What a summer!

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a crazy great summer this has been! Been so busy, I don't even know when my last post was.... Three things have dominated my time and all have happy endings:

1. After 18 months, about 20 surgeries, going from 170 lbs to 120, my dad is well on the road to recovery from esophageal cancer. It's amazing what modern medicine can do these days.

2. The house we've been having built is finished tomorrow. I'm moving back out of the city into the burbs for a while. Reason: see #3...

3. Got married this past weekend! My new wife is Hindu so we had 2 ceremonies, Hindu and western. It was a full day that started at about 4am and ended at midnight after an after-party at a swanky downtown hotel.

Somehow I've still ridden about 5000 miles this season. Still lots of packing to do today for the move on Saturday. Maybe Sunday we can take a deep breath!

Couple pics (courtesy of larkydozer who posts a bit on SBN, our pro photographer)...

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Tom on your wedding and new house. :thumbup:
And that's awesome news about your dad. Reading your post and seeing your pics was a great way to start my day, thanks. :D

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Tom, Great news on all! Glad to hear your dad is doing well. Congtarulations to you and the Mrs. and enjoy the new house, looks great.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I was expecting a weather thread - that's all great news, congrats to you, your wife, your dad, and whoever else is involved!