Yamaha FZ8 comes to America to fill a gap

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha FZ8 was launched in Europe earlier this year primarily to try to steal some sales away from the hugely popular Kawasaki Z750.

More...

good news! found some more info here-http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/09/yamaha-fz8-comes-to-america-to-fill-a-gap/
never mind he beat me to it

Kudos for Yamaha finally bringing the FZ8 to the states, but I prefer the fairing model. Maybe next year. And only 1 color? My next bike is going to be a 750 or 1000. I'll never use all the power a 1000 has so I'm really leaning towards a 750 or 800. I saw a picture of a Honda CBX750 in the September issue ofSuper Streetbike on page 12, I think it's more of an artists rendition of it but it sure looks sweet. So maybe Honda is bringing in a 750 model. It's about time that the Japanese manufacturers filled the gap. Wonder what Kawasaki is doing?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kudos for Yamaha finally bringing the FZ8 to the states, but I prefer the fairing model.

I agree. Since it uses the FZ1 frame and looks essentially just like the FZ1, perhaps the FZ1 fairing will fit. A quick check of stadiumyamaha.com shows that all parts for the fairing for the 2010 model would cost $1016.56. Of course if you were going to buy a new FZ8 and spend $1,000 on the fairing, an FZ1 would only cost another $1,000....

i would like to hear some feedback from some longer term riders (1k miles or more) to see what they have to say about the real world abilities of the fz8

I have not seen any positive bike mag reviews on the FZ8.
Recently I read a comparison against the Z750. The Z750 won, pricing did have something to do with it, also budget suspension was highlighted as a negative on the FZ8.

I think the FZ8 will be a great bike, made in the same mould as the FZ6 (which none of the bike press rated) what a great bike the FZ6 turned out to be.

Nelly

OK! Now Yamaha is talking! Hello speed triple.

This would be closer to the Street Triple (675cc). The FZ1 is intended to compete with the Speed Triple (1050cc).

I'm glad Yamaha is finally bringing the full naked version to the states, it's about time. I'll be heading to the Yamaha dealer to check them out!

Back