What would you change about your FZ6?

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
well for sure i d like to upgrade the seat and the suspension, and the s2 subframe which has a helmet lock and the detachable footpegs, they look cooler than the fixed items on the s1

a decent set of exhausts wouldnt hurt either

braided lines are waiting to be installed

maybe experiment a bit with front sprockets to see if i should remain stock, or 1 upper. i still find the bikes overrevs with stock gearing.

i have already changed the calipers to r6 blue dot ones and the 07 blue fender with black forks, but kept the 06 upper fairing, i like it better as the fairing is larger overall

i have a set of r6 cams waiting to be installed but that will be only when the valve sync is due.

I will swap the sub frames some day when I find a cheap s2 assembly. And as for exhaust, it's amazing how much I like looking at my bike more now that it has the two bros aluminum cans

Daniel_Aus

Reaction score
Visit site
I would remove some of the slack between 1st and 2nd gear. Does anyone else find it difficult to make a smooth change there?

I would give it a bit more torque down low.

Add a centre stand (I have the FZ6N).

Honestly, the colour (this is something I may actually do one day). I have the dark grey anthracite model. I really like the look of the white with a stripe down the tank.

Other than that I like this bike more and more. I don't know why it has so many bad reviews.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Sell it for an S3 :BLAA:

wait I already got the S3 :Flip:

I still love my fizzer though, she's gotten me to hell and back. I'd go with a slightly stiffer front suspension, but not too much, cause I have a lot of bumps on my ride to work. Maybe a little more top end to play around with.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Sell it for an S3 :BLAA:

wait I already got the S3 :Flip:

I still love my fizzer though, she's gotten me to hell and back. I'd go with a slightly stiffer front suspension, but not too much, cause I have a lot of bumps on my ride to work. Maybe a little more top end to play around with.

Top end?!? I'd go for more low end! haha. Though you have the S3... so that has your low end needs taken care of, eh?

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish there were options for my 06 to have extended mirrors. I don't think they exist though. I'm actually planning on removing them and using bar end mirrors instead. I also wish there was a better option for the rear shock. There are upgrades, but they are rather expensive. Fork springs should be an easy upgrade to do. Everything else I've already changed or will change soon.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Higher seating position + less tight knee angle. Almost the only reason I'm considering upgrading my bike is the cramped leg position (I'm 182cm). I wouldn't mind a tad more power on the lower rpm range either....

And more adjustability to the suspension!

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Daniel , bad reviews I haven't read one yet it would be interesting to read what the crits are panning

every rider/ writer that has passed comment has said the non adjustable front end could be better but just about all reviews have said what a great bike it can be almost anything you want it to be
my mods have been for visual aesthetics or the kn clutch mod that I installed long after getting used to that do or die wicked clutch that I had grown to really like coz its dyno-mite for a fast take off
but overall I would still love this beast as a stocker
if you have copies of reviews I' d like to read them and see others views
cheers
adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

gypsycat

Reaction score
Visit site
Own a FZ6n and I have to say I hate the front headlight.

I wish it were a different design, not sure what tbh, but I hate the stock one.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Top end?!? I'd go for more low end! haha. Though you have the S3... so that has your low end needs taken care of, eh?

Forgot to mention that...she still runs out of breath ~110/120 though:ban:.

I haven't ridden the S3 yet, I just bought it actually..fkn snow. I'm going to have a chub until I do though. Actually, that might never go away.:rockon:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I would give it the ability to fly so I didn't have to sit in traffic. I would also like to have a special cannon that would re-position cars kinda like a portal gun so when I see someone with the head tilt (talking on a phone, or texting) I can zap them then re-position their car on the side of the road. :BLAA:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I would give it a bit more torque down low.

I don't understand how people think the FZ6 feels like it lacks torque.

Maybe it's because I weigh only 140 lbs or maybe it's because my daily driver car is a 1.5 liter Honda civic that has ZERO torque but to me the FZ6 feels plenty torque down low as long as you are above 4K rpms but this engine was not designed to run below that effectively.

Even when I swap back and forth between riding my FZ6 and my 1635CC Victory beast the FZ6 still feels plenty torquey for it's size and weight. :rockon:

Grodd70

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like a full naked version offered in America. Stainless steel brake lines and eliminating the minimal amount of silver on the bike. I have a 07, and Yamaha did a blacked out engine, wheels, ect but then the bars triple trees and clamps are silver just doesn't seem to flow...

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand how people think the FZ6 feels like it lacks torque.

Maybe it's because I weigh only 140 lbs or maybe it's because my daily driver car is a 1.5 liter Honda civic that has ZERO torque but to me the FZ6 feels plenty torque down low as long as you are above 4K rpms but this engine was not designed to run below that effectively.

Even when I swap back and forth between riding my FZ6 and my 1635CC Victory beast the FZ6 still feels plenty torquey for it's size and weight. :rockon:

The only reason I can see is if you compare it to an FZ1 or Speed Triple, 2 of which I've been lucky enough to ride. Compared to the FZ6, those have WAY more torque at lower rpm's. But that is comparing liter plus against a 600.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
The only reason I can see is if you compare it to an FZ1 or Speed Triple, 2 of which I've been lucky enough to ride. Compared to the FZ6, those have WAY more torque at lower rpm's. But that is comparing liter plus against a 600.

Exactly why I bought the S3. like you said, it's apples to oranges. IMO, the FZ6 is damn near perfect for what it is and what it is meant for. I will never take the triumph on crappy roads, or out in inclement weather when I can avoid it. The fazer I've taken on dirt roads, muddy roads, and rode in all kinds of crap. The supple suspension is great for my work commute, there are a lot of potholes and cracks and bumps in the road.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
After installing Hel brake lines, tall windscreen, helmet lock (cuz the 06 didn't come with one), a top saddlery seat (after trying a corbin) top case rack and 48l top case I believe my next mod will be a different bike.

The FZ6 has been a fantastic bike but I'm trying to make it into a long distance sport tourer which, from my point of view, it will never be. It does do most things quite well, though and that's why I love it!

A buddy of mine thinks the best bike is......3 bikes....all of which do a couple of different things very well. I tend to agree with him.