Wed 7/24/13 SoCool Ride with Jen

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What day is it? HUMP DAY! :BLAA:

I've chosen my favorite route for a mid-week getaway. Meet up is at 76 & I15 Mobil station. Time will be 9:30 CONFIRMED.

Map here

Who can join me? I'll write a note for your boss if needed...

Verharen - Suzuki GSXR600
Motogiro - Suzuki SV1000S
Jblk9695 - Triumph Tiger 800
JetMechanic - BMW 1000RR
Neal - Yamaha FZ6? for the loop
chomorro - 06 Suzuki SV1000S

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard that the Idyllwild area is going up in flames.

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

I was supposed to enjoy the beautiful new pavement to Idyllwild on a ride tomorrow with a gsxr group. The ride has been moved to hwy 74 from Hemet to the coast.

I'm glad we took Motojoe122 when he was in town because the landscape will never again be quite the same.

Prayers for the fire fighters and people who live in that area.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG Palomar road!!.. SO many curves (where's the drool smiley?!)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it's pretty bad.

I was supposed to enjoy the beautiful new pavement to Idyllwild on a ride tomorrow with a gsxr group. The ride has been moved to hwy 74 from Hemet to the coast.

I'm glad we took Motojoe122 when he was in town because the landscape will never again be quite the same.

Prayers for the fire fighters and people who live in that area.

Hopefully the fire doesn't reach much of Idyllwild. It's in that area as of the last news I read and the town has been evacuated for safety. I'm sure we'll see it remnants on our next ride there but hopefully this fire doesn't do too much damage. :)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, I'm so in. Wait a minute....I'm 450 miles away! Doh! :banghead:

Well, I'm there in spirit anyway, have a great mid-week ride. :rockon:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
If I wasn't so paranoid and weird about someone other than me taking care of my building, I would take the day off. Bbbbuuuuuttt , I just can't... I think I have control issues. Now make this a Saturday ride!!!!

Have the fun as you always do. Ride safely my friends. Sucks about Idawilled. I realy hope that great pine smell sticks around.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you believe I'm the only girl AGAIN? I think they were disappointed I'm old comparatively speaking of course.

mytuhede.jpg

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you believe I'm the only girl AGAIN? I think they were disappointed I'm old comparatively speaking of course.

mytuhede.jpg

How come girls don't ride? Didn't it used to be that way with car racing, university attendance, political office, certain employment categories, car mechanics, military, etc.? Not that many ride unless pillion. Then you come along...

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

mytuhede.jpg

Old?!! :rof::rof::rof::rof:

How come girls don't ride? Didn't it used to be that way with car racing, university attendance, political office, certain employment categories, car mechanics, military, etc.? Not that many ride unless pillion. Then you come along...

And Mrs. Lefty rides... :rockon: That makes two that I know of. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We rode 74 toward Idyllwild after all, just didn't go all the way. An even dozen of us. We went up and down on the fresh pavement for a couple hours, then to Hemet for a BBQ. I think it kinda freaked them out that I kept up with them all just fine, and did it without sticking my knee out. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't really say much about my riding, but talked a lot about what they saw each other do.

Speaking as a female rider it's hard to be "the only taco at a sausage fest." I can't say why more women aren't riders, but I can tell you it is VERY tough to find a group to ride with when you are a lady. It is rare that I don't feel like an outsider. I just can't do that macho swagger in the same way you guys do when you hit the sweet spot on a ride. :rolleyes:

My SoCal Hoons are exceptional in that I really feel welcome and equal in the group. :D But even on that first ride when sandctrev's friend went wide on a corner, I stayed back because men's egos can be fragile sometimes and I didn't know if my presence made him feel more embarrassed.

Now that I'm home and looking back on the day, I rode better than ever before but feel more left out than usual. Maybe that's the difference between riding with people, and riding with friends. :hug: I'm looking forward to Wednesday.

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I swear all your guys rides look like 2 or 3 rides for me.

I would be down to do half of it though, Like from Santa Ysabel to the Sunrise loop.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I swear all your guys rides look like 2 or 3 rides for me.

I would be down to do half of it though, Like from Santa Ysabel to the Sunrise loop.

We can do this! Right now, I expect we will reach Santa Ysabel at 10:30/11 - the pie shop is a great place to meet!!

I'm thinking we'll probably have lunch when we come back through Julian after the loop.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking as a female rider it's hard to be "the only taco at a sausage fest." I can't say why more women aren't riders, but I can tell you it is VERY tough to find a group to ride with when you are a lady.

Since you're already an educator by profession, you should consider becoming a rider coach. It's very important to have female RC's. Back in Las Vegas where I use to teach, we had two regular women RC's who were often paired with each other. LOL....one is an ex LAPD motorpatrol officer, and you don't find very many of them. And the other RC was only 5-2" tall, and rode a BMW GS 650. They really gave the women students a lot of confidence while making the men feel like they were little boys.