Beat this! (Great Aussie biking roads)

Fazrrr Girl

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha, a bit cruel really, but just posting this to wind up anyone not fortunate enough to live in this bikers paradise called Australia :aus: Just got back from a great three-day trip, staying at Beechworth and Lakes Entrance. Day one to Beechworth took in The Black Spur (some serious hairpins through temperate rainforest), and the Mansfield to Whitfield Road, and day three was a long and gusty ride back to Melbourne. However, Day Two was the best riding I've ever done, with the route going through the Alpine National Park (Victorian Alps) which are part of the Great Dividing Range, and which are the winter snowfields. Guess who decided to ride up and down Mt. Buffalo on the one day that they hold an alpine cycling challenge??!? Needed quite a bit of focus what with the cycles coming in both directions, plus cars, on what are pretty tight corners, but was great fun, and I felt like a motorcycle cameraman in the Tour de France :) Further down the road the route climbs and climbs up to Mt. Hotham on unreal successions of carving turns with sheer drops on one side, with helpful signs reading "Keep to right of poles", which I guess come into their own when the place is covered in snow. Anyway, here's a few pictures just to whet your appetite. Oh, and the new bike is absolutely, fantastically brilliant. My only criticism when I first got it was that when changing down several gears I had to keep lifting my foot a bit before it would go down again. A quick adjustment of the 'round thing' (sorry, not very technical) by just one tiny notch made all the difference. Enjoy the photos :) PS. Next trip will be the Snow Mountains! Oh, and forgot to say the great roads you see in the pictures were virtually deserted, and on the weekend of a public holiday, too!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha. Our Northern hemispherian buddies must be grinding their teeth every time we start posting pics at the moment...lol. Love ya work..PMSL:rof:

Sounds like you were hooting through fly fishing central. Did you check out many of the lakes? How's the water levels look? I'm going to be heading over that way for a fish soon I reckon:thumbup:

Bike looks great too:rockon::cheer:

Look forward to more riding stories like that. :D

Cheers
Mike

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I don`t mean to be sexist...so you can get it in the neck like all the guys do FazrrrGirl.

B&&&&&D Ozzies...Bloody hate you lot at this time of the year.

Freezing Bloody cold in Denmark and I cannot recall the last time I saw the sun, just got rid of the flu, holidays are months away, can`t get the bike out.

Am I bitter?????????? Of course I am you convicts...

But the only thing that has made me forgive you is that the bodywork near your bike has brightened my day :Ø)

Steve

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beat this? sure thing!

The roads around Cape Town are totally awesome. Every December I load my Fazer on a trailer and tow it the 1,500 odd km to the coast to be able to ride these roads.

IMG_1833.jpg

STA_1837.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
My only criticism when I first got it was that when changing down several gears I had to keep lifting my foot a bit before it would go down again. A quick adjustment of the 'round thing' (sorry, not very technical) by just one tiny notch made all the difference.

Hi. Please elaborate on the 'round thing' - I've got the same problem.

TKarrade

Software Simian
Reaction score
www.playeralliance.com
Beat this? sure thing!

The roads around Cape Town are totally awesome. Every December I load my Fazer on a trailer and tow it the 1,500 odd km to the coast to be able to ride these roads.
I will have my revenge once it warms up! Right now, we're preparing for a blizzard... so my anger and jealousy will keep me warm. ;)

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics fazrrr, looks like a great trip.

It's ok Steve, you can take solace in the fact that it's almost too hot to ride for the next 3 days :spank: 41 degrees (106 F) predicted for those 3, then down to 39 for the next 4 or 5 days. :rof:

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting the photo's, and telling us about your trip...maybe add some pics to the Great Aussie Roads & Rides thread as well?

Just got home myself from a nice little country run....and am off to where you have just been in the next couple of weeks, on my way to the World Superbikes at Phillip Island...cant wait to ride those roads, especially now that you have reminded me of how good they are!

:rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, very nice, Hellgate! The buildings look very Italianate. When can I come over? :D

Thanks! Any time you wish, we have an open room.

That is the neighborhood next to the restuarant, Villa Montana. Definately has a Mediterranean look to it. Both the resturant and the development are owned by the same guy.

Villa Montaña

hardway

Reaction score
Visit site
Beat this? sure thing!

So beautiful! I can feel the sun shining through teh intrawebz! Thanks Andz, that's awesome!
Beautiful pics of Oz too, I need to travel more!