Throwback Ride

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of you may know from an older post that I was involved in an accident on my old Ninja 650R back in September. All of the fairings were trashed, the headlight was destroyed, but mechanically the bike appeared fine. I had the bike professionally looked at because I was worried that the forks may be bent, but sure enough, other than a slightly bent handlebar, the bike is fine and safe to ride.

So, I pulled off all the body components, cleaned her up, and took her out for a spirited ride today. Forgot how much fun this bike is! You cant wind it out like the FZ6 as redline is only 11K, and it is not as smooth as the FZ, but its such a nimble little bike, is a blast on the twisties, and has fantastic low end. Not to mention, I think it looks great with the fairings removed.

It is on its way to becoming a streetfighter and really only needs a headlight, bar mounted rear views, and front turn signals. The bike is up for sale, but to be honest I am almost considering hanging onto it now. Check it out!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
It would definitely look cool with a nice big single headlight and a belly pan. If I decide to keep the bike, these are mods I will likely do. However, it appears I will be getting a fat check from the other drivers insurance and I already have a few people interested in the bike, so at this time, I am leaning towards selling it.

I kinda like the look of the coolant overflow just sitting there exposed like that, and I really dont think it is in danger of breaking. Of course if the bike goes down on that side, it will get messed up, but more often than not, when you go down you got bigger things to worry about :eek: