Turn signal mirrors.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for a set of OEM installable integrated turn signal mirrors. I don't want to have to modify the fairing (drilling a second mounting hole), and I would like a clean, stock look. Has anyone seen/tried these? The website states that they fit all FZ6's, so this must be a generic photo, as our stock mirrors mount using only one bolt.

yamaha-r6-r1-yzf600-led-mirrors-signals-built-in.jpg

HGFireHazard

Reaction score
Visit site
My mirrors mount with two bolts. I just removed them last week so I know this to be true.

As for your question, I don't know about this particular mirror. Perhaps you could link the site so we could give you more info?

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As stated, stock mirrors mount with 2 bolts. Someone on here definitely managed to install a set of these. I remember seeing a picture. He said visibility wasn't quite as good as with stock mirrors. Otherwise it looked pretty good.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have these on mine. the look is awesome. the quality is horrible. I am on my second pair. I have to tighten the screws weekly. Even with a dab of threadlocker they still find thier way loose...

23663_1180126678055_1674810171_348983_6792743_n.jpg

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have these on mine. the look is awesome. the quality is horrible. I am on my second pair. I have to tighten the screws weekly. Even with a dab of threadlocker they still find thier way loose...

Thanks! They do look awesome, but I have heard from a number of people that their view angle is garbage, and that they don't stay tight. I was looking at Puig yesterday, and they have a set that supposedly fits the FZ. Will have to check them out.

Q1 Back Mirror - Back mirrors (Mirrors tuning) For the bike model Yamaha FZ6 2005 | Puig

lookImg.php

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site

I ordered and installed a pair of these also.....On my first ride, I pulled on the right side mirror to adjust it a bit and the mirror casing cracked. Half the casing fell off about 10 minutes later. They look good on the FZ6 but the quality is just plain terrible. I got the "carbon fiber" look, which also looked cheap and nasty.
I've gone back to the stock mirrors, but am looking at installing GSXR mirrors, which also incorporate a flasher lens.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the bar mounted version of these, and the others are right, they are pretty horrible. The signals are extremely hard to see during the day (nearly impossible if the bike is facing the sun) and the mirrors just feel poorly made from cheap plastic.

In hindsight I wish I had gotten better quality turn signal mirrors, even if they would be much more expensive.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If the image shows actual mirrors, those are bar mounted.. those will work well on naked bikes, but not on faired versions.

Back to square one again :( Is there a set of "bolt on, wire up" aftermarket turn signal mirrors for the FZ6? Or are we stuck with hard to mod (ie. GSXR mirror mod); or cheaply made parts (like the subject mirrors)???

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfe,

I agree that these mirror look good, but don't work well. They never stayed tight for me either, and the right signal quit working after two weeks. Don't waste your money.

Jcrawford,

Please, use that search function. Mirrors and tires are two hot topics that have been beaten to death...

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfe,

I agree that these mirror look good, but don't work well. They never stayed tight for me either, and the right signal quit working after two weeks. Don't waste your money.

Yeah, I decided to buy a set of OEM mirrors from a member on here, and will try modding them with LED's myself. I don't mind their look, and don't seem to have the blind spot (looking at my arms) issues that other FZ6 riders seem to have. Will post pics when I finish the mod... :thumbup:

Wizegeye87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfe, I tried those that you first posted and like others said, they look good but the are terrible as they do not stay in place, returned them right away. I currently am using these:
Parts Unlimited Universal Mirrors with LED - DennisKirk.com

I liked them, but they are smaller and tougher to look behind. I was looking to upgrade to something like this Emgo Black Oval Rectangular Mirror - DennisKirk.com but needed to see if anyone has had any experience with this before. Hope this helps if you are still looking at mirrors with turn signals.