Welcome to Vegas Krid & Lone

In eugene leaving very soon when my clothes get out of dryer.

Holy ****.

More info when I get home.

John, when are you coming to St Louis?

We were supposed to leave today from my dads house in Baxter Springs, KS, but my sister had a headache so we have decided to go to Mountain View, AR tomorrow and visit relatives coming back on Sunday or Monday, then off to St. Louis on either Monday or Tuesday.

We were supposed to leave today from my dads house in Baxter Springs, KS, but my sister had a headache so we have decided to go to Mountain View, AR tomorrow and visit relatives coming back on Sunday or Monday, then off to St. Louis on either Monday or Tuesday.

Oh, poo. I won't get to meet you. I will be out of town starting Friday. I hope you have a great visit! :thumbup:

I'm off on Sunday and Monday (almost all motorcycle shops are closed here on Sunday and Monday). I'd be glad to drive up to the Lou to meet up with you. Heck if the weather is going to be 88* like they predict, I might even get back on the bike that day. I haven't been able to look it in the eye since running it at around 7,000-9,000 rpm's for 10 days straight. Especially the 815 mile (15 hour) last day.

I'm hoping to get a chance to post up all (or perhaps most) of my pics this weekend.

Finally! I spread my last two rides way too far. Currently in Bozeman Mt . All I had time was to eat, ride and sleep. I cut today's ride by not going to Glacier Nat'l Park since the weather was so crappy and I just wanted to get to my hotel before midnite for a change.

Had some down time in Portland so I could get a new set of tires put on my bike. My last set of 2Ct's got me 18,000 miles. I'll post the pics of the tire and exact mileage in another thread in the tire forum.

Thanks to Pro Caliber Motorsports in Vancouver Wa, got myself a fresh set of Pilot Power 2CT's "Pures" and new rear brake pads, my stock lasted me almost 47,000 miles.
P1000855.jpg

Took a 150 mile test spin around the Mt. Hood Loop. Multnomah Falls along the Columbia River Gorge outside of Portland.
P1000859.jpg

Timberline Lodge ontop of Mt. Hood Oregon. Famous building from the old movie "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson.
P1000863.jpg

Mt. Hood as usual, it seems like a dark cloud has hovered over me ever since I got to California. Too bad you can't see the entire mountain.
P1000873.jpg

Rolled out of Portland at 0700 with another forum member: Mark AKA 'MXGOLF" on our way up to Cape Disapointment along the Oregon/Washington Coast border, where the mouth of the Columbia River meets the mighty Pacific Ocean.
P1000875.jpg

Sometimes I lead, sometimes I follow.
P1000880.jpg

Notice the two blue bikes: 2006 & 2007.
P1000879.jpg

Cape Disapointment Washington.
P1000891.jpg

P1000888.jpg

Last edited:
Old WWII Bunker ontop of Cape Disapointment. Here's MXGOLF playing around, I warned Mark not to go in!
P1000889.jpg

This is where I left him after I closed and locked the door. That's the last I saw him.
P1000890.jpg

So on my way up and around the Olympic Peninsula going up the Washington coast. Big mistake, the weather was crappy. Cloudy, misty & COLD! Oh, and the mileage became an issue. I should have taken a direct route to Vancouver so I could hook up with Dennis (Admin) and Mike (Onetrack).
P1000895.jpg

After hunderds of miles, finally sunshine. Crescent lake ontop of the Olympic Peninsula.

P1000903.jpg

So the plan was to take the Ferry from Port Townsend Washington over to Whitney Island so that I can bypass going back down the Puget Sound and back up through Seattle. It would save me at least 100 miles. Caught the very last ferry for the evening. I was not the only rider, I met Mike who had a KTM 990 who is an extreme Adventure Rider. We talked the whole way.

P1000905.jpg

First ferry ride for my Fizzer. Glad the bike had some company.
P1000909.jpg

P1000907.jpg

The Puget Sound.

P1000912.jpg

P1000910.jpg

Border crossing at 2330, running very late. Didn't arrive into Richmond/Vancouver until midnite. Total miles 550 today, plus the sites.

P1000926.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd290/swaghound/P1000889.jpg

Kenny, I'm sorry that I suggested to trip around the peninsula. I bet if you were to do it again, like this weekend, it would have been better.

I wish I could have gone on the trip with you up to Mt. Hood. I drove a lot of miles in my bus that day lol.

The weather forecast for the next 2 weeks in the BC interior is for sunshine and temps from 25 degC (75 degF) in Vancouver to 35 degC (100 degF) in the BC Interior.:cool:
The ride from Vancouver to Whistler will be on the S2S (Sea To Sky) highway, which was completely reshaped and repaved for the recent winter olympics that were held here this year...it's a beautiful stretch of road. The ride from Whistler to Kamloops will probably be on the Duffy Lake road, which is a favourite road that's included in many group rides here in BC.
I'm hoping to meet up with Vegas when he's passing through Vancouver.:thumbup:
:canada:

Rolled out of Richmond at 0700 knowing that I have really stretched this ride out to Calgary as very challenging for the amount of miles to cover and sites to see. The ride up Highway 99 up to Whistler was Awsome! Beautiful and I hauled ass up the highway. Stopped once to take a picture.
P1000933.jpg

After burning up about an hour up at Whistler Village, I continued up 99 towards Kamloops. Great road for the most part with lots of tight turns and plenty of hair pins too. Very limited spots to pass the cagers, pretty much resorted to do all the passing over the double yellows. I worked so hard to pass all the vehicles that I didn't want to let it go to waste by stopping to take pictures. But I would try to get enough of a lead that I could stop n go without them catching up. I made the trip to Kamloops in 3 hrs flat from Whistler. I kicked Ass!

P1000936.jpg

P1000946.jpg

P1000947.jpg

P1000937.jpg

Here's a picture where I should have crashed, I double backed to take the picture, after I changed my underwear. Zipping at 60 mph I see a sign that said rocks. No big deal, but the sign should have said: Pavement Ends! I go into this gravel part and see a hair pin turn coming up. Thank God for muscle memory to use both brakes, as an immediate use of the front brake probably would have lost it. For a moment I thought I wasn't going to slow down before the gravely hair pin turn, but I managed just in time.

P1000945.jpg

About an hour past Kamloops, I hit one of the weirdest storms. 70mph winds, blowing branches off the trees onto the highway, and then the pouring down rain. All the towns lost power so no fuel. It was cold & wet the rest of the way. I no longer was enjoying my ride. I stopped waving to the oncoming motorcyclist.

So much for Mike's (Onetrack) Accuweather forecast:spank:

My goal was to make it to Lake Louise near Banff Canada before sunset. I made it. Once again, the same cloud that has been following me since California. It was freezing!

P1000957.jpg

P1000949.jpg

Wish I could say this was my hotel, but NOT!

P1000953.jpg

The highway down to Banff was just incredible. I definately will be back, but next time I will be staying at least a couple of days to take it all in.

P1000958.jpg

P1000960.jpg

Once again, I wish I could say that the hotel in the background was mine, but NOT!

P1000962.jpg

The town of Banff, pretty cool. I will be back.

P1000965.jpg

I got to my hotel in Calgary at 2330. Total miles for this day, 750 miles plus all the sites.

I guess Lone is a day behind me covering a lot of the same roads.

Now I'm off to Yellowstone and Jackson Wyoming, then Salt Lake city and then Vegas. One shot. Wonder how many miles this is going to be?

VEGASRIDER said:
So much for Mike's (Onetrack) Accuweather forecast
:D

My world ends at Kamloops....All bets were off once you started gaining altitude heading towards the Rockies....:p
As an aside, the Province of British Columbia is HUGE....it's larger in land mass than the states of Washington, Oregon and California combined.
Glad to hear you made it ok, Ken....many a veteran motorcylist has come to grief on our BC Interior roads.
JOOC, did you carry a bucket and sponge with you? Your bike always looks like it's just been detailed, no matter where you are.

JOOC, did you carry a bucket and sponge with you? Your bike always looks like it's just been detailed, no matter where you are.

I was just thinking that the other night haha

Would love to do what you guys are doing some day!! Envy or jelousy just isnt in it!!

Great pics man :thumbup:

Ride safe

home

sleep now

gong show the past week

will post more when i get all the pictures together

Last edited:
Back