beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
We don't get too many cool bikes over here. The XJR1300 is one of them.

At least Yamaha put ABS on the XSR700, a feature that has also been sadly absent from US-spec bikes for way too long.

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Really? That sucks millions!

Regarding ABS, around here all new motorcycles with +125cc will need to have ABS starting in 2016. But most of them come with ABS and it isn't optional.

BTW, I hate combined braking like the Honda Deauville had, one of the reasons that took me to the Fazer, I like to control the motorcycle with the front and rear break independently to lean or get it up while turning.

"V"

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I doubt it. There are a lot of bikes and options that don't come over here:

ABS on FZ6
FZ6 Euro top case
Fazer8
XJR1300

And the XSR700, of course.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
We don't get a lot of bikes in the US because there isn't enough money to be made. Most american bikers want the biggest, fastest and loudest so it's liter sport bikes, torquey cruisers and giant touring machines. It's only recently that americans have been interested in smaller more practical bikes and even then they have to make them look like track bike to get people to buy them. And remember there are a lot of American bike owners that buy bikes as a status symbols they buy R1's, Hayabusa's and Harley's spend thousands on mods and maybe ride only a thousand miles a year.

It's starting to change slowly with the popularity of bikes like the Vstrom, Versys, FZ 09 and 07 and the resurgence of cafe bikes.