What's YOUR "Honey-Do" list?

Spinal? OUCH! I hope he fully recovers!!!

Now you know why my riding time has been cut to a minimum! :( ;)

I think it is time for an update: I've got most of the garage organized. I finished the bathroom on the first floor and this is the project that ate the last week up! We're working the next couple nights on the baseboard, chair rail and crown molding plus I have to cap off the corner where a wall was removed. This used to be the end of the hall, a closet and a bedroom with a closet within:

Wow that looks good - I love the hardwood floors!

No honey = no to do list
Kids grown = no responsibilities waiting at home
Rent House = landlords problem

MY to do list:

Wait for 5:00 on weekdays
Ride
Anticipate Weekend Ride
Ride some more
Get Vacation time
Long Ride

Life is good! :D

Hey Eric, those floors look great. I'd love to do hardwood through out my townhouse. I have it in the kitchen/den and it's nice.

On a side note. Did you do the BD43 headlight conversion on your bike? I've ordered the cable and it is due in any day, but I'm reluctant to get into the airbox and battery box alone and was looking for maybe some assistance from someone whose already done it. Some people seem to have done it in 1/2 hr no prob. and other seem to have had all kinds of issues and it took 2-3 hours I'd even volunteer a bit of day labor in exchange if an old man ( 55yo) can help. I follow instruction well.

Just a thought.

Steve

My wife does her best to participate in the projects but she has two herniated discs and one eroded disc in her lower back. So I don't let her do much at all. So long as she keeps Brother Sam coming to me, we're good! ;)

It really stinks to have neighbors that are so petty, doesn't it? She's actually OK when she's not drinking but that's rare these days. I feel bad for the hubby because she pushes him to get all these things done then calls him a useless boob in front of neighbors while she's toasted. She actually said to my wife one day "I wish my man was even 5% of the Husband your Eric is!" with the poor guy standing RIGHT THERE! Michele wanted to slap her!

OH! I forgot about two other projects:

I need to expand the new garage by adding a 10'x24' addition on the side facing the woods to move all the lawn, garden and deck furniture into which will also be the winter home for the motorcycles. (Tight squeeze in the garage for the winter as it stands)

Build out the other half of the basement to create a hallway to the guest room, a new laundry room and enclose the utilities in their own unfinished space.

I'm beginning to rethink "Home Ownership" especially after the last tax bill. Property taxes? More like RENT! We're up to $422 a month to cover the tax bill alone. You can NEVER own your property because of this... IT IS RENT! If you do not pay your rent, they take your property so... is it REALLY your property? No! If the government can take it away then it isn't ever yours.

That sucks about your neighbors. Maybe you should try talking to them when they're sober and tell them that you feel the way you do, and you don't want any trouble with them. Maybe they'll straighten up or just leave you alone.

And you're very right about your property. It especially sucks you have to ask permission to do anything with it on top of everything.

Your progress looks great too!

Wow, old thread! Both of our Honey-do lists have been finished. Here are the current ones...

Rob:
- Install Bamboo Flooring that's sitting in the dining room
- get and paint the baby's bureau
- order missing part for screen door and install
- put in air conditioner
- touch-up paint the living room ceiling
- hang my grandfather's painting somewhere

Mine:
- finish making the baby
- two classes left for grad school - pass them!
- get more resumes out for jobs....and hopefully get called for an interview or two
- keep up on day-to-day chores

Ah, now that's better, Rob's is way longer this time!!!

Downside of course is that there is a timeframe on these lists.....gotta be done by the time I graduate, sicne we'll be having two big gatherings shortly after that.

Wow that looks good - I love the hardwood floors!

No honey = no to do list
Kids grown = no responsibilities waiting at home
Rent House = landlords problem

MY to do list:

Wait for 5:00 on weekdays
Ride
Anticipate Weekend Ride
Ride some more
Get Vacation time
Long Ride

Life is good! :D

Ahhh.... the life of a single guy. It can have its advantages! ;)

Hey Eric, those floors look great. I'd love to do hardwood through out my townhouse. I have it in the kitchen/den and it's nice.

On a side note. Did you do the BD43 headlight conversion on your bike? I've ordered the cable and it is due in any day, but I'm reluctant to get into the airbox and battery box alone and was looking for maybe some assistance from someone whose already done it. Some people seem to have done it in 1/2 hr no prob. and other seem to have had all kinds of issues and it took 2-3 hours I'd even volunteer a bit of day labor in exchange if an old man ( 55yo) can help. I follow instruction well.

Just a thought.

Steve

Thanks Steve!

I did not do BD43's conversion but I did do it my own way which only means it isn't as clean as his harness but functions exactly the same. I would be more than happy to help you though it. Would you like to come up to the NH stable and park that mount for an hour? We can take care of it without any trouble. :D I love to work on machines!

Wow, old thread! Both of our Honey-do lists have been finished. Here are the current ones...

Rob:
- Install Bamboo Flooring that's sitting in the dining room
- get and paint the baby's bureau
- order missing part for screen door and install
- put in air conditioner
- touch-up paint the living room ceiling
- hang my grandfather's painting somewhere

Mine:
- finish making the baby
- two classes left for grad school - pass them!
- get more resumes out for jobs....and hopefully get called for an interview or two
- keep up on day-to-day chores

Ah, now that's better, Rob's is way longer this time!!!

Downside of course is that there is a timeframe on these lists.....gotta be done by the time I graduate, sicne we'll be having two big gatherings shortly after that.

I was lazy over the winter but now I'm determined to get all that I can done. :rockon:

Rob's got tinkering to do. You've got the bigger jobs, just less of them!

I need to go grab the original list now and see where I stand!

Last, can you send me in a PM the GPS coordinates to your driveway? ;) I promise to call ahead and will not show up unexpected! :D

Current "Honey-Do" List:
1. Living room remodel - In progress and approaching finished!
2. Hardwood flooring - LR is DONE!!!
3. Front Foyer - Tiling - Materials on hand but need to rip out a short wall (See LR Remodel above)
4. 1st floor Bathroom - marble and new toilet is in! Tub refinished (THANKS! Miracle Method!!!) New fixtures installed and all painted! DONE!!!
5. Kitchen - materials on hand for tiling, need to order new cabinets to install in the "eat-in" corner. After all is done, have new counter top and sink installed.
6. Basement Dry good pantry - Partial materials on hand
7. Outdoor patio/kitchen - Large fricken' hole dug, need gravel dumped and compacted then concrete work completed.
8. Mailbox replacement - DONE!!!
9. Sprinkler system install - DONE!!!
10. Garage organization - 80% complete!!
11. Bike Trailer - DONE!!!
12. Driveway seal coat - bought all the stuff this weekend but need a couple guaranteed good days to seal. Need to park the bikes at the neighbor's place for that time.
13. Stairway - remove carpet and install Oak treads to second floor, tile risers, oak flooring at top landing.
14. Outdoor stairs - Decided we're not redoing these but will tear them off and build a 6'x8' mud room added to the side of the house.
15. Relocate HWBB heater in LR - DONE!!!
16. Door to deck - New living room (used to be son's bedroom) needs a door to deck.
17. MBR Closets - framed and rocked, need to put oak fascia and trim on and build out drawers and entertainment/TV shelves in the center
18. Expand the new garage - adding a 10'x24' addition on the side facing the woods to move all the lawn, garden and deck furniture into which will also be the winter home for the motorcycles. (Tight squeeze in the garage for the winter as it stands)
19. Build out the other half of the basement to create a hallway to the guest room, a new laundry room and enclose the utilities in their own unfinished space.

So... 6 out of 19 finished... Guess I should have been more proactive over the winter! :rolleyes:

Wow FZ6inNH, that looks very nice! Is that a floating laminate floor?

My family does one big project a summer...and this year, we're not doing it, a pool installation company is: a 24' above ground round pool. We have two boys, 8 and 3, and my wife is a stay-at-home-mom, so I'm sure it will get well used over the next few summers.

For myself:
  • Build lean-to awning off shed
  • Build "bridge" to connect deck to back door steps
  • New driveway (probably not be able to afford this year)
  • Build "shelving system" on deck which will someday become a counter/cabinets with an outdoor sink (basically a kitchen on the deck, I love to grill)
  • Install outdoor music system
  • Build long benches for the deck, so big groups of children have a place to sit in wet swimsuits during pool-breaks and eat, or store their sneakers and towels
  • Also need to make some simple woodworking things, like a storage cabinet for the bathroom

I don't know that I'll get all this done this summer, but I can try....

Wow FZ6inNH, that looks very nice! Is that a floating laminate floor?

My family does one big project a summer...and this year, we're not doing it, a pool installation company is: a 24' above ground round pool. We have two boys, 8 and 3, and my wife is a stay-at-home-mom, so I'm sure it will get well used over the next few summers.

For myself:
  • Build lean-to awning off shed
  • Build "bridge" to connect deck to back door steps
  • New driveway (probably not be able to afford this year)
  • Build "shelving system" on deck which will someday become a counter/cabinets with an outdoor sink (basically a kitchen on the deck, I love to grill)
  • Install outdoor music system
  • Build long benches for the deck, so big groups of children have a place to sit in wet swimsuits during pool-breaks and eat, or store their sneakers and towels
  • Also need to make some simple woodworking things, like a storage cabinet for the bathroom

I don't know that I'll get all this done this summer, but I can try....

Thanks! No laminate. This is solid 3/4" red oak from Bruce (Armstrong). It is a pre-finished tongue and groove. Great stuff!

I'd LOVE to have all those cool outdoor items! But, New England winters are brutal and it would destroy a lot of things without cover. Time to find a place to live with better year-round weather! ;D

It's quite a list! Good luck and post pics of progress. :rockon:

Being single, my list consists of:

1. Ride FZ6 as much as possible.
2. Drink beer.
3. Repeat from 1, not at the same time though!

Back