Acumen DGV Gear + Voltage Indicator - INSTALLED!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
NEW!! Installtaion and pictures on page 3 of this thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/13119-acumen-dgv-gear-voltage-indicator-installed-3.html

I am looking to add an Acumen digital gear indicator to kick off my pre-spring modding, and found that Acumen now makes a combo gear and voltmeter unit!!! - the Acumen DGV.

1196680017_DGV%20Blue_w450_h400.jpg

Acumen Electronics Ltd | Gear Indicators & Shift Lights - DGV Gear Indicators/Voltmeter and Accessories - DGV Gear Indicators & Voltmeters

The Gear indicator comes in Red, Blue and White with the Voltmeter always in Red.

Thanks to JONAC previous and awesome Acumen installation write-up: http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/736-acuman-digi-gear-easy-mod.html I think I will order this bad boy and give it a shot as I was planning on adding both a digital gear indicator and an LED voltmeter. Now I can do both in one shot!!

Last edited:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Acumen DGV Gear + Voltage Indicator

Now this is enticing and the price is right! Nothing like a plug n play gear indicator and voltage combo. Will embed right into the front inner fairing. Price is right since original DiGi costed $110. This is at the same price.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com

^^ Yes...just like every other Acumen gear indicator product.

Some more info:

This particular eBay seller (Singapore) has quoted $20USD for shipping to US and Canada.

From what I can tell and why the price is cheaper is that this one does not include a direct plug and play harness. Now, two things about plug and play harnesses for these:

1. Acumen dosen't currently sell any FZ6 (of any year/model) plug and play harnesses.

2. As per .1, we don't need one and have documented steps on how to wire it in regardless.

From what I can tell, this price is around $50US cheaper becasue it does not come with any specific bike model harness (probably just a generic wiring harness with no connectors). If you search around eBay, others DGVs listed for around $145.00, but are also ALL bike specific (comes with the correct plug and play harness for make/model).

Also, this particular listing shows that you can have/change the colour of the gear indicator to White, Red, blue and even multi colour.

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com

That's one nice piece of wallet-sucking accessory!!
It just made it to my top 5 of "Thing To Get The Fizz"!!

Me too. It will be my first major mod this year. Been wanting a gear indicator for a year now so I was doing some searching when I found this bad boy. I had "LED voltmeter" next on my list, so this kills two birds with one stone AND saves me some money and probably some mod time since it's all in one.

I was originally going to get one of these Kuryakyn gauges that run about $38.00 US.

2007_Kuryakyn_LED_Battery_Gauge.jpg

So for a price just less of just a Gear Indicator, I get both the gear indicator and voltmeter that are very slick looking!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Mate,you will love the gear indicator.I have had one on my bike for about a year ,they should be a standard fitting I reckon.

+1 on a volt meter ,I have been looking for one I like for a while .

EDIT: Just had a look at the ebay link .The item is in Singapore but is cheaper to send it to the US / Canada than it is to Oz !

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site

Boneman,

Have you ordered this yet? Just curious if you are planning on doing this.

Thanks.

-bryan

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com

Emailing Acumen to ask a few more questions as they guy from eBay said it ahs to be 'bike spacific' and they don't list an FZ6. Acumen dosen't list an FZ 6 for the regular DGV gear indicator that we know can be wired int (not direct plug and play, but not a big deal),

So I want to make sure that you can order it with a generic wiring harness that you can use for "any bike".

I will let you know what they say. If all looks good, I will probably purchase one mid/end April.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com

Question to Acumen:

I am looking to purchase the new DGV Voltmeter/DG8 Blue Display Ref. Code: 30114 I have a 2005 Yamaha FZ6. I know you don't list this bike as having a direct Plug & Play model, but I was wondering if I can purchase this unit with a 'standard' wiring harness, that I can then manually wire and splice into the bikes electrics? We've had other FZ6 owners wire in your regular DG8 units even though there is no specific FZ6 plug and play model listed. So if I order a DGV unit, what part number should I order to get a generic one that is not plug and play?

Here is the reply from Acumen:

All DG8 and DGV instruments come with a 1 metre extension lead for those ‘universal’ applications. Just choose the DGV of your colour choice, (go for White, it’s stunning)

David Martin
Acumen Electronics Ltd

So once my wallet has recoverd from the RIZOMA grips & bar ends purchase ($180 CDN shipped), this will be my next purchase and mod!

Last edited: