Yamaha Stripe Sticker Idea

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I have come up with an idea to incorporate the Retro stripe into the tank and fairing on my FZ6. This is what I whipped up tonight just as a starting point.

View attachment 33600

(the stripe pictured on my bike is a photoshop and will be shaped a little better to the side vent on the fairing before it is done)

So.... what do you think?! :BLAA:
attachment.php

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i like the look of those retro stickers....but i think its a bit too wide on the fairing.. i know you said its gonna look different but as i see right now it looks a bit cluttered on the fairing

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not in love with it. I think it looks better without it.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
If you could do it in Red with white outlining for a 2009 I might be interested. If it was reflective I'd certainly be interested.

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
im mixed. overall, i think it looks good, but sometimes that retro stuff looks wierd on modern bikes.

my suggestion would be to continue the leading (forward) edge to fill up the space in the fairing, instead of beginning so abruptly.

EDIT: nevermind, i just went back and saw where you said you planned on doing that. carry on!

Last edited:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
my suggestion would be to continue the leading (forward) edge to fill up the space in the fairing, instead of beginning so abruptly.

That is the plan..... also, when it comes to real life, it will be a little smaller too. Just a brainstorm right now, but I would like to have something done before Daytona bike week.

I am rebuilding my forks this weekend but hopefully I will have some time to cut some test fit pieces.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
If you could do it in Red with white outlining for a 2009 I might be interested. If it was reflective I'd certainly be interested.

Shouldn't be too hard to modify once. I have everything sized and test fit. Just would load a different sheet of vinyl for a different color.... no biggie.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
love it!
i really like the yammie retro stripe thingy.
maybe flip the stripe so it points forward........i dunno...........
if i still had my fz6 i'd probably want one of these.....

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
i debated the same graphix a little while back. I decided there is not enough plastic on the fz6 to justify graphix. I pulled the factory ones off and i'm a complete solid color now. I've seen these on the fz1 and they work, i just dont think they work on the 6. But hey, your bike stands out.:thumbup: