4 sale

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all bad luck has hit again, 4 weeks before christmas holiday in 5 months half paid for, and no job, yes just got sacked. So anyone know of someone that might be interested in my very low km very well looked after silver fz6. She will be going up for sale, and i thought i would ask you guys first. Also anyone got a good idea what she is worth, around 10 000kms on her.

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Commiserations Aussiejules! Terrible timing also.

I wont patronise you with meaningless sayings, only to say this one patronising, meaningless analogy:
Sometimes life is like riding a bike, you could stuff up a little and put your gloves on before your helmet (You know who you are...), or stuff up a lot and sell your motorcycle. (Unless your trip you're planning is one massive road trip al-la 'Long Way Somewhere')
At the very least, if you do sell the bike, post some commiserative pics 'In Honor of (Insert bike nickname here)'

Seriously - All the best mate and I hope you come flush with the 'pineapples' soon.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the job Jules....bloody hell!

As for the Bike, if my memory serves me correctly, your bike is an 04?

On Bike Point, low kilometre 04, 05 FZ6N's like yours are going for between $6000 & $6500. Higher mileage 04, 05 FZ6N's are selling for $5000 - $5500.

I would put yours near the higher end of the scale, as it has new tyres??? and is in prety much immaculate condition.

:thumbup:

Good luck, and i hope the job situation sorts itself out shortly.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
cheers all cant keep my mouth shut, the job wasnt what i thought it was, the boss is a full stress head, yelling and talking to us all like **** because there is too many cars in the car park. What he told me i would be doing was all bull and i wasnt happy, my demina doesnt have a sit down and shut up position, so i pretty much let it known i wasnt happy, he told me this morning it was because of my work ethic my work quality, my over bearingness, my attitude and personality, so much for being employed as second in charge, when he wouldnt trust me to do anything without telling me i had done it wrong. I was scared to do anything without him oking it first, so made me look useless. So much for past experience of running workshops and training apprentices. Rant rant rant.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap mate:eek:. Sorry to hear this. Hope you get sorted with a new job quickly though. As for selling your bike. Bike point is probably one of the better indicators of what you'll be likely to get.

Here's hoping it's the shortest unemployment in history. I'd hate to hear you mised out on your U.S. holiday too.:(

bazza

I'll sleep when I die!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, Life is to short to put up with crap!!
Sorry to hear about job, but am sure something better will turn up.
Life has a funny way of working out.
Stay positive.

Regards Bazza:thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the bad news mate. I'm sure you'll find some work soon. Unfortunatley, you are not the first forum member to experience a lay off. Just shows that people can lose their jobs no matter what part of the world we live in. Like others have said, hang in there and hope you can hang on to that bike. But again, you can always get another one when things turnaround. Life is strange, it's never easy. There are good times and there are bad times, and we just have to live through the bad and look forward to the good.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing how often the useless douchebags end up in charge, ironically they won't ever make it easy for you either since you could replace them in a heartbeat.
Sounds like you have plenty of experience though, so don't let it get you down!

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Bikepoint and tradingpost online will tell you what the market says your bike is worth.
Be realistic, there are buyers out there for there for the FZ6 as it is a great machine and holds its value.
Check SEEK.com for work bloke and in my case, I would want to make sure you get a good reference.
were you made redundant?
Did you receive the correct entitlements ie 4 weeks pay for each year of service, payment in lieu of notice etc.

I have found that some employers like to withhold the correct payments.
Goodluck.
Rumpole

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cheers all cant keep my mouth shut, the job wasnt what i thought it was, the boss is a full stress head, yelling and talking to us all like **** because there is too many cars in the car park. What he told me i would be doing was all bull and i wasnt happy, my demina doesnt have a sit down and shut up position, so i pretty much let it known i wasnt happy, he told me this morning it was because of my work ethic my work quality, my over bearingness, my attitude and personality, so much for being employed as second in charge, when he wouldnt trust me to do anything without telling me i had done it wrong. I was scared to do anything without him oking it first, so made me look useless. So much for past experience of running workshops and training apprentices. Rant rant rant.

Damn, sorry to hear of the loss Jules.

I was in a similar situation as you before I was laid off. My boss would tell me to do something, countermand what I done, and then give my employees instructions without telling me. I hated that job. The day I was laid off I wasn't surprised at all, in fact I was happy too. A huge weight was off my shoulders. The best part was my old boss and her boss were laid off four months later.

It will turn around, it just doesn't seem like it now. Just try to get through the rage phase as quickly as you can. You'll find something and chances are you'll discover something you never considered before; I went from semi-conductors to government! :eek:

Good luck my friend and hang tough!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Jules, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find something soon, and something you can actually enjoy, too!

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well dont know if im doing the best thing but im doing the short term smart thing, i have accepted a job start monday. I havent yet had a answer on another, which would start at $16 000 more, but what i have said yes to is definate and will pay the bills.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well dont know if im doing the best thing but im doing the short term smart thing, i have accepted a job start monday. I havent yet had a answer on another, which would start at $16 000 more, but what i have said yes to is definate and will pay the bills.

That's just awesome news Julian....when you told me earlier today on the phone....it made my day!

:thumbup: