The "Off Topic" thread...

Well, after 11 days of dealing with an evil PC virus, i managed to fix my PC myself today!!! Yay for me! trust me, this was a major achievement for me...self taught computer skills, no real clues when it comes to them really...but after severe frustration...and hours of swearing, cursing, drinking, smoking, and trying....i got the bugger!

woohoo!

Welcome back mate, been pretty quiet around here for a bit.. :cheer:

I was gunna give you a ring and see if I could help with the "evil Virus", but I'm self taught too, so might not have been much help.

Now for a rant, bloody cars, useless money pits they are. Had drama's with the central locking yesterday, drivers door wouldn't lock, and would start beeping if you tried.
Well, $130 :eek: later, (and thats with employee discount), now have a new locking mechanism in, works again, but I'm missing some skin off my knuckles... Who makes these useless Holdens anyway... Oh, er.. Bugga.. I do :(

/end rant/

New rant... Whats with the weather, 40 C tomorrow, then they're predicting 30mm of rain on Thursday????
/end rant - 2/

:rockon:

Now for a rant, bloody cars, useless money pits they are. Had drama's with the central locking yesterday, drivers door wouldn't lock, and would start beeping if you tried.
Well, $130 :eek: later, (and thats with employee discount), now have a new locking mechanism in, works again, but I'm missing some skin off my knuckles... Who makes these useless Holdens anyway... Oh, er.. Bugga.. I do :(
I'm with you on Holdens (although I still wouldn't have a Ford).
Both keys went within a week - had to set alarm off to get into the car.
Holden wanted $175 for new key - local locksmith did it for $99.

Why can't you just changed batteries in these things?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you on Holdens (although I still wouldn't have a Ford).
Both keys went within a week - had to set alarm off to get into the car.
Holden wanted $175 for new key - local locksmith did it for $99.

Why can't you just changed batteries in these things?

The stuff we make at Holdens is all good, it's the outside vendor parts that are letting us down. The money-men making all the cutbacks and sourcing the cheapest stuff around.. that's the problem.

I can't complain, that's the first money I've spent on it since brand new.. 80,000 Kms later.

As for the keys, I got them replaced just before warranty ran out :thumbup:

Smart. Very smart. I'll know next time - the next one will be a Holden, of course....

Late model statesman or 64 EH. One extreme to the other.

:rolleyes:

You know you need to go on a diet, when you go buy a Santa suit, and it's too small! :(

Yes, this happened to me...last year! About to go buy another now....

:D

Oh yeah, that's the stuff. They also make their own vodka, melon liqueur, white rum etc.

Their slushies are something else. They are down the road from us in the Swan Valley. Favourite stop of mine when we drive through.

You talking bout this stuff :D :D :D Im well versed in the ways of Canefire OP ;) made for many a sore head :(

Oh yeah, that's the stuff. They also make their own vodka, melon liqueur, white rum etc.

Their slushies are something else. They are down the road from us in the Swan Valley. Favourite stop of mine when we drive through.

Your all just a bunch of flippin pi$$heads!!!! :rockon:

This is my favourite weapon of mass destruction when i am in the mood!

View attachment 24317

Has given me some major head throbbing mornings! Tastes like poop till your drunk, so it's best to start with a bed of beer, followed by a few Black Russians....

Come on, we're in Oz. ANY alcohol is good, isn't it?

Wine, stout, vodka, kahlua, midori, JD..... oh God. I'm getting thirsty....

:beer:

Can't drink alone. Mum will be at our house in 50 minutes... and counting. She'll have a wine with me. Mike home in 2 hours. He'll DEFINATELY have a drink with me.

Hurry people, hurry.....

:thumbup:

Come on, we're in Oz. ANY alcohol is good, isn't it?

Wine, stout, vodka, kahlua, midori, JD..... oh God. I'm getting thirsty....

:beer:

Can't drink alone. Mum will be at our house in 50 minutes... and counting. She'll have a wine with me. Mike home in 2 hours. He'll DEFINATELY have a drink with me.

Hurry people, hurry.....

Cant drink alone...definitely not!

Well it's the Flashdance Christmas Party tonight...so i will be off in an hour or so to play tunes for and drink with a couple thousand of me closest drinking buddies....best bit is, i have a $100 drink card to get my night started!

:iconbeer:

And yes, all alcohol is good....love my beer goggles best though!

Boxing Day rocks! Perfect riding weather, but could'nt ride, due to having both my boys today...

But, there was Cricket & a Top Gear marathon on Fox....spent the arvo, listening to cricket, watching Top Gear, and polishing, lubing, and tightening bits and pieces on the beast!

perfect!

Oh, and Mikey, thanks for the text from Lobethal....ya little mongrel!

Boxing Day rocks! Perfect riding weather, but could'nt ride, due to having both my boys today...

But, there was Cricket & a Top Gear marathon on Fox....spent the arvo, listening to cricket, watching Top Gear, and polishing, lubing, and tightening bits and pieces on the beast!

perfect!

Oh, and Mikey, thanks for the text from Lobethal....ya little mongrel!

Awesome schnitty mate. And the gravy on the chips:rockon::rockon::rockon:Mouth watering stuff.

The roads were warm, the sky was blue and the air was just right for riding...lol.:cheer:

Of course there were a number of people who should not be legal to pick up a set of car keys.

Here's a sight I always like to see. A guy about to reverse out in front of me.
View attachment 24341

And this genius. Completely on my side of the road. Didn't get back to his side until around that white post.
View attachment 24342

Or Mr Straightline here.
View attachment 24343

How about this one? WTF?
View attachment 24344

Ran out of memory card or I could go on for hours...lol.

These are the sort of idiots that kill folk on the roads.:spank:

Stay safe kiddies.:BLAA:

Nice to know you had a nice schnitty mikey...bet it wasn't as good as my steak!

Maaaate! That steak was hard to beat:drool:. Did an awesome job on it.:rockon:

I reckon it'd compare favourably with a flame grilled T bone and that's at the very top of my steak ladder...lol....And you did it in a pan:bow:.

However, to give you an idea how good this gravy was, I didn't use any tommy sauce on my chips:jawdrop:. $10.50 Palmy too. Too much to finish....happy camper me.:D

Does Christmas in Oz get any better?
Sunshine all day. Cricket on tv in the background all day. Ham for lunch. Making use of my new c**ktail book. Ham for dinner. More drinks. Pav for dessert. Even more drinks. Lazing about in the hammock. Might have to leave the house tomorrow. My baby is beckoning - she needs a long ride up to New Norcia I think..... have to test my new clear indicators.

I LOVE my job!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXTxOLD5inQ]YouTube - I love my job![/ame]

Wednesday night! hmmmm, somewhere near 3500 people thru the door! :rockon:

Back