Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I primarily wear a HJC R-PHA 10 MC1:
v4h2.png

I really like this one :) But I'm desperately searching for this super nice Bell Star Carbon RSD Black Beauty :drool:

My girlfriend wears a Scorpion EXO400 Ann:
n6k2r.jpg

A very nice helmet and the only one we could find that would fit snuggly on her head (almost had to go to the kids corner :BLAA:)

Grtz,

Degake

Tried on the HJC RPHA10 today and I fell in love with this helmet. The peripheral vision was the best I've experienced. The helmet seems narrower and it's nice and light at 3.3 lbs. HJC is stepping up! :rockon:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried on the HJC RPHA10 today and I fell in love with this helmet. The peripheral vision was the best I've experienced. The helmet seems narrower and it's nice and light at 3.3 lbs. HJC is stepping up! :rockon:

+1 I tryed on a HJC RPHA10 this week, and I thought it was a very nice lid.:rockon: I would put it with the Bell RS-1, and the Shoei Quest level.:thumbup:

Roark

Reaction score
Visit site
0.48924000+1322641457.jpg

R-PHA 10 here as well. It's nice and light and fits the shape of my head really well.
The top vents can be a bit difficult to adjust with thick gloves, but during the winter glove season you really don't need to fiddle with them anyway.
Some people have complained that it's noisy, but I guess they're comparing it to a much heavier and more expensive Schuberth or something. I ride without earplugs and I haven't found the noise in any way disturbing.

I'm happy with the FOV I get from the R-PHA 10, but if you want even more the new "plus" model is out now and features a slightly taller visor and improved vent controls. Myself I'd probably still go for the "old" model, as they're currently being sold at a large discount in order to make room for the "plus" model.

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a AGV K3 Matt Black, great helmet!
agv_k3_matt-black.jpg

And I also have this nitro hellrazer, not as good as the AGV but its a good everyday helmet.

NITRO%20HELLRAZOR.jpg

146_1010_06_z+nitro+hellrazor_helmet.jpg

ACME_Rocket

Reaction score
Visit site
When I am looking for a helmet the first thing I look at is safety
I look for a mix of color that will stand out however like generic color that looks good with any bike
Silver white and black is a good mix
I also stick to tried and true quality racing manufactures that have been making helmets for years have a hard time trusting my life to new manufactures and entry levels like HJC that cut cost everywhere
Shoei and Arai are the best however the prices are a little high Suomy is the best bang for your buck however they can only be found online
I would say forget about how it looks go for the best price for a good helmet
I bought a close out sale
Old graphic pattern is a good idea just think safety if only in your helmet

viewer.jsp

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
When I am looking for a helmet the first thing I look at is safety
I look for a mix of color that will stand out however like generic color that looks good with any bike
Silver white and black is a good mix
I also stick to tried and true quality racing manufactures that have been making helmets for years have a hard time trusting my life to new manufactures and entry levels like HJC that cut cost everywhere
Shoei and Arai are the best however the prices are a little high Suomy is the best bang for your buck however they can only be found online
I would say forget about how it looks go for the best price for a good helmet
I bought a close out sale
Old graphic pattern is a good idea just think safety if only in your helmet

Suomy_Apex_Cool_silver1.jpg
I fixed your image for you..,

Totally agree with you. My last helmet was a matte black patterned HJC. The fit wasn't right, it wasn't very visable (although I placed reflective strips on the back and sides), and it wasn't the best quality (constant problems with the base plates). So I got the white shoei qwest that is better for my style of riding, is easier to see, and should hopefully have quality constuction that lasts a long time. Plus I got it on a closeout for only 250 bucks.

Last edited:

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is mine. I love it. I almost love it more than the bike. Before I bought it all the comments were about how ugly it was. No one bought this and it went on closeout for a great price. Now it's all thumbs up from other drivers, waves, kids love me, I leave it on in grocery stores and get comments almost every stop, gets looks all day long, caught a few people taking a picture of me while riding, You can see people turning around in their cars to look cause someone mentioned it to the passengers, I just love it. One person online had called it "Pussy repellant" and I must say if your personality is up there a really crazy helmet will get you all kind of attention, if that's your thing.

Oh and I've been pulled over twice, yeah. Last time it was a Monday morning at 8:30 in heavy Seattle traffic, I was like WTF you can't find someone else doing something wrong out here you feel you need to pull me over because I have horns? I asked him for a warning to put in a picture frame. Get bent piggy that's why you guys have a bad rep. There is a cop by my house that waves to me all the time though when he see's me. Good times.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is mine. I love it. I almost love it more than the bike. Before I bought it all the comments were about how ugly it was. No one bought this and it went on closeout for a great price. Now it's all thumbs up from other drivers, waves, kids love me, I leave it on in grocery stores and get comments almost every stop, gets looks all day long, caught a few people taking a picture of me while riding, You can see people turning around in their cars to look cause someone mentioned it to the passengers, I just love it. One person online had called it "Pussy repellant" and I must say if your personality is up there a really crazy helmet will get you all kind of attention, if that's your thing.

Oh and I've been pulled over twice, yeah. Last time it was a Monday morning at 8:30 in heavy Seattle traffic, I was like WTF you can't find someone else doing something wrong out here you feel you need to pull me over because I have horns? I asked him for a warning to put in a picture frame. Get bent piggy that's why you guys have a bad rep. There is a cop by my house that waves to me all the time though when he see's me. Good times.

That helmet scares CATS away?

F

fazergal

Re: What is your helmet colour?

AGV K4 girly White and baby blue - Good fit if you have an Italian shape head!

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Blue for me. More visible than black or something, without being obscenely loud like hi-viz. Yeah, I know, hi-viz all the way, sue me. :p

Currently an EXO1000, but probably getting swapped for a Bell soon if I get a good tax return. Life's too short for a cheapo helmet.