Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Jacknife91

Rubber Otaku
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you get to feeling better, I've been down a few times and I know the whole bit. Haven't had quite the injuries you have. Only had a fractured wrist, road rash and a broken ankle. It looked like there was a spill on the road?

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So happy you're still here and all better now "Mr. Lucky"! :hug:
and it's a small miracle no one else hit that patch of goo...whatever the he!! it was.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting the video. :thumbup: My hope is that everyone on the forum will be just a bit more careful after watching it. Not everyone can count on being as lucky as you!

I hope to ride with you again sometime in the future. I'll even take the lead this time. I'm told the view from behind me isn't all that bad even when I'm going a little slow...:ban:

See you soon? :iconbeer:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Wow, you took one heck of a tumble, how the H***did you not go over the railing??? In one frame it looked like you were heading for the abyss, good thing you bounced back to the road:thumbup:

Glad to see you are almost back to normal and look forward to seeing you out and riding in the near future:thumbup::D

Jerry

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're ok and didn't go over the guard rail and down the hill.

One question: Where you getting off the seat or were you sitting in the middle and just leaning it over? (secondary to that after you hit it did you try and brake or just lean the bike back over?)

BTW I hate slick crap in the road.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
It looked like there was a spill on the road?

Not quite sure. It's been there for years and I've gone down Montezuma faster than that particular time, but I hit it just right... there is a groove in the middle of it as well and I think my front tire caught it perfectly this time...

Thanks for posting the video. :thumbup: My hope is that everyone on the forum will be just a bit more careful after watching it. Not everyone can count on being as lucky as you!

I hope to ride with you again sometime in the future. I'll even take the lead this time. I'm told the view from behind me isn't all that bad even when I'm going a little slow...:ban:

See you soon? :iconbeer:

Thanks for everything again!!! :thumbup: One day, I'll ride again... one day.

Wow, you took one heck of a tumble, how the H***did you not go over the railing??? In one frame it looked like you were heading for the abyss, good thing you bounced back to the road:thumbup:

Glad to see you are almost back to normal and look forward to seeing you out and riding in the near future:thumbup::D

Jerry

Miss you Jerry!!!!! :rockon: Thanks for everything to you too brother.

One question: Where you getting off the seat or were you sitting in the middle and just leaning it over? (secondary to that after you hit it did you try and brake or just lean the bike back over?

My ass was half way off the seat like it always is (when the ride is spirited). When I hit the patch I tried to get it back and probably modulated the front a bit, but I had no time... at the speed I was going at, I did not have the appropriate skill to save it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great video David but I hate seeing my friend get hurt! :(

Good thing is your healing!

We've all hit that patch for years and pretty fast at that. That day the air temp was like 103 and that stuff is like tar snake material. I watched video of you, Cal irider and I hit that patch in a video I did in December of 2009. There is an indent there and that material was hot and soft that day(day of the incident).

Soon Brother! Soon! :)

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
TS FTW! :Flip::Flip: That sh$t is EVIL in the wrong place!

Your body went through one H$ll of a bunch of gyrations there - Glad you're tough and getting well! Here's to a complete recovery and I thank you for sharing. Hopefully we all gain something from this.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Contour Roam 2 (it still works 100%, even in the swimming pool I tried last wkd):

image_198.jpg

:rockon:

Asta

Reaction score
Visit site
Little off topic. Contour is very good camera... I have Contour+2 with gps and works really good. Its shame that company kaput....

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. He took that fall like a champ. If I tumbled like that, I probably wouldn't land sitting up and if I did, I would have layed in the road and prayed for a semi to hit me instead of heading for the guard rail.

For some reason, I have a weird urge to buy full racing leathers....

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome video minus the fact that you got injured so bad. Glad to hear you are healing and are much better now!
Thanks for sharing all the details through out the threads...
(And I should be more active on the forum, its such great group of people!)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very well done and informative video David. :thumbup: it was very hard for me to watch and see you crash all over again. Your recovery has been nothing short of miraculous considering the extent of your injuries. :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was very painful for me to watch. I am really glad you had such great friends near you when this happened! :thumbup:

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
I will agree with Erci... Difficult to watch knowing it was a fellow forum member at the helm. Amazing that the camera managed to catch so much. Thanks for the editing. The slow-mo part is intense.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better as well.:thumbup: