The "Off Topic" thread...

Most posts past week: Kazza
Most posts past month: Kazza

Do I need to get out more?.....

Lol....and I thought I had a problem! j/k!

Looks like we have another Aussie forum tragic! Somehow I don't think your the first...
:D

keep up the good work...or should that be get back to work!

Mine has fully adjustable ohlins remote shock at the rear, ohlins forks internals set up by frank pons...near on 100hp at the rear wheel, and weighs about 156kg's...don't care about the torque...just know it pulls like a 15 year old boy off the line!

Still can't keep up with the boys on their 130+ hp 1000's, but it sure as the sun coming up is one sweet little beast in the twisties!

I also have braided lines front and rear, wave discs, race pads, and the bike stops on a dime!

Oh and the track tyres...just sweet!

Maybe one time we can catch up to settle this one!

But in reality, I don't really care, just as long as your bike pushes all the right buttons for you...as it sounds like it does, just like my lil beast dies for me!

Nice sparing with you humpy! :thumbup:

Always love a good sparing session :D and no i see Mikey has thrown his 2 bob's worth in , Sheesh will that guy ever learn :rolleyes: :BLAA:

Always love a good sparing session :D and no i see Mikey has thrown his 2 bob's worth in , Sheesh will that guy ever learn :rolleyes: :BLAA:

I dare you to keep up with Mikey on the FZ1....i am getting used to watching him & it, pulling out into the distance!

:rockon:

I dare you to keep up with Mikey on the FZ1....i am getting used to watching him & it, pulling out into the distance!

:rockon:

Oooh now there's a challenge :D , seriously i would like to see a 1/4 mile run between the 2 bikes , mine has power from go to whoa where as the FZ1 is still upish in the range before it kicks in.... Would make a great close run i think :thumbup:

Oooh now there's a challenge :D , seriously i would like to see a 1/4 mile run between the 2 bikes , mine has power from go to whoa where as the FZ1 is still upish in the range before it kicks in.... Would make a great close run i think :thumbup:

The FZ1 has about 30 more hp at the rear wheel...and is quite a bit lighter...my money is on the FZ1 in a flash....all prejudice, and niggling aside...that thing is a rocket ship!

A 1/4 mile run???? WTF???? If I even have 1/8 of a mile between turns I'm looking for another road. Riding in straight lines???? Might as well be getting myself a bus ticket or an orange flag and a shopping basket to hang of it....Sheese!...LMAO:BLAA::Flip: As for not learning....The horseypower rating on the Jaguar is low enough to nearly make it Lams approved...lol.:eek::Flip::BLAA::D

As for not learning....The horseypower rating on the Jaguar is low enough to nearly make it Lams approved...lol.:eek::Flip::BLAA::D

LMFAO! stick the knife in Mikey!

now as for horsepower, the XJR is quoted all over the net as having between 98hp - 10=6 hp at the rear wheel, depending on where you look, and what dyno they used...

I know that my lil black bike, has a dyno tuned 98.4 hp at the rear wheel.

A stock FZ6 = 92HP at the rear wheel, or thereabouts...

The FZ1 Has between 135 - 140 hp at the rear wheel, depending on where you look!

now as for weight...

XJR = 253Kg's

Wolfman's FZ6....Weighbridge reading ....just under 160kg's, with half tank of fuel.

FZ1 = 199kg's

Normal FZ6 = 190kg's

Yamaha XJR ? Wikipedia

Yamaha FZ1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yamaha FZ6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

power to weight ratio

Stock FZ6 = .219
Wolfy's FZ6 = .278
Stock XJR = .190
Stock FZ1 = .319

Granted, the XJR has got truckloads of grunt! but in outright power to weight ratio, it aint a contest between the XJR & FZ1!

:D:D:D:D:D

LMFAO! stick the knife in Mikey!

now as for horsepower, the XJR is quoted all over the net as having between 98hp - 10=6 hp at the rear wheel, depending on where you look, and what dyno they used...

I know that my lil black bike, has a dyno tuned 98.4 hp at the rear wheel.

A stock FZ6 = 92HP at the rear wheel, or thereabouts...

The FZ1 Has between 135 - 140 hp at the rear wheel, depending on where you look!

now as for weight...

XJR = 253Kg's

Wolfman's FZ6....Weighbridge reading ....just under 160kg's, with half tank of fuel.

FZ1 = 199kg's

Normal FZ6 = 190kg's

Yamaha XJR ? Wikipedia

Yamaha FZ1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yamaha FZ6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

power to weight ratio

Stock FZ6 = .219
Wolfy's FZ6 = .278
Stock XJR = .190
Stock FZ1 = .319

Granted, the XJR has got truckloads of grunt! but in outright power to weight ratio, it aint a contest between the XJR & FZ1!

:D:D:D:D:D

But the XJR (like a semi) has loads of torque:thumbup:...lol. So it's awesome for towing a trailer, so you can carry the family around and do the shopping:thumbup:.

And that 253kg is an asset really. I love my bike and I've only got around 200 kilos of it. With 253kg's you must get a tremendous sense of value.:thumbup:

Lams is 201hp/tonne or .201 hp/kilo, so the XJR isn't quite power to weight legal for learners:D

Who rattled my cage????What's Goin' on????Why I orta....????Sasafras'npeanutbuttersandwich....hmph!....hmph!

Mornin':D

But the XJR (like a semi) has loads of torquelol. So it's awesome for towing a trailer, so you can carry the family around and do the shopping:thumbup:.

And that 253kg is an asset really. I love my bike and I've only got around 200 kilos of it. With 253kg's you must get a tremendous sense of value.

Lams is 201hp/tonne or .201 hp/kilo, so the XJR isn't quite power to weight legal for learners

Who rattled my cage????What's Goin' on????Why I orta....????Sasafras'npeanutbuttersandwich....hmph!....hmph!

Mornin':D

The XJR is about 93kg's heavier than my bike... :eek:

The XJR is 63kg's heavier than a stock FZ6... :eek:

The XJR is 54kg's heavier than an FZ1... :eek:

The stock FZ6 rear wheel horsepower is 14hp down on the highest rear wheel hp reading i could find for the XJR... :eek:

The FZ1 has about 34 more rear wheel hp than the XJR

The FZ1 has about 46 rear wheel horsepower than a FZ6... :eek::eek:

Different strokes for different folks though...i am SURE that NONE of us, would trade our steeds for each others...

If i am going Interstate, i reckon the XJR would be the easiest ride, MOST COMFORTABLE, without much effort extoled on it's part...

If i am going to the real tight stuff....i reckon the FZ6 is gonna hold it's own against the XJR, but get absolutely smashed by the FZ1....i can tell you this from experience! :eek:

If i want an awesome middleweight hoon bike..i am taking my bike!

If i want a crazy ass naked litre bike...the FZ1 is my weapon of choice...

If i want a big bike, for a big man, that can get around much swifter than expected, even in the tight stuff, the XJR is a great choice....Sorta like a Bandit 1250, or a GSX1400....or Yamaha's own MT-01...Another torque monster!

I'm wishing I could have Humpy's bike here in the states!!!! i get my choices narrowed down by a bunvh of dumba?? rich kids with zDaddy's money and a need to be cool attitude....that leave me with gixrs and ningas to choose from on the showroom floor un less i wanna go full on poser and buy one of the replica harley metric cruisers.....thats why ibuildmy own bikes...to say fcku the norm I like what i like and don't try to tell me what i like!!! dad gummit!!!!! LOL :BLAA: :rockon: :cheer: :D :Flip: :thumbup: :spank:

Go Humpy :thumbup:. The semi (XJR) is a weapon in a straight line. I've had a few runs against big bore sports bikes, even a road train (Rocket 3) and none of them have got me :D As far as the twisties go, park the XJR and watch the FZ6 & FZ1 get rocks thrown at them as the Speed Triple rips up the tarmac in front of them :Flip:

Well isn't this fun....a little bit of spirited sparing!!! Beats the normal...look at my new handlebars stuff!!!

Still planning on getting myself a K1300r...and that should wipe the floor with most comers....truckloads of both torque, and ponies...plus it apparently handles too....pity it is $30000 with all the good bits!

Go Humpy:. The semi (XJR) is a weapon in a straight line. I've had a few runs against big bore sports bikes, even a road train (Rocket 3) and none of them have got me :D As far as the twisties go, park the XJR and watch the FZ6 & FZ1 get rocks thrown at them as the Speed Triple rips up the tarmac in front of them:

Got held up by a Triple on Lobie road once:rolleyes:, until he waved me by (and he was trying...lol.). Would've been a shock for him seeing that hunk of junk ZR7 going past him boinging along the road like a hinged pogo stick with sparks shooting out from all projections...lol.

This "proves" (LMAO) that a ZR7 is faster than a Speed Triple in the twisties:eek::BLAA:.:popcorn: By the same reasoning it is also faster than an R1:eek:

On the FZ1 I don't see it in my mirrors until I slow down and wait for it:rockon::D

This has been one of the funniest long going payout sesh's on here...lol.

I've got tears rolling down my cheeks:rof::rof:

Well isn't this fun....a little bit of spirited sparing!!! Beats the normal...look at my new handlebars stuff!!!

Still planning on getting myself a K1300r...and that should wipe the floor with most comers....truckloads of both torque, and ponies...plus it apparently handles too....pity it is $30000 with all the good bits!

But it's a BMW:eek:...lol. This means You're supposed to ride it round until your tires square off completely, and ride round corners like you're on eggshells (can sorta understand why on a 30 grand bike).

Got held up by a Triple on Lobie road once:rolleyes:, until he waved me by (and he was trying...lol.). Would've been a shock for him seeing that hunk of junk ZR7 going past him boinging along the road like a hinged pogo stick with sparks shooting out from all projections...lol.

This "proves" (LMAO) that a ZR7 is faster than a Speed Triple in the twisties:eek::BLAA:.:popcorn: By the same reasoning it is also faster than an R1:eek:

On the FZ1 I don't see it in my mirrors until I slow down and wait for it:rockon::D

This has been one of the funniest long going payout sesh's on here...lol.

I've got tears rolling down my cheeks:rof::rof:

I know what happened - you were getting towed by an XJR and the guy on the speedy waved you by. That must have been embarrassing LOL

Go Humpy :thumbup:. The semi (XJR) is a weapon in a straight line. I've had a few runs against big bore sports bikes, even a road train (Rocket 3) and none of them have got me :D As far as the twisties go, park the XJR and watch the FZ6 & FZ1 get rocks thrown at them as the Speed Triple rips up the tarmac in front of them :Flip:

Just so happens i found tonight that my mates 2007 R1 is no match for the mighty XJR..... Till 150ish anyway , of course when we got up there he snicked an extra gear for starters and pulled away but over the 1st 300 metres or so he had absolutely no answers :cheer: and his is a bike that runs 10.41 second 1/4's :Flip: puts the the 'Semi' into the very low 11's or with a lighter rider a high 10 :eek: by my math's and that my friends is ultra respectable out of a 'Armchair'.... Either way i love my baby :rockon:

I know what happened - you were getting towed by an XJR and the guy on the speedy waved you by. That must have been embarrassing LOL

I can honestly say I've never seen an XJR on Lobie road.....:confused:

Maybe there's a weigh bridge up there, and they won't let anything on the road that's over a bajillion kilos.

Come to think of it, I don't reckon I've seen one in the hills at all. Or parked at Lobie.

You still comin' down in March Mr. Humpy?....You could be the first:cheer::D

Back