Anybody lovin the STOCK seat?

Reaction score
Visit site
Call me lucky, but it is completely comfortable here. No issues on the highway
or backroads... Good thing, because spending $400 to fix that issue would suck :spank:

~Dave

The OEM seat suckz big time ... especially on long trips you have to stop at least every hour to get your nutz relaxed.

After a 4 hour trip, I couldn't feel my a$$ at all >:mad:

But 400$ for a new quality seat, is just to much for my wallet :/

The most I have ridden so far in one day is about 350 miles. That was split into two maybe 3 parts and I seemed to be ok at the end of the day. It could be more comfortable, but it works for me.

I have done thousands of kilometres touring with the stock seat...and I gotta say I have never had a complaint! In fact it Is the most comfy seat I have ever had on any of my bikes! Just love it! :thumbup:

I have no problem with the stock seat either. It probably helps that I am a small dude (145 lbs).

I've ridden as much as 10 hours in a day on it with only a little soreness. The key is to change riding position on the seat often and stand up on the pegs anytime it's safe to do so to stretch out a bit.

The OEM seat suckz big time ... especially on long trips you have to stop at least every hour to get your nutz relaxed.

After a 4 hour trip, I couldn't feel my a$$ at all >:mad:

But 400$ for a new quality seat, is just to much for my wallet :/

e re neighbor :thumbup: newer models (mine is 2005) as I notice has a much comfortable seat, mine is killing me big time, hour + and I can't feel my ... nothing:ban:

e re neighbor :thumbup: newer models (mine is 2005) as I notice has a much comfortable seat, mine is killing me big time, hour + and I can't feel my ... nothing:ban:

Hi there neighbor! :thumbup:

That's a good point you mentioned!

The design of the 2007+ seats is slightly different, than our bikes (2005)

Could it be that they are more comfortable than ours?!

Maybe that's the reason why we complain, while the others are happy with their seats?:confused:

No complaints here with stock seat either. Have not ridden more than 200 miles in one day though.

I hated the stock seat after 3 hours all I could think of was getting off the bike. I did notice it was a little different depending on what pants I was wearing.

My Corbin is like heaven last saturday I did 3 hour trip to get lunch. Then a 3.5 hour trip home. Got up on sunday an did another 2 hours. For me that wouldn't have happened with the stock seat.

I know you think the stock seat is the most comfortable but if you haven't done a day in a TC, Corbin or similar you really are missing out.

Of course everyone is different I like the stock handlebars... go figure.

No complaints for me. Even after 275 mile or 7 hour days in the saddle, no problems. I do have a little extra natural padding (read as "fat ass") though.

I've had no complaints with stock. I have done several long trips with no problems. I would like to get an Air Hawk for longer trips for a little more comfort.

Stock seat is awesome. Gone 400+ miles on it in one day and it hurt as much as any surface would hurt after 5-6 hours of sitting.

I have a Corbin...is evil! Slippery,

One of the things I didn't like about stock was that it was soft and grabby. On down hills and braking I would slide forward but my pants wouldn't making for let's say tight situation. The Corbin is also a little taller in the front and shaped like a butt with a nice lip at the back. it is more of a touring design. And they like other makers will custom make it for you.

Just want to add this is just my opinion. I'm sure plenty love the stock seat and may hate a custom seat.

One of the things I didn't like about stock was that it was soft and grabby. On down hills and braking I would slide forward but my pants wouldn't making for let's say tight situation. The Corbin is also a little taller in the front and shaped like a butt with a nice lip at the back. it is more of a touring design. And they like other makers will custom make it for you.

Just want to add this is just my opinion. I'm sure plenty love the stock seat and may hate a custom seat.

I still say corbin are crap! Heavy...OMFG, these things weigh more than Oprah's ego!:D

Ican see the touring angle, but touring normally means pillion for a lot of people, and no pillion would ever like a Corbin....

pillions need grip, so they dont smack into the back of your helmet!

:eek:

I was NOT lovin the stock seat. I replaced it with a TS seat. It is worlds more comfortable. Worth what I paid? ...No, but I'm happy with it all the same.

I probably could have made the stock seat work by wearing biker shorts or other better designed undergarment for riding, but whatever.

My body has loooaaaadddssss of extra padding -- but let me tell you, it doesn't do a thing for keeping me comfortable or keeping me warm, otherwise I might not have a problem with it.

Back