Throttlemeister installed

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished installing the Throttlemeister throttle lock to my bike.
I went with the heavy, black and milled options.
I wanted the milled throttlemeister because I think the grooves would make it easier to twist with my gloves on. I went with black because, well, I don't want chrome since I don't own a Harley. I choose the heavy option because I wanted to absorb some extra vibes.

When I first took out my old bar ends, I noticed a lot of rust! :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I cleaned up the threads with brake cleaner and shot some compressed air through the bar.

How did the water get in the handle bar? WTF?
Anybody know??

Here's the finish product. I just used the large washer with the spacer.

(left side)
attachment.php

(right side)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I went with the Throttlemeister over other products because this is the only throttle lock that allows you to power up as well as down. Maybe I missed a product in my research, but whatever, I'm happy with this product! Very well made. I didn't go for a ride because I had to watch the newest episodes of Futurama, but I tried it out while parked and the throttle stays locked, but it's not impossible to power on and off. Hopefully the heavy barends will help with the vibes.

Lots of thx for this writeup:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/main-lobby-new-member-section/5695-throttlemeister-install.html
Thanks mang! :thumbup:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Most important part, how much? Who did you buy it from? I'm seriosly thinking about getting one myself.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Most important part, how much? Who did you buy it from? I'm seriosly thinking about getting one myself.

$162 shipped with all the additional options
bought monday
shipped tues
arrived thurs
RL Motorcycles

EDIT!! THE PRICE WAS $162
ONCE YOU'RE ON THE HIGHWAY YOU WON'T BE THINKING ABOUT THE PRICE, THOUGH. :D

Last edited:

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice. Do know the weight of them? Just curious how they compare to Rizoma's heavy bar ends (have, but did not install yet).

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Goker, I can't speak about the weight of the Rizoma heavy bar ends, but I can tell you the Throttlemeister heavy bar ends are HEAVY. I had a set for a while, but rarely used them so I sold them. But they are a top-notch piece, very well made, and work great. And the heavy ones definitely reduce the vibes you feel in the bars.

They're expensive, but to me, if you do a lot of highway riding, they're completely worth it. It's a bit tricky to get them set up just right, but once you do, they just work.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice. Do know the weight of them? Just curious how they compare to Rizoma's heavy bar ends (have, but did not install yet).

According to the Throttlemeister site:

attachment.php

The Heavy model works and mounts the same as our standard model but is .400 Inch longer and weighs approximately 2 oz more per side. This should help reduce vibration. We have also received a lot of comments that it's easier to operat because of the bigger size. (Weights are an average and may vary depending on the type of mounting kit needed for the installation).

I didn't weigh them before putting them on.

I tightened them up so much (after getting the right spacer configuration) and put so much blue/medium loctite on those bad boyz, they're never coming out! At least, I hope not.....

It's heavy though. I rode into work today and tested them out for a fews minutes.
Nice! I would need to do a long ride to figure out how well it dampens the vibrations. I'm sure they will do a good job, especially over the stock bar ends.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was told the thread pattern is different? Is that correct? I was going to do the Throttlemeister but was told the threads were different.
Thanks for the help.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I was told the thread pattern is different? Is that correct? I was going to do the Throttlemeister but was told the threads were different.
Thanks for the help.

Naaww... There's no way. I was screwing and unscrewing them in when I was seeing how everything fits together.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the information.
I will be buying a cruise contro soon and I am between this one and the breakaway; Does anyone know how good or bad this last one is?

BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control

that looks really neat!!^^^

At least with the throttlemeister i can power on and off.
So if I need to bail if someone changes lanes in front of me or something, I can hit the throttle and be out of there.

Plus I get heavier bar ends.

For $200 I don't see how the brakeway is a lot better.
I could be wrong.

FuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get the BrakeAway. It seems to be a solution in search of a problem. You can still adjust the throttle position with any of the throttle locks. You'll naturally roll off the throttle as you hit the brake anyway. I can't see paying $200 for the BrakeAway instead of $20 for a Vista-Cruise which accomplishes the same thing.

I have the Throttlemeister myself and I love it. It doesn't get used very often, but it's a lifesaver when you need it.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the Vista Cruse decided not to install due to the fact it takes up some hand room on the throttle. I have just ordered the Throttlemeister. Sweet.:thumbup:
Thanks

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the Vista Cruse decided not to install due to the fact it takes up some hand room on the throttle. I have just ordered the Throttlemeister. Sweet.:thumbup:
Thanks

cool! take a look at that link i posted for installation instructions.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/main-lobby-new-member-section/5695-throttlemeister-install.html

Thbrtmn did a GREAT job. :rockon:

I just used one of the large washers and the spacer, of course.
Test it all out before tightening it to death.
You want to be able to twist the throttle in both directions in an emergency.

Hopefully you won't have all that rust like my old bar ends did. :eek::eek:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I just came back from some long riding, by my standards.
I really tested the TM out! The fact that I can feel my hands means that the heavier bar ends did the trick! :rockon: Being able to type this right now without my wrists turning to Jello is also an example of how awesome a Throttlemeister is ! :thumbup:

It made riding on the highway much more bearable. I just sought out places where I could safely use the Throttlemeister, like a long stretch of road with no cars in front. I would then set the TM and cruise, occasionally readjusting.

The great thing about the TM is that when there's a hill and the bike slows down, I can just reach up and readjust the throttle, without re-tightening the TM. In other words, there is enough friction to hold the throttle in place, and also adjust it.

thieu

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the information.
I will be buying a cruise contro soon and I am between this one and the breakaway; Does anyone know how good or bad this last one is?

BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control

Bought one for myself - it's a bit more to install in comparison to the throttlemister ( my old man has that one ) but once you get it set-up properly it's awsome. i prefer it greatly over the throttlemister having had the chance to use both. But the throttlemister does look nicer!

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the Throttlemeister over other products because this is the only throttle lock that allows you to power up as well as down. Maybe I missed a product in my research, but whatever, I'm happy with this product! Very well made. I didn't go for a ride because I had to watch the newest episodes of Futurama, but I tried it out while parked and the throttle stays locked, but it's not impossible to power on and off. Hopefully the heavy barends will help with the vibes.

Lots of thx for this writeup:
Thanks mang! :thumbup:

Lol Futurama is about the only thing that can keep me from going for a ride as well haha :thumbup: