Wed 7/24/13 SoCool Ride with Jen

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was kinda shocked on that Rally ride up over Hood. Never seen so many female riders in one place. 2 were on motards, 1 a cruiser, and 1 sport bike, 1 dual sport, 2 rode pillion. Dual sport girl was crazy as batsh$t.... < she was pretty damn funny too!

Your kind are out there J, you just need to keep looking!

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neal is going to join us at Santa Ysabel for the loop. The weather is supposed to be nice in the mountains on Wed (no TStorms in forecast).

I'm confirming the meet up time as 9:30am at the Mobil. Should be a great ride. :cheer:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Neal is going to join us at Santa Ysabel for the loop. The weather is supposed to be nice in the mountains on Wed (no TStorms in forecast).

I'm confirming the meet up time as 9:30am at the Mobil. Should be a great ride. :cheer:

I'm thinking of taking the back way to the mobile meet up. 79 to 76. Slabbing is boring and wastes my tires.
Should I meet with you in Ramona?
Great that Neal is booking up with us!
Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Slabbing, I agee. There should be some kind of rule (unwritten?) that more than 500 miles slab per month is excessive. The whole Interstate 5 freeway from LA to Sacramento should be labled as "Drab Slab" and be avoided by sport motorcyclists. Cliff, you're right, it's a waste of rubber/tires to slab'em off. Slab is for Harleys and other cruisers, not sport bikes! Cops should be on the lookout for sportbikes doing slab, maybe let them off with a warning!

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of taking the back way to the mobile meet up. 79 to 76. Slabbing is boring and wastes my tires.
Should I meet with you in Ramona?
Great that Neal is booking up with us!

Sounds like a great plan. What time does that mean we should leave Ramona. 8 or 8:30? At the Chevron by the mexican place? :thumbup:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site

Where is this at? What time are you thinking of going Moto? I want to ride but i cant ride all day, i hope to be home about 4-5pm.

Also i dont think my leathers fit anymore, been slacking on the workout plan......So i have riding jeans with knee pads, and a mesh/leather jacket.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where is this at? What time are you thinking of going Moto? I want to ride but i cant ride all day, i hope to be home about 4-5pm.

Also i dont think my leathers fit anymore, been slacking on the workout plan......So i have riding jeans with knee pads, and a mesh/leather jacket.

Okay, I think this is the schedule roughly (Motogiro, correct me if I am wrong):
  • 8:00 - Jen & Motogiro meet at Chevron in Ramona drive to...
  • 9:30 - meet up with Jerry, +2 others at the Mobil station, 76 & 15
  • ride to south grade Palomar up, east grade down and on to Santa Ysabel to...
  • 11:00ish - meet Neal in Santa Ysabel at the Pie Shop (snack?)
  • ride to Julian, out 79 around Cuyamaca, through Pine Valley, back Sunrise Hwy to Julian
  • Lunch in Julian
  • back to Santa Ysabel for end of official ride route. Peeps can go home best route from there.

I don't know where you live, but you can always peel off at Pine Valley to hit Hwy 8 back to SD. The only "hard core" part of this ride is Mt. Palomar, but everyone will be riding their own pace. The rest is twisty, but gently so. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

You and I can leave no later than 7:15-7:30 am from the Shell station near the 15 on Mira Mesa Blvd. in Mira Mesa. If we're a little late it should be okay cuz we'll be out pretty early and you'll easily be home in time.:)

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
You and I can leave no later than 7:15-7:30 am from the Shell station near the 15 on Mira Mesa Blvd. in Mira Mesa. If we're a little late it should be okay cuz we'll be out pretty early and you'll easily be home in time.:)
That sounds like a plan!! I will see if i can put these leathers on

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds like a plan!! I will see if i can put these leathers on

Just put the leathers on before you go to sleep and by morning they'll fit. Actually I think they might shrink a little if you don't wear them for a while. Put em on tonight for a while!

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We're done with the loop and havin' pie. More pics and vids to come.

medugaga.jpg

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I just caught glimps of the wild Cliff on the 67. So rare to catch a wild Hoon in its natural habitat. I believe it waved at me.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A beautiful day for a ride. We had a few new faces today, and new bikes to ooh and ahh over. Things you might want to know about our ride in typical Verharen report format:
  • Chomorro's leathers fit and it was great to have him join us through to Pine Valley.
  • JetMechanic (non-forum guest of the day) got to have some serious fun on his BMW. We let him do recon and scout out the road ahead. I think Jerry & Motogiro kept up with him for a few stretches, but I took my sweet time.
  • Palomar Mtn has some SERIOUS curves. And a little sand just to make sure you're paying attention.
  • Photo stop at Lake Henshaw put us a bit behind schedule, but I knew I couldn't disappoint some of you who depend on tradition.
  • Met Neal and rode to Julian for lunch at the Rongbranch.
  • We let speed set the line up for the ride around the loop.
  • A short rest at Laguna Mtn Market then back to the Julian Pie Shop...
Unfortunately, the only FZ on our ride was on Jerry's t-shirt. But we sure had some purdy bikes there!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great ride report! :thumbup:

I'll be riding that BMW on Monday on the track (well.. not that exact one, but same model). Looking forward to it :D

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
A great ride as usual, always look forward to our rides:D:thumbup::thumbup:
A few pics, the group shot at the over look is out of focus because the camera thought the deck was the subject:spank:
And one pic is just for you Lefty:BLAA:

Jerry

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Great ride report! :thumbup:

I'll be riding that BMW on Monday on the track (well.. not that exact one, but same model). Looking forward to it :D

Well "that bike" had an ohlins steering damper, removed catalytic with aftermarket pipe, and carbon fiber wheels.

Yes, I was impressed.

Last edited:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Carbon fiber wheels. Oooohhhh. That brings me back to teenage years when I'd be at mountain bike Races and I would be slobbering over Spin wheels. Anyone know of those. I have to get said wheels out of my head now that I'm an adult, and can go buy them. Didn't read that. Didn't happen...