"There's your problem!"

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesssss... come to the dark side.... That's my next car (when i move back out of the city)

I drove a WRX before I bought the M6. Pretty zippy - but that one had electrical issues, and while we pulled over to sort that out a blue cloud came out the back! Pretty sure the PO ditched it for those reasons. From the engine stand point, I'd guess they never did the required OCI's and basically took its life early. Pretty solid drivetrain but I'll take displacement over a turbo!

Eric, go check out the new Taurus SHO! Must get suspension package! Its a tank but it drives great! 2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package First Test - Motor Trend

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
My p5 has mtx.. traffic or not I much prefer it over atx .. though of course there are times when I wish for auto.
I considered brz.. no go. Must be able to tow moto and have cargo space.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Have you considered Subaru Outback?

It more of an SUV by now than really a wagon. I test rode the '14 model a month ago. Pretty sweet! 4x4 is very nice.

The 4 cylinder version tows 1500 the V6 will tow maximum of 3200 pounds I think. I guess V4 would suffice more than enough.

Also i test rode the Honda Crosstour and it's very nice, but inside cargo space is not as big as Outback's.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you considered Subaru Outback?

It more of an SUV by now than really a wagon. I test rode the '14 model a month ago. Pretty sweet! 4x4 is very nice.

The 4 cylinder version tows 1500 the V6 will tow maximum of 3200 pounds I think. I guess V4 would suffice more than enough.

Also i test rode the Honda Crosstour and it's very nice, but inside cargo space is not as big as Outback's.

Wife's previous car was 2005 Outback auto. Fantastic car in the snow, but not without issues. Had a bunch of minor things go wrong.
New one only comes with CVT transmission, which I'm not a fan of. Great car for its purpose, but it's not for me.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Eric, go check out the new Taurus SHO! Must get suspension package! Its a tank but it drives great! 2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package First Test - Motor Trend

EEK!! That is definitely not for me.. no matter how great it may drive.
I do like the look of 2015 Mustang and it'll finally come with IRS (been solid axle all these years). Should have enough cargo space with seats down (I hope).

2015-mustang-news-rumors_9113.jpg

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice find. That should not have cracked on a 10 year old car though. My 13 year old Honda will see 250,000 miles on the odometer by next year!

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I've no doubt mounts are torn. I've repaired the easy-to-get-to one by filling it with silicone. Rear mount is a nightmare to get to on this car. I don't think I'll be keeping it much longer. I love the thing more than I should, but it's getting to that point where it needs loads of work here and there (all suspension needs to be replaced, for instance).

My biggest issue right now.. trying to find something I actually want to drive! My current car: it's like driving a go-kart! Noisy, light and I can feel every pebble I ride over transmitted through the steering wheel. Most people would hate it, but I love it :don'tknow:

I took 2014 Mazda3 for a test ride (new version of my car). Great car .. but it's so damn refined, it lost all of the go-kart characteristics I so enjoy.

Need to take WRX for a spin and see what that's like.

Beautiful ride you got there. I'm very privy to wagons. Haven't found ANY since 2006 that I like the look of and come in manual. Only one besides my car would be the Legacy GT Wagon.

Here's my 2005 Mazda 6s Wagon:

first_shoot6.jpg

Everything offered today is either ugly or good looking but only in auto.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice find. That should not have cracked on a 10 year old car though. My 13 year old Honda will see 250,000 miles on the odometer by next year!

As Randy mentioned, chances are it was caused by torn motor mounts (this too is a very common issue for Protege5 with manual).

Honda is what I'd love to get for a long-term keeper, but they don't make anything I want to own (well.. there's the S2000, but that's not exactly practical)

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As Randy mentioned, chances are it was caused by torn motor mounts (this too is a very common issue for Protege5 with manual).

Honda is what I'd love to get for a long-term keeper, but they don't make anything I want to own (well.. there's the S2000, but that's not exactly practical)

For Sh$ts N Grins go drive the BRZ... It is Go Kart like. The S2000 is holding ground pretty dang good. A fun car with LOTS of potential! Neither are practical! :Flip:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got an 06, Mazda 6, V6. 6 spd ATX, Grand Sport Hatch. Its damn fun to drive! Even with cheap tires that came on it, it sticks well in the corners!:rolleyes: Who knew a Hatch would be so fun to drive! It's coming up on 100K fast. A year ago 70K when I bought it! I like it!

Only thing missing from the 6 is navigation. Since this pic the windows are tinted and im prepping some Acura TSX HID projectors for OEM HID replacement as they scatter light everywhere. The TSX projectors have a real nice cut-off.
DSC_5393800.jpg~original

The older 07 - 09 3's are pretty nice driving! Fun little cars. Just get an Audi R8 an call it done! lol

Beautiful ride you got there. I'm very privy to wagons. Haven't found ANY since 2006 that I like the look of and come in manual. Only one besides my car would be the Legacy GT Wagon.

Here's my 2005 Mazda 6s Wagon:

first_shoot6.jpg

Everything offered today is either ugly or good looking but only in auto.

[MENTION=20296]pookamatic[/MENTION] you on mazda6club or 6crew?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site

See, Honda/toyota uses rubber for the intake tube. The plastic ones tend to tear from cold/heat cycles and vibration.

I've owned every Honda car made but none newer than my 2002 S2000. There is no new Honda I would own but for a nice, efficient daily driver/beater car there is nothing better than the 96-00 civic. So easy to work on, I have swapped their engines with nothing but a floor jack and a helper to hold it upright as I lowered it out the bottom. There is no sub frame on these year civics so the engine can be dropped out the bottom easily if it does need replaced (which is not common). This is the second civic I've owned that had over 200K miles and drove like most cars with 100K on them.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the new stangs will offer a 2.0 Eco boost turbo also. Now that I can get behind. Throw a little money at it and compete with it's bigger brother with less weight :).

Surprising everyone mentions WRX/STI/IMPREZAS, but no one mentions the mighty Lancer Evolutions.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Surprising everyone mentions WRX/STI/IMPREZAS, but no one mentions the mighty Lancer Evolutions.

Ah.. you see, Evo starts at 35k! Certainly right up there with STI, but plain WRX can be had for 25. BIG difference.

I did drive older Evo.. ridiculously fun!

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh I wasn't talking about the tens. Now an Evo 8-9 is where it's at. I've seen those things bust 8 second 1/4s :)

Of course they had an ALPHA OMEGA GTR. With 2k+HP bust a lil faster than that. Now that's something to experience.

Drive ten hours to the shootout in Ohio. Had a great time

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SUu436l7V6g&desktop_uri=/watch?v=SUu436l7V6g

Well yeah, those rock.. but I'm not buying a used EVO!

When it comes to cars, I stick to new ones (the opposite of my motorcycle buying mentality!)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
When it comes to cars, I stick to new ones (the opposite of my motorcycle buying mentality!)

This line of thinking is why used car dealerships are in business!

There is nothing you can buy that depreciates faster than a new car. It looses, what 5% the minute you drive it off the lot and then another 7-10% per year for the first 5 years?

My last beater car I bought for $800 because it needed a new headgasket. $500 in parts later I had it running tip top and drove it another 40,000 miles in 5 years and then sold it for $1,000. That's right, I actually sold it for more than I paid after owning it for 5 years and 40K miles.

I'll never buy a newer car again. There are so many ~10 year old steals out there on vehicles. Just got my wife a fully loaded 2004 Toyota Sequoia 4x4 SUV to haul around the dogs/kid for $7,500. This was a $44,000 vehicle when new, still drives great, easily another 100K of reliable service.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This line of thinking is why used car dealerships are in business!

There is nothing you can buy that depreciates faster than a new car. It looses, what 5% the minute you drive it off the lot and then another 7-10% per year for the first 5 years?

My last beater car I bought for $800 because it needed a new headgasket. $500 in parts later I had it running tip top and drove it another 40,000 miles in 5 years and then sold it for $1,000. That's right, I actually sold it for more than I paid after owning it for 5 years and 40K miles.

I'll never buy a newer car again. There are so many ~10 year old steals out there on vehicles. Just got my wife a fully loaded 2004 Toyota Sequoia 4x4 SUV to haul around the dogs/kid for $7,500. This was a $44,000 vehicle when new, still drives great, easily another 100K of reliable service.

Nothing wrong with used, if you're handy and know how to work on cars.

My protege5.. I picked it up for 13.8k in 2014. Dealer is giving me 5k for it today. I'm quite happy with that depreciation. And because the car was brand new.. I knew everything about it and have not had any real issues with it :thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing wrong with used, if you're handy and know how to work on cars.

My protege5.. I picked it up for 13.8k in 2014. Dealer is giving me 5k for it today. I'm quite happy with that depreciation. And because the car was brand new.. I knew everything about it and have not had any real issues with it :thumbup:

Wow, your car has not aged a bit! :thumbup: