The Aussie Gear & Accessories review's & view's thread!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dropped the XJR :drool: in for a service today and was given a TDM900 as a loaner , what great bike... High seating position which is great for traffic vision , light steering for nimble handling , awesome power across the range but ugly as sin :eek: :eek: If only the styling was better :(....

Also given a new Scorpion EXO 1000 Apollo helmet to review for them as they are new to the store , I'll consider buying one of these helmets when im due for an update :thumbup: built in sun visor is a fantastic idea :rockon: havent played with the visor release mechanism but it looks simple , comes with a chin guard , ventilation seem ok but it was freezing this morning so it is a little hard to judge , fairly noisey but im used to that with the AGV..... All in all i'd say about 8 outta 10 :thumbup: http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55...elmets&sc_id=5BD618AC17DF4696987C8D78146F4A62

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dropped the XJR :drool: in for a service today and was given a TDM900 as a loaner , what great bike... High seating position which is great for traffic vision , light steering for nimble handling , awesome power across the range but ugly as sin :eek: :eek: If only the styling was better :(....

Also given a new Scorpion EXO 1000 Apollo helmet to review for them as they are new to the store , I'll consider buying one of these helmets when im due for an update :thumbup: built in sun visor is a fantastic idea :rockon: havent played with the visor release mechanism but it looks simple , comes with a chin guard , ventilation seem ok but it was freezing this morning so it is a little hard to judge , fairly noisey but im used to that with the AGV..... All in all i'd say about 8 outta 10 :thumbup: http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55...elmets&sc_id=5BD618AC17DF4696987C8D78146F4A62

The TDM uses basically the same motor as the TRX850....and what a great bike that was, is...actually won BOTY back in it's day...that motor is a gem...

As for the helmet, was looking at a few different helmets that have the flip up sun visor....was impressed by the quality of the HJC effort, but have not seen the Scorpion...will have to keep an eye out for it...thanks for sharing Humpy.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PS: Dan for Tassie!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The TDM uses basically the same motor as the TRX850....and what a great bike that was, is...actually won BOTY back in it's day...that motor is a gem...

As for the helmet, was looking at a few different helmets that have the flip up sun visor....was impressed by the quality of the HJC effort, but have not seen the Scorpion...will have to keep an eye out for it...thanks for sharing Humpy.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PS: Dan for Tassie!

Cool , i didnt know they shared the same donk but your right that was a super great bike :thumbup: only difference is the TRX was sexy :D something the TDM isnt :(.....

Rode home with the Scorpion helmet tonight in 3c temps & noticed it is a very warm helmet , does this mean poor airflow :confused: it seamed fine & didnt fog up but it was noticably warm :don'tknow:

Both I & Mrs Humps are keen as mustard on Tassie but having just started my new job im not confidant we'll get there :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool , i didnt know they shared the same donk but your right that was a super great bike :thumbup: only difference is the TRX was sexy :D something the TDM isnt :(.....

Rode home with the Scorpion helmet tonight in 3c temps & noticed it is a very warm helmet , does this mean poor airflow :confused: it seamed fine & didnt fog up but it was noticably warm :don'tknow:

Both I & Mrs Humps are keen as mustard on Tassie but having just started my new job im not confidant we'll get there :(

Hmmmm...warm in 3c temps....what would it be like on a mid 30c day!!! :eek:

As for not being able to get to Tassie....sell the first born! :justkidding:

As for the TDM/TRX thingo....the TRX has a different crank, and firing order, but other than that, they are pretty similar...the TDM motor was given a makeover for the TRX, and the firing order was changed, so that it sounded like a v-twin....it worked, a TRX with Staintunes sounds very rorty, and very v-twin...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like the new avatar Jamie...lol:D. Is that a little cherry, just above it?

Thought you'd have had enough of cherry picking...LMAO:BLAA:.

BTW..I do know it's referred to as the Apple Isle...lol

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

And to the gutter we go! :spank:

Your just jealous! :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You know it's an apple.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Mikey :spank: :spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to find a shop in Adelaide that stocks Clover bike jackets....cause i wanna try one on before i buy it, and the only place i can find that stocks Clover in Australia is Picture Me Rolling in Sydney!

:(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm...warm in 3c temps....what would it be like on a mid 30c day!!! :eek:

As for not being able to get to Tassie....sell the first born! :justkidding:

Yeah i was wondering about the hot days myself but i could simply be a nice plush warm liner :don'tknow: I have been reading some other reviews & none complain that its hot...

As for the 1st born , he's going cheap ANYONE ????? :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm lost, and i am a massive Close Encounters fan! :confused:

RW..."Let's pick some cherries Raymona."
R......"OK sweety. Let me just turn here without the indicator and see if I can kill this guy on the motorbike"

That close encounter with the cherry picker:D

Yeah i was wondering about the hot days myself but i could simply be a nice plush warm liner :don'tknow: I have been reading some other reviews & none complain that its hot...

As for the 1st born , he's going cheap ANYONE ????? :D

Your first born sounds like a canary:eek::D

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but it's worth repeating if so. I discovered this a few years back and use it nearly daily.

If you listen to an iPod or iPhone on your commute, you NEED this. It's a wireless and waterproof remote for them. You strap the velcro wristband to your wrist (or bars). There's a receiver that plugs into the dock so you place the ipod in your pocket and plug your headphones in as per usual.

The controls are volume up/down, track forward/back, and play/pause. It's invaluable. I usually listen on random so need to track forward often, and the imbalance in volume between tracks means I use the volume control a bit too. And for the price (about $40 delivered) it's a steal.

Ebay linky (I haven't seen them on sale in Oz at all)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RW..."Let's pick some cherries Raymona."
R......"OK sweety. Let me just turn here without the indicator and see if I can kill this guy on the motorbike"

That close encounter with the cherry picker:D

Oh that! Yes well, the less said about that the better....i still have a little bit of trouble with the leg that had the blood clot in it! :(

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but it's worth repeating if so. I discovered this a few years back and use it nearly daily.

If you listen to an iPod or iPhone on your commute, you NEED this. It's a wireless and waterproof remote for them. You strap the velcro wristband to your wrist (or bars). There's a receiver that plugs into the dock so you place the ipod in your pocket and plug your headphones in as per usual.

The controls are volume up/down, track forward/back, and play/pause. It's invaluable. I usually listen on random so need to track forward often, and the imbalance in volume between tracks means I use the volume control a bit too. And for the price (about $40 delivered) it's a steal.

Now that looks like a handy piece of kit...me like's a lot! Thanks for sharing Cam!

:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Gonna have to think about this Cam. I might need it :D I was going to get my ipod surgically attached, but I've bought an iphone this week. That's my new obsession (especially angry birds.... LOL)

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I dont ride playing the iPod, but may now.

This has me excited as fitting (eventually) aftermarket pipes to the bike or heated grips!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont ride playing the iPod, but may now.

This has me excited as fitting (eventually) aftermarket pipes to the bike or heated grips!

Go the heated grips.......They are awesome on a cold morning, or night in winter!

:thumbup: