What is your mileage

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
May be my search skills suck - could not find topic about the mileage.
What is your average? Your riding style (aggresive, relaxed, etc)? Highway/city?

I did not have a chance to test mine yet but when riding back from the seller - still has 1 or 2 bars left from full tank after 291KM, mostly highway.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
took a decent trip a few weeks ago, about 3000km worth, cruising secondary
highways at around 90 kph for the most part and started looking for gas at
about 300, perfect timing, bike needs gas and my rear end needs a break

edit, that last bar is a brief one

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I would say that I *average* 17.6 KM/L - which would be 278 KM to bingo fuel. I ride mainly back roads at a relaxed pace.

With that said, I find that in the spring and fall I ussually get about 16.3 KM/L to 16.8 KM/L and in the summer it is more in the range of 17.7 KM/L to 19 KM/L.

My last tank was 280 KM on 15 L of fuel...

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Taking it easy I usually get right around 50 - 52 mpg. Piloting the rocket I have gotten as little as 36 mpg. I honestly think if I really babied it I could get 60 mpg.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice - I like it more and more! On my 1st bike ('90 GS500E) I was lucky to get 200-210 out of full tank.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
My rear sprocket has been changed to smaller, so i am going faster than the speedo says, and going further than the odo says.

When i fill up, i always check the litres, which usually comes to around 15 litres. IE i still have just over 4 litres in my reserve and pipes etc.

That usually gets me around a clock distance of 280km, bearing in mind that number should be a touch higher. Even before the sprocket change, i got just over 20km/L as an average.

This includes a mix of slow riding at about 40km/h and high speed.

:thumbup:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I empty the tank from full in just over 100 miles.

( this is totally scientific,as the new hospital That's coming under my wing is 102 miles away and when i ride there and back after filling to the brim,I'm running on vapour) :thumbup:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I just took a three day, 1095 mile trip. Averaged 53.6 mpg for the whole trip, with a high over two partial tanks of over 57 mpg. I am a fairly relaxed rider.

I empty the tank from full in just over 100 miles.

( this is totally scientific,as the new hospital That's coming under my wing is 102 miles away and when i ride there and back after filling to the brim,I'm running on vapour) :thumbup:

Okay, once and for all, do my British friends use miles or kilometers? I thought the whole freaking world except the USA switched over to the SI system.

I am so confused.:confused:

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Europe switched to SI (Metric) but the UK is still not fully part of that,
still use miles for roads and still hanging onto their own currency (lb Stirling)
they are an island in more than just geography, really the only place I'd
bother to visit over there (ready to get raked for that one :D)

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
It's MILES here in the UK, but our petrol (gasoline) is sold in litres. :rolleyes:

Also don't forget that there are
IMPERIAL GALLONS and US GALLONS so when we are quoting MPG we should be showing MPG(IMP) or MPG(US)

1 US GALLON = 3.79 litres whereas
1 IMP GALLON = 4.55 litres

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Great - from what I hear I should be a happy camper on long trips this summer. Last year I was slow down (somewhat) for the whole group as I needed to fill up quite often. And probably my fear of empty tanks added to it but not much. As soon as fuel in tank goes just a bit below 1/2 - I am starting to get really nervous, car or bike :)

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
I am constantly checking mpg. At 60/65 mph I'm consistently 50 mpg. Just an aside....Last week I almost had an "ah ****" moment when I forgot to fuel up before heading for home. Gas stations are few and far between here. I put 35 miles on the bike in the F-trip (reserve) mode. Still had some fuel left. That was an eye opener.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I have gotten a high of 52MPG(US) and a low of 34MPG(US). I average about 42-43MPG(US). I have gone about 40 miles on reserve and still had about a half gallon in the tank, so I wouldn't ge nervous around the halfway mark. I usually start looking for fuel when the F-Trip starts.

Skrapiron

Mr. Know-It-All
Reaction score
Visit site
I average between 47 and 54mpg, it just depends on how brisk I am with the throttle. If I really baby it and keep the engine to between 4000 and 5000rpm, I see low to mid 50mpg on a regular basis.

It's nice knowing my bike gets better fuel economy that a Prius.... And cost about 1/5th as much!!! The smiles per gallon, though are immeasurable! :rockon: