What would you change about your FZ6?

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
Sort of sacrilege to imply that there is anything needing to be changed, but it is always fun to talk about our bikes.

If I had the extra change to put into it, the main thing I would do to my bike is SS break lines, and to pop for a higher end set of front forks.

and you?

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree on the ss break lines, a better fork and rear shock, and I'm guna add ABS breaks, and I wish it had full fairings from the factory like the new fz6r's.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think it's sacrilegious at all! After all, most people here mod their bikes like crazy anyway! ;)

What would I change? Hm...

ABS standard for sure.
If I could say anything... I'd want the Daytona 675 engine in there!
Other than that... I kind of like my lady the way she is. :)

Sinman

Reaction score
Visit site
So far, I had the G2 Throttle tube installed, love it! Much easier to control the throttle open and closing. I'm a new rider and have been a cyclist for decades, so throttle control has been the the most difficult thing to master.
Next up, I am going to get the Killernoodle clutch slave lever mod, and I plan to send my seat to the Spencer guy in FLA, I'm short, so that will make a difference.
I would also like some kind of luggage/bag system and maybe a taller windshield. I love the naked look, but am planning to do some light touring with my wife, "queen of the cruisers".

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
aside from the modding side of things, i have a short list:

the seat should have had a slight upslope in the front to prevent sliding into the tank, which would keep your backside planted on the wider part of the seat.

the inside of the front cowling/fairing is a little bland, dont get me wrong the instrument panel works very efficiently and i like it but it leaves too much dead space.

the plate over the handlebars, prevents mounting in that area (GPS's and such)

Under the seat there is no good place for storage of papers (registration and other important documents that need to be kept on the bike)

Oh and a 5-valve Genesis head woulda been pretty frakkin sweet too:BLAA:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Hydraulic clutch and smoother throttle.

Also it would be nice if the bike came with a helmet lock so I wouldn't have to lock mine to the bike with bicycle lock when I park it somewhere besides my garage.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Two piece seat like the fz8/fz1 with a helmet lock and more storage underneath. I like the look of the s2 speedo, headlights and windscreen but I prefer the s1's side pieces on the upper fairing. Full fairings wouldn't be a bad idea either. Fz1 bars on the fz6 as a stock option would be great

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Without getting into things that people readily mod or items that would change the bike's utility knife purpose, I'd like taller upper gears. That is:

Slightly higher 4th, little bigger 5th, and a much bigger 6th. There wouldn't be a real performance hit, but highway cruising at 5k instead of 6k and change would be sweet.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Without getting into things that people readily mod or items that would change the bike's utility knife purpose, I'd like taller upper gears. That is:

Slightly higher 4th, little bigger 5th, and a much bigger 6th. There wouldn't be a real performance hit, but highway cruising at 5k instead of 6k and change would be sweet.

have you tried a 17t front sprocket i recently had one installed and it deffo helps on the longer runs in 6th gear. It does loose some bottom end but makes up for it in the mid range and crusing side

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
1. A clutch that doesn't require Kung Fu grip to operate
2. A bit more torque in the usable rpm range of off idle to 6k

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
More leg room. That's it.
Maybe sum day I'll get a custom seat that's level. (As opposed to sloping down in front.) That would give more leg room, make the seat more comfortable, and take weight off the bars. :thumbup:
I think the seat is the biggest flaw on the bike; why slope so much?

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
total my Fz6 and upgrade to an fz1, then do the euro naked conversion, stainless steel braided lines,fz8 mirrors, fender eliminator, led taillight and signals, gp style black stainless pipe (final mod waiting to buy)

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
well for sure i d like to upgrade the seat and the suspension, and the s2 subframe which has a helmet lock and the detachable footpegs, they look cooler than the fixed items on the s1

a decent set of exhausts wouldnt hurt either

braided lines are waiting to be installed

maybe experiment a bit with front sprockets to see if i should remain stock, or 1 upper. i still find the bikes overrevs with stock gearing.

i have already changed the calipers to r6 blue dot ones and the 07 blue fender with black forks, but kept the 06 upper fairing, i like it better as the fairing is larger overall

i have a set of r6 cams waiting to be installed but that will be only when the valve sync is due.