What Would YOU Do?

miztigerszou52

Reaction score
Visit site
It seems like every time somebody in a rush tries to and/or suceeds in pulling out in front of me, I take the first opportunity to turn around and follow them to give them a piece of my mind. Just wondering if anyone else does this, or do you just take it in stride and keep on rolling?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It seems like every time somebody in a rush tries to and/or suceeds in pulling out in front of me, I take the first opportunity to turn around and follow them to give them a piece of my mind. Just wondering if anyone else does this, or do you just take it in stride and keep on rolling?

I take it in stride and keep on rolling. I'm not going to change everyone's crappy driving habits. The only thing I can do is keep my eyes open, avoid badness, and get home safe to my family.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If someone pulls out in front of me usually I repeatedly flash my brights and if they are close enough use the horn. In the car, especially at night, I have gotten people to pull over and I just drive by since I am not trying to be a LEO, just an annoyance.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if it's a complete act of lunacy and they show no remorse after....i have been known to take out a mirror!

but normally they just get a mouthful, or i just ride off, depends on how my day has been!

:eek:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to get mad and still do in the car but not any more on the bike. I read an article by ex MotoGP racer Niall Mackenzie on the subject of red mist. Basically he said that if you got mad at someone your focus, concentration and ability to judge a situation was reduced. I now try to rise above it.

Mind you my smashed car door mirror count stands at 3 after the d!ckheads cut me up badly. Oh, and very bruised knuckles when I forgot I was wearing some gloves without knuckle protectors

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to get mad and still do in the car but not any more on the bike. I read an article by ex MotoGP racer Niall Mackenzie on the subject of red mist. Basically he said that if you got mad at someone your focus, concentration and ability to judge a situation was reduced. I now try to rise above it.

Mind you my smashed car door mirror count stands at 3 after the d!ckheads cut me up badly. Oh, and very bruised knuckles when I forgot I was wearing some gloves without knuckle protectors

lol! how funny....we should have a broken mirror tally!

Remember that you are on a motorcycle. A car will always win.

Check your head before you lose it.

Gotta catch me first!

:spank::rockon::D

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding for 25 years...same stuff as always; cagers just don't see you..PERIOD!

Get used to it and learn to take it in stride.

As others have said in this thread, you are playing with your life when you decide to take on a car when you are riding.

Don't do it, it will end badly for you one of these days.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk here, but I would hate find out that one of you was seriously hurt by a cager that you antagonized because they cut you off.

Enjoy your time on the bike. (safely):Flash:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Get behind them and at the 1st opportunity you get line your left or right boot up with thier left or right mirror :D :thumbup:....Bet you they think twice next time...

W

wrightme43

some are asshats but most people are just stupid. You cant fix stupid.

Stupid killed a rider here on friday. Lady wanted to beat a big truck. She barely did, it cost a rider his life. She got a failure to yield ticket. I think thats 56$ plus court costs, and she will have to pay her deductable. The guys wife and kids???? Well they dont have a dad or a husband.

Be careful, there are enough things to kill us, with out adding our emotions into the mix. I still get mad too, I try to remember to let it go. I need to remember it, we all do. Just let it go.

Then again, stupid freaking cagers.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Bill, just accept the fact they don't see you, remember they are texting, applying makeup, shaving, eating. Thay have alot going on, they can't be watching the road. I just try to get away from the cages as quickly as possible. I like to think I invented road rage, in general I have a very quick temper, but on the bike, I don't.

niben001

Reaction score
Visit site
the smallest car will kill you, even if your right and they are wrong. I think provoking drivers is asking for injury. But if they are on the way into a parking lot...;)

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's best to try and keep your cool. Getting too upset could just end up putting you in more danger since you will no longer be focused on all the other drivers/dangers out on the road. Now, if it's deemed safe at the time I do agree with honking or flashing your lights to let them know in hopes they will try not to make the same mistake again.

As for those of you who like to cause damage. :spank: I believe this only make it worse for us other bikers...not better. Yes, it may make you feel better at the time. But, that same cager may now purposely take out revenge on the next biker they come upon!

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding for 25 years...same stuff as always; cagers just don't see you..PERIOD!

Get used to it and learn to take it in stride.

As others have said in this thread, you are playing with your life when you decide to take on a car when you are riding.

Don't do it, it will end badly for you one of these days.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk here, but I would hate find out that one of you was seriously hurt by a cager that you antagonized because they cut you off.

Enjoy your time on the bike. (safely):Flash:

I totally agree here. I have been riding now for only two years, not as close as your 25 years but, last with in my first year of riding some ahole cut me off really bad almost taking me out, and I got so mad that I pulled up next to him and stated to curse and flipped a bird at him and what he did then shocked and scared the crap out me. He tried to literally run me over the road. I did not react quickly enough who knows what would happen. After that day I just do my own ride and no matter what we do we will always loose going against any car. Drivers here in NJ are retards.
As always ride safe out there all.

S

sm00thpapa

Just yesterday I was on I-95 in the middle lane and there was a car tailgating a bike in the right lane. I got pissed when I saw that so when we all stopped I gave the cager a peice of my mind on behalf of the biker. The biker turned to me and said thank you and I let him get in front of me.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com

You turn around and FOLLOW them?

You are going to get yourself shot. And it will be self defense on their part.

I'll use a rude gesture, but it's combined with enough throttle to get well away from the moron. Chasing somebody down to engage them in an argument is just stupid and suicidal.

Fred

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
Usually I just use a few choice words but the other day I ended up getting off the bike when one parked up and he didn't exactly stick around.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I make sure to hit their car as hard as possible with my bike... that teaches them a good lesson... it's expensive cose you gotta change bikes often, but at least they don't get away with it!