Where's everyone gone?

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Can't remember the last time the UK section of this forum being so dead. Surely I can't be the only Fazer rider left on this section, and if it weren't for other members posting on here sometime there would be no replies at all.

Come on guys where are you all. :wav:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a new joiner still riding in Yorkshire. It's getting cold and wet though, only getting colder and wetter.

Are there many of us about generally?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I'll be coming across for chrimbo, and I'm still riding, does that count ;)

It has been quite quiet of late, even in the european forums :(.

In the past when it was bad weather it actually got busier on the forum, I think people have more time on their hands when they're not riding.

Come on, there must be more guys from the UK active on the forum at the moment.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not many in the Rep of Ireland forum either, I think most people post in the general forums.

Nelly:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Us SoCal Hoons will try to keep you'll wintering types warm this winter with rides here n there. :)

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
London calling, this is London calling!! :D
Still riding, heated gloves retrieved from the back of the wardrobe ready for the pending cold snap and new knobblies ordered for the KTM for the snow thats forecasted for next week!

JasonB

Reaction score
Visit site
Chalk up another one for the West Midlands, although I'm not riding my bike anywhere near as much at the moment.

Working from home has some advantages but it does mean some days I don't even get out the front door.

botty

Reaction score
Visit site
well a big hello

my name is dave I live in Shipley Yorkshire my bike is a 55 naked fazer and I love it to death I have owend a few different bikes in my time from 1200 bandit to a Kawasaki w650 plus a few others makes. but I must admit this is
is the best I have had .and it wont be going any ware till I stop riding
it would be great if I could meet with others and have a ride say the east coast
that's my best place to go Whitby scar filey and many more. I go to squires café barr north Yorkshire a lot about 40 min ride from where I live a right bikers pub.

dave ( botty ):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well a big hello

my name is dave I live in Shipley Yorkshire my bike is a 55 naked fazer and I love it to death I have owend a few different bikes in my time from 1200 bandit to a Kawasaki w650 plus a few others makes. but I must admit this is
it would be great if I could meet with others and have a ride say the east coast
that's my best place to go Whitby scar filey and many more. I go to squires café barr north Yorkshire a lot about 40 min ride from where I live a right bikers pub.

Welcome to the forum, post some pictures of your local rides to get us all motivated to get out there.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well a big hello

Hi there Botty, a big welcome to the forum, great part of the world you're from, my grandparents came from Cottingley, Bingley area. My parents now live in Rothwell (South Leeds) just noticed that Payneib posted up an event around your neck of the woods (Well not a million miles away anyway). Looking forward to seeing your pics:thumbup:

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
well a big hello

I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm on a 56 plate naked, live in Driffield, over in the East Riding. I do 300+ mile a week down to Eggborough and back for work. If you get chance, the Manor Cafe is a good ride out, with great food, and apparently there's a place called The Milkbar nearish to work that's good.

botty

Reaction score
Visit site
hi thanks for that I have some friends that live in Bridlington who I see a couple of times a year nice ride over Stamford bridge and such likes
I used to go to the truck fest at driffield as I am a hgv driver I just love
peterbilt usa trucks. I would love to ride coast to coast on my fazer that would be a challenge and what fun I could have. I have posted a couple of pics of my bike hope you all like

dave ( botty )

paperpirate

Reaction score
Visit site
Another point for yorkshire! just been lurking for a while not posted in forever and was absent for about 6 months. Getting back into the swing of things now everythings settled and I've new job so money to put into hobbies again.

Squires is a good cafe, looking forward to their easter egg run (see you there :thumbup:) and hopefully have the bike naked by then! Hunting last few bits n pieces before it gets done in one go over a weekend!

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
New rider from Bradford here

Passed by Theory two weeks ago and mod1 last week.

Mod2 booked for Tuesday 18th February and here's hoping ill be on my fz6 the following weekend!

I got a fanstastic deal on the bike i couldnt turn down. However, its spurred me on to get it all done!

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
New rider from Bradford here

Passed by Theory two weeks ago and mod1 last week.

Mod2 booked for Tuesday 18th February and here's hoping ill be on my fz6 the following weekend!

I got a fanstastic deal on the bike i couldnt turn down. However, its spurred me on to get it all done!

There's a lot of that going around. The plan WAS, pass my test in October, spend the winter looking at bikes and make an informed decision.

Bought my 56 plate naked in September, with only 9800 mile on the clock for £2k, just to pile the pressure on a bit more for the tests like!

Good luck mate, the fz6 is a top notch bike to get to grips with. What bikes are you using at "bike school"?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still around, but I've not been up to too much.

There was another guy at my work building with a Fazer, but it looks like he's changed offices now.