flow through of air.

As for it being noisy....with my first HJC being a bit noisy...i got the next size of cheek pads on the second helmet, and the helmet is much quieter, you may just need to "snug things up" around the front of the helmet...cause most of the noise comes from air coming through the chin vents...you just need to stop the air floiw, before it gets to your ears!