Best sounding exhaust

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
I've looked through just about every exhaust thread on here and every sound clip I can find on youtube trying to gauge which exhaust sounds the best. Please excuse the vanity of this thread but I won't lie, the sound is almost the only reason I'm interested in dishing out the $$ for a dual muffler set-up for my '07 FZ6. To me, the sound is part of the riding experience. The stock system makes it sound more like a blender than a motorcycle. Of course performance and efficiency gains are always welcome and to be considered, and good quality is essential.

So far, the forum favorite seems to be the Two-Brothers. Sound clips also make this sound like the deepest tone available and I like it. I don't much like the high pitched sounds of the GPR ghost and many of the cheaper options. With this in mind, can anyone recommend an exhaust that they honestly thinks sounds better, having heard them in person? Or should I just stick with the current winner of the 2-bros? A lot of sound gets lost in recordings so I'm primarily posting to seek the advice of those that may have heard many of the popular options in person rather than just in recordings like myself.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously there's no "best", because it's a matter of taste. What sounds great to me may not sound good to you. It would probably be easier to get a clearer answer if you asked for things loud "loudest" or "deepest"..

Having said that, the following 3 are my favorite:

1. 2Bros: Deepest, throatiest sound.
2. Leo Vince: very close to 2Bros, but may not be available anymore?
3. (this is the one I'd go with) Scorpion: excellent sound and the only one with lifetime warranty to original owner and the only one guaranteed to never need repacking.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my Leo Vince pipes, they sounds amazing. It's nice that it comes with the decat pipe.

The only other FZ6 exhaust I'v heard in person is the Scorpion and I think I'd take the Leos over that.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard someone describing the stock exhaust sounding like a sewing machine. LOL.

If your basing your purchase from sound alone, I suggest you meet up with other FZ6 riders who have aftermarket exhausts. I've heard them all from the M4's, LV, Scorps, 2Brothers, to my Remus exhaust. They all have their own unique sounds and loudness. I've been told by other riders that my Remus are loud. I like my Remus because they are unique, not very many FZ6's are equipped with them, and they look good.

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard someone describing the stock exhaust sounding like a sewing machine. LOL.

If your basing your purchase from sound alone, I suggest you meet up with other FZ6 riders who have aftermarket exhausts. I've heard them all from the M4's, LV, Scorps, 2Brothers, to my Remus exhaust. They all have their own unique sounds and loudness. I've been told by other riders that my Remus are loud. I like my Remus because they are unique, not very many FZ6's are equipped with them, and they look good.

Wow! Where did you find the Remus?

I'm plan on purchasing the Leo's, they are readily available from Revzilla and on ebay.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cell phone does this an injustice but i despise static revs with the recorder 2ft from the bike...
Audio of 2bro entering and exiting some S curves. Click for short audio track
PS bike has the P1X tips in and main CAT delete. So add $40 to cost of purchase as w/out the Tips, its obnoxious . This is before the S1 header treatment so it has a sharper cleaner tone now.

FZ6err

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my 08 FZ6 not even a month ago. It has MIVV exhaust. It sounds amazing. Deep, throaty and aggressive. I believe though that I will be putting the stock back on. (My friends think I'm nuts for doing so!) But, I want to sell it so I can buy touring accesories. Touring windscreen, rack and cases and such. It retails for $830 so I figure I'll sell for around 4-500. I will make a video and post it on here before I remove it. I know I'm gonna miss it but when on the bike for a few hundred miles at a time it gets a tad distracting. :Flash:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's rare just to run into another FZ6, much less one with another can on it. ;)
A few of us bought into a group buy of M4's, don't know if anyone else from that buy is still here. The sound is SO much better than the stock cans.
Oddly, with my new bike (a beemer R1200GS) I could care less about the sound; chalk it up to either maturity, or senility. ;)

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my 08 FZ6 not even a month ago. It has MIVV exhaust. It sounds amazing. Deep, throaty and aggressive. I believe though that I will be putting the stock back on. (My friends think I'm nuts for doing so!) But, I want to sell it so I can buy touring accesories. Touring windscreen, rack and cases and such. It retails for $830 so I figure I'll sell for around 4-500. I will make a video and post it on here before I remove it. I know I'm gonna miss it but when on the bike for a few hundred miles at a time it gets a tad distracting. :Flash:

already interested in this. I definitely like the sound of the 2bros a lot but the Mivv is right up there too.

thanks for all the responses, especially that good sound clip of the 2bros. I'm finding that I really like anything with a straight blow through design. all those mufflers you can see through sound sooooo good.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No one has mentioned Laser quads, my personal fave,but very hard to find now :(
49562d1376172411-laser-quad-exhaust-500-a-new-jpg

Last edited:

BWillie

Reaction score
Visit site

Lovely pipes. I imagine due to the oval shape they're not designed to be rotated? I can't help thinking they would look awesome if the embossed 'S' logos on the end caps were the right way up and the tips pointed backwards rather than outwards. Maybe that's just my OCD brain :tard:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd go for the scorpions because of their material, warranty and it doesn't need repacking.

That being said, I'm still running stock because I'm cheap and can't in anyway justify the cost of an aftermarket exhaust for what they charge for them :p

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That being said, I'm still running stock because I'm cheap and can't in anyway justify the cost of an aftermarket exhaust for what they charge for them :p

I agree, I never planned on aftermarket exhaust but I got lucky one afternoon back in Vegas. I found a note on my bike from another FZ6 owner while I was in a grocery store who had just bought the Remus exhaust but wanted to sell it with less than 1000 miles on them because they were too loud. $400 is all he wanted, they were practically brand new. They retailed for over $800 so that's how I got my exhaust.

People can find great deals on exhaust buying used, especially on this forum.

FZ6err

Reaction score
Visit site
already interested in this. I definitely like the sound of the 2bros a lot but the Mivv is right up there too.

thanks for all the responses, especially that good sound clip of the 2bros. I'm finding that I really like anything with a straight blow through design. all those mufflers you can see through sound sooooo good.

My MIVV has the option for db killers but they did not come with the bike. I found who sells them in the U.S. and will provide that info to whoever buys it. I'll try to get a video on here today. I just saw another inmate on here with a touring windscreen for sale and emailing another Fizzer in Tennessee about his racks and cases.:rockon:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lovely pipes. I imagine due to the oval shape they're not designed to be rotated? I can't help thinking they would look awesome if the embossed 'S' logos on the end caps were the right way up and the tips pointed backwards rather than outwards. Maybe that's just my OCD brain :tard:

The ovals, no. I think the round ones can be rotated.

Now these, I bought new, (never heard them, suggested by my local private shop) did have the Scorpion sticker on the side of each pipe (which I removed).

It was about the time Scorpion (12-2010 or so) was changing over to this newer style mufflers VS the older pipe which actually had a pipe sticking out from the can.. I prefer the older version.

I specifically requested the OLDER STYLE but these are what I got. I'm very OCD as well and the "S" logo, never bothered me.

Short of the quads, I'd buy these again....

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

FZ6err

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Best sounding exhaust (MIVV)

So, I'm still unable to load the video on here but Im posting the MIVV exhaust fro sale in the parts for sale forum. Will include all info and I will email the video to whoever may be interested.