ANyone using this Ebay headlight? Got some questions..

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so how are people doing the wiring? I would really like to make it able to be unplugged if I decide to change it in the future and for working on it purposes(plan on doing a HID install later) I guess I can just take the new light connector off and connect them to the harness but was hoping there was an easier and softer way...hahahaha

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so how are people doing the wiring? I would really like to make it able to be unplugged if I decide to change it in the future and for working on it purposes(plan on doing a HID install later) I guess I can just take the new light connector off and connect them to the harness but was hoping there was an easier and softer way...hahahaha

That unit uses different bulbs/connectors than the stock FZ6, so you're going to have to do some cutting/splicing to get it to work.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can always go with quick connectors for wiring. Just attach same connectors to original harness and you'll be able to switch back very quickly.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same light on my Husky.
They are cheap...That is all I can say about them really,apart from don't ride your bike at night,unless your in a well lit area ;)

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
I only have a permit for now anyway so..not "suppose" to ride at night...and they can't be worse than mine now..all I can see is the tree tops..hahaha...fairiing stay is a "little" tweaked..hahaha...plus I plan on doing a HID install into it anyway..

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after some pondering and more pondering...I have scratched this idea...I only wasted $40 and don't feel like wasting more money on the projector kits and what not to convert this into projectors because the bulbs in this piece are CRAP!! lol...I have pulled the trigger on this instead Dominator Headlight with twin 3.5" assemblies
and going to build a customer fiberglass housing for these lights instead come winter...It would just be way to much work fab something for the "transformer" front end, not to mention, I just set a REAL H3 bulb in the housing and it about melted the plastic to a puddle...I wouldn't recomend this product unless you don't need to drive at night because even though the listing says the bulbs are H3, they are not....light out put is terrible....

So I will post more once I get the new Dual Headlight and how it goes...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent choice! I love mine. The light output is better than stock and they look quite good.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent choice! I love mine. The light output is better than stock and they look quite good.

Are you sure you're using the same light?
As I said in my previous post and ShadowChillaGin found out,they really are terrible :confused:

The stock light on my Husky (which was crap) was twice as bright and as I recall,the so called H3's were actually downlighter bulbs ! :eek:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure you're using the same light?
As I said in my previous post and ShadowChillaGin found out,they really are terrible :confused:

The stock light on my Husky (which was crap) was twice as bright and as I recall,the so called H3's were actually downlighter bulbs ! :eek:

LOL.. my bad. I meant to quote ShadowChillaGin's last post regarding Dominotor Dual headlight. THAT is what I am using. Not the light from first post in this thread.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha! I did wonder :D

The twin dommie set up is cool :thumbup:
Had them on my 750 gixer fighter and they seem kind of timeless.

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
This is as it is now...still got some work to do on it to complete the front..but..yeah

picture.php