Time for new tires(or tyres)!!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, you must have a dyno butt. Other than on the track where I run 30 psi I keep my tires above 36 psi on the street and seem to do just fine in all types of riding without all the slipping you seem to encounter. Is it the tires or your riding style????

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, since the post, I have tried (psi)
- 25f/28r based on my previous setting which gave me confidence on the Angels, felt same as the old tires, no feeling of slipping etc. It was also in damp conditions when I put the new tires on, so it was a good thing to not feel any sliding because of new tires.
- 28f/32r this morning and was surprised at the amount of grip and road feel with no feeling of any slipping.
- 32f/36r in the afternoon based on the oem label on the swing arm. This too had no feeling of slip/slide or any harshness/bumpiness in the ride. I remember that both Metzeler Z8 and Pirelli Angels got a bit harsh going over bumps and never felt planted in the middle of turns. Now though, the BT016s show no/less feeling of slide at this psi and feel very natural going into turns.

So, I am planning on keeping them as is until I see how they work on wet roads. Now onto adjusting the compression/rebound!!

If you haven't purchased new tires yet, check this out, if you're interested:
Thoughts on BT-023 Bridgestones? $165 for a pair.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you haven't purchased new tires yet, check this out, if you're interested:
Thoughts on BT-023 Bridgestones? $165 for a pair.

I actually just got another puncture, so I bought a BT-023 to replace the old T30 Evo. When the plug fails I'll mount that and see how it works out.

Assuming I can eke another 1k out of the plugged tire, I'll be averaging 3k miles per rear tire. I've literally put the majority of my miles on plugged tires, plugged every single rear tire on this bike, and never managed to wear one completely out. I'm getting very frustrated with it, if you can't tell.

Can I buy ****ko sport rubber and get similar grip to sport touring tires? The wear characteristics are apparently going to be completely irrelevant for me.