vision's FZ6 streetfighter

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
15579930686_aa4d9011d1_h.jpg

Q? That 4 into 1 collector, where did it come from and does it slip onto the OEM header, or is that an R6 header or ????

Any info about where it came from could be helpful. Tks

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Q? That 4 into 1 collector, where did it come from and does it slip onto the OEM header, or is that an R6 header or ????

Any info about where it came from could be helpful. Tks

R6 titanium race headers.. i dont know the brand unfortunately :( they have some cool bends, i'll snap a pic next time i work on the fizzie

EDIT: pretty sure its an akrapovic now that I'm looking up pics
Yamaha-YZF-R6-Akrapovic-Exhaust-S-Y6RFT7TL-ZT-1.png

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Any more progress on the build? I might be able to start working on mine soon, so I'm excited to see how yours turns out.

sorry everyone! real life got back in the way so the build is on hold for a bit. in other news im saving some money for parts at least

Naked Stella

Reaction score
Visit site
got a rough layout of all the electronics under the seat. gonna try to make a plate/bracket this weekend.. not set on rfid with all the bad things people have been saying, so i think i'm going to try and tuck the ignition under the seat too... it cant stick out the side like i planned because i'm worried about my leg hitting it

15473948329_5dbdfce469_h.jpg

will be a pain in the ass to get to the key, but at least it looks good. again, this isn't my daily.

Probably a good idea to put the ignition here. I just bought a 07 FZ6 and the ignition is in the space between frame arms on the right side. My leg does bump it every now and again at stop lights. It does bother me, but I don't have the know how to put it somewhere else. It's not super in the way, but it can be depending on how you sit and how big your knee is.

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys! been a long time with this project sitting stagnant in my garage, lots of issues with the build and i didn't posses the knowledge, money or time to fix them back then... good news is i cleared my garage out and started to pick up the pieces last week!

not to mention i've been completely distracted with my daily instead! heres a pick of her:
30246390760_0d6856b211_h.jpg

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
new battery arrived. ballistic 8 cell, have one in my r1 and its been great. also gives me a spot to put my power commander
30954616675_0698eba81c_b.jpg

old one for comparison
22776078008_ae1d0d49aa_b.jpg

made a shelf for the power commander
30837896462_7b4702ce85_b.jpg

foam to fill the rest of the gap. will probably cut room here later for a speedo healer
30837898582_3d5e8beacc_b.jpg

notched out a spot for the terminal with my dremel
25318605619_f70c3745af_b.jpg

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
the fz6 steering stem is a little short, so i thin down the upper triple a bit.

45mm forstner
31030111605_87ec583706_h.jpg

30728103820_1bf25fb2f2_h.jpg

now the riser bolts just barely hit the frame clamp bolts :doh:

31030111615_9dcf435e95_h.jpg

i can probably grind down the end of the bolts a little.. but its only at full lock (without the tank on). I think steering bump stops will solve this problem, and i had a cool idea for how to do them

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks very nice.
I've never thought of grinding upper triple tree while doing R6R fork mod. Good idea. I can think of doing this later.
How deep did you grind it? It looks like 1-2mm, is it?

30728103820_1bf25fb2f2_h.jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

I've put some jb weld epoxy to the upper triple to make it more solid.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

Last edited:

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks very nice.
I've never thought of grinding upper triple tree while doing R6R fork mod. Good idea. I can think of doing this later.
How deep did you grind it? It looks like 1-2mm, is it?

I've put some jb weld epoxy to the upper triple to make it more solid.

I took off about 1mm. If it was to do it again I would take it from the top, it wouldn't push the triple down towards the frame. But I was too lazy to take everything apart last night lol.

--

About the JB weld, do you think it actually does anything? My thoughts are no, but I'm no engineer... If it needed more strength (which I dont think it does) the proper way would be machine out some larger holes and weld in a solid sleeve. Overkill probably. Your triple looks good tho! I would ditch the ignition it seems so bulky up front

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode it 10k km for 2 years without any grinding of the upper triple by the way. R6 triple tree's short stem has enough teeth. But grinding it a bit can make it more solid. Grinding it from top is another good idea.

I am not an engineer too, but i guess it can take care of horizantal forces that handlebar applies. Also handlebar clamp bolts washers had more space with the epoxy fill. (May be)

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode it 10k km for 2 years without any grinding of the upper triple by the way. R6 triple tree's short stem has enough teeth. But grinding it a bit can make it more solid. Grinding it from top is another good idea.
I am not an engineer too, but i guess it can take care of horizantal forces that handlebar applies. Also handlebar clamp bolts washers had more space with the epoxy fill. (May be)

I agree, probably plenty of grip on the steering nut already... I mainly wanted it to look better, peace of mind :) I'm waiting for a new nut to arrive in the mail, but if I need to machine more metal out it will be from the top.