Top Saddlery seats

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for a new seat for my fat a$$ cause the stock one isn't cutting if for long rides. I am looking at the Top Saddlery seats because they just seem more comfy than the corbin, and cheaper too.

For anyone out there that has one, how are they? How are the materials(also wtf are the materials, all i can see is sel003... which is useless), how are the ergonomics, is the gel worth the money?

Any help would be fantastic.

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
i think there was a post on a custom seat for $200, if you are interested let me know i will look.

Thanks opds, but I'm really looking for some info on the top saddlery seats. Also does anyone know if the Bagster seats are better/worse/on par with them? They look pretty similar. I've read posts of folk's who've bought these, but everything I've read has been "I've just bought it and it rawks" and we all know how you start to notice things after the initial novelty of something new wears off. Just wondering what people think of these seats.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is one good looking saddle! I like the contour of it much better than my Corbin.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
*kick*

I just found out that mr. Postman delivered my Top Saddlery saddle at the neighbours. They are running a promo at Top saddlery, so I got myself this saddle for a nice price. Much better than the Corbin I was tempted to buy at the Moto Expo i visited last weekend.

saddle2.jpg

Now I only have to get my FZ6 back from the storage, can't wait .... :D

jerry433

jerry433
Reaction score
Visit site
So Unseen, how did this seat work out for you, or should I say, how long did you used to ride before you would have pain in your butt with the Yamaha OEM compaired to how long you can now ride with out pain with this new seat?

tymensen

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the TS seat with the gel inserts. I only used to be able to ride on the stock seat for about an hour or two before I was done for the day. With the TS seat I can go all day, with afew little breaks of course. Extremely comfortable.

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the TS seat with the gel inserts. I only used to be able to ride on the stock seat for about an hour or two before I was done for the day. With the TS seat I can go all day, with afew little breaks of course. Extremely comfortable.

I can back this statement anytime! I have mine for about a year now and not only it does not compare with the original, but it also improves the look of the machine. It is the best seat you could buy for the FZ6. The best part I think it is the backrest as once seated, you feel your fat a$$ :rolleyes: confined and secured in place should you lean forward or adopt a more straight up position.

The only bad part about it is that you can not have a cowl for a single seat look.

zamolxes

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks opds, but I'm really looking for some info on the top saddlery seats. Also does anyone know if the Bagster seats are better/worse/on par with them? They look pretty similar. I've read posts of folk's who've bought these, but everything I've read has been "I've just bought it and it rawks" and we all know how you start to notice things after the initial novelty of something new wears off. Just wondering what people think of these seats.

Checked Bagster site. Very similar but they have no pricing at all. I would be interested if anyone have an idea of their pricing and location as my GF has a ninja650 to upgrade the seat for...

kananaskis

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a TS saddle 3 weeks ago after putting about 20000 Km on my 04 FZ6 last summer. I took it for a ride last week when we had a single warm day and WOW... No more pinch spots and all-day comfort.
When I got back to the house (5 hours later) I was fine. I did notice that my legs were somewhat fatigued but I attribute that to the first highspeed long day (relatively considering I have been off the girl since November) in months.
Overall I LOVE the seat and craftmanship. Shipping was painfree minus trying to understand what the French Postal Site said about my shipment information when I would check... Haha
GREAT SEATS!!! plus you can pick one up for about 380 shipped to your door from France if you get one of their models that is already in stock. Buy the base and avoid the headache of trying to ship yours to France.
Cheers

AutoXer

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to hijack this thread, but for you folks who have the TS seat, I'm wondering - the sculpted seat looks like it'd be really comfortable for the rider, but how about for the passenger - as comfortable as stock, or less or more comfortable? Thanks to all ...

tymensen

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the gel insert in my seat, but not for the passenger (don't ride 2 up very often). I would highly recommend the gel. Not too soft at all, just pure comfort!

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
sometimes i slide my butt (and my body) around the seat while doing some street riding. (i'm not hanging off on the street.)

how easy is it to slide your butt around on the ts seat?
does the gel make it harder to reposition your body for a turn?
if i were to take this seat to the track, how would it do?

:confused:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
sometimes i slide my butt (and my body) around the seat while doing some street riding. (i'm not hanging off on the street.)

Just did a 6 hour ride on the weekend on my TS seat. You can move around on it pretty good, but it is 'grippier' than the stock seat. It would also depend on the type of material you select for your seat.

I would not recommend using a TS seat for a track day. It has a much deeper 'dish' to it and you sit 'into it' a lot more than the stock seat.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Just did a 6 hour ride on the weekend on my TS seat. You can move around on it pretty good, but it is 'grippier' than the stock seat. It would also depend on the type of material you select for your seat.

I would not recommend using a TS seat for a track day. It has a much deeper 'dish' to it and you sit 'into it' a lot more than the stock seat.
here's what ts says about the different materials.

The various references basically correspond to variations in color and material texture, i.e. various looks.

Some colors are more suited to certain motorcycle models than others (motorcycles which, obviously, match the material color ;-)) and so this is mentioned in the seat design module ("Material suitable for your model" in the "Colors and materials" section of the seat design module).

As for the range of blacks that constitute the basic color for any motorcycle/scooter seat, our favourite material is the SEL003 that features in all our basic price offers for the "deluxe seats" and the "designer style seat covers".
The SEL003 is a dense black with a fine grain and excellent non-slip properties that are much better than the vast majority of original seat covers of various motorcycle/scooter makes.
This material has proven itself time and again in our products (more than 15 years' worth of experience and hindsight) and is therefore a a safe bet.

If you are looking for non-slip properties that are even better than those of the SEL003, we recommend the black SEL065 reference; note however that the latter has a different look since it is similar to "suede". This extreme non-slip property does have its downside though: the material gets dirty a little more easily.

The black SEL085 reference, which also has great natural non-slip properties, is another alternative to the two other references mentioned above and has a "velvety" look. Note that in spite of what its look might suggest, this "velvety" material is perfectly waterproof, as are, incidentally, all our other materials.

To obtain a look that is as similar as possible to that of the original seat covers of various motorcycle/scooter makes, our simple seat cover features the black SEL047 reference in its basic price offer. It's a material that is not as non-slip or attractive as our basic SEL003 reference.

Finally, let us state that the material references SEL106, SEL107, SEL108, SEL109, SEL110, SEL111, SEL112 that give seats a nice aesthetic look, making them resemble a part of the metal bodywork, are consequently slippery and suitable for use on certain decorative parts of the seat, such as the "front strip", or the "strips", for example, but should be avoided in the central seating area, except for the rear seat of the type 3 deluxe seat, which is specifically designed to look like a seat cowl.
We would nonetheless like to remind you to take this factor into consideration should a pillion passenger ride on a seat made from such a material.

I think SEL047 is the way to go since it seems to be the closest to the stock seat material. Does that seem right?

Last edited:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to hijack this thread, but for you folks who have the TS seat, I'm wondering - the sculpted seat looks like it'd be really comfortable for the rider, but how about for the passenger - as comfortable as stock, or less or more comfortable? Thanks to all ...

I ride a fair bit with my Fiance in the pillion position. Got my TS saddle with gel in both seats, and she absolutely loves hers. She says she sits up a bit higher, and that she slides around a lot less as well.

So is gel a good or bad thing in this case, I've heard that it can make a seat to soft!

Gel is a great thing IMHO. I have gel in both seats (rider and pillion) and can ride all day (I now have 1700 kms on this saddle).

Fairly easy to reposition, but the saddle is not 'slick' like the OEM saddle.
The gel is comfortable. I have not noticed any differences in being able to 'set-up' for turns.
Can't answer the track question, as I have never gone to one...