Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update on my 6 months post having the dual hids.

One of the best mods, was a challenge to install, the nest of wiring is crazy.

Had some fogging issues on the right side headlight, rainy season sucked here.

My ballast blew last week, so had to replace the one, thought the highbeam hid bulb had gone as well, but it turned out to be the ballast.

Anyone notice the highbeam bulb, isn't a h7 base bulb? Went to place in burnaby, bc, that carries the projector kits as well. They mentioned the bulb in the projector kits isn't a standard bulb, on the h7's. It's like a mini h7 hid based bulb.

Last edited:

CDBE30

Reaction score
Visit site
Out of curiosity, has anyone found a projector setup without the angel eye? I'm looking to upgrade my headlight to HID and I'd prefer to find one that doesn't have the halo.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Out of curiosity, has anyone found a projector setup without the angel eye? I'm looking to upgrade my headlight to HID and I'd prefer to find one that doesn't have the halo.

The Morimoto Mini that some people are using does not have the angel-eye halo:

Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source LLC

There's some confusion as to it being a "drop-in" replacement though (meaning using the existing H4/7 holes). One FZ6 person did it by just grinding off part of the shrouds, but another FZ6 person said there was no way to make it work and ended up constructing custom plates and ditching the reflector assembly.

The info is in a thread either here or over on sb.net. Too many HID threads for me to keep track of. :)

Then again, you can just use the cheap chinese HID projectors and don't hook up power to the halos, which are separate from the main lights.

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also looking into this mod.

I have send the store that sells them some questions about the kits they sell. I love the looks. But i would rather have 6K Hids then 8K. The CCFL color was a option.

And i hope they sell a kit that has both the H4 and one H7. So you dont have to buy two kits.

I'm also wondering about the wire ring of the units. Because normally you have only one low beam. And one High beam. That was one of my questions about there fazer kit. If it would include the items to get dual High and lowbeams.

Else it will be modding some more as described in this thread :)

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I'm also looking into this mod.

I have send the store that sells them some questions about the kits they sell. I love the looks. But i would rather have 6K Hids then 8K. The CCFL color was a option.

And i hope they sell a kit that has both the H4 and one H7. So you dont have to buy two kits.

I'm also wondering about the wire ring of the units. Because normally you have only one low beam. And one High beam. That was one of my questions about there fazer kit. If it would include the items to get dual High and lowbeams.

Else it will be modding some more as described in this thread :)

If I ever do this mod, I too would like 6K HIDs rather than 8K. I would also choose amber CCFL angel eyes if possible.

It would be nice to get an H4 / H7 combo kit, but I don't think that any of the generic Chinese eBay suppliers do it yet. The sportbikelights guys package it this way, but they cost more, and seem to only offer 8K:
SPORTBIKELITES MAKERS OF UNIQUE SPORTBIKE ACCESSORIES <meta name="google-site-verification" content="Ffe6weBF3N0QYmhYNU8UNGM9KALl_BkTiKwarFzAWE0" />

As for dual-high beams, I think that everyone has been doing dual hi/low projectors when they do this mod. I think they are just wiring together the shutter solenoid power wires on both projectors. That's what I plan to do.

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
They told me the kit includes 2x H7 for the FZ6. And that that would fit. What do you guy's think? The H7's will do high and low beam.

For the rest of the information they reffered me to there FAQ. That tells me that the bulbs are 8k. CCFL Blue or White as a option.

The kit costs 200$:

2004-2009 Yamaha FZ6 Projector HID CCFL Halo Eyes Combo- Duel Projector *::*YAMAHA*::*HID Kits*::*Xtreme Discount Cycle

Is this the real deal? if this could fit i'm willing to try. HID's in the normal reflector housing will have a more blinding effect to other road users.

I converted my car with hids but that one had projector lights. (Volvo C30)

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
They told me the kit includes 2x H7 for the FZ6. And that that would fit. What do you guy's think? The H7's will do high and low beam.

For the rest of the information they reffered me to there FAQ. That tells me that the bulbs are 8k. CCFL Blue or White as a option.

The kit costs 200$:

2004-2009 Yamaha FZ6 Projector HID CCFL Halo Eyes Combo- Duel Projector *::*YAMAHA*::*HID Kits*::*Xtreme Discount Cycle

Is this the real deal? if this could fit i'm willing to try. HID's in the normal reflector housing will have a more blinding effect to other road users.

I converted my car with hids but that one had projector lights. (Volvo C30)

The XDcycle kit doesn't sound like it's anything except for a set of the generic chinese eBay projectors like these which are only $145:
H1/H7 Bixenon Projector HID Conversion kit Hi/Lo New - eBay (item 130343282013 end time Jul-07-10 04:30:28 PDT)

Some of the better kits come with a relay and adapter to plug into the H4 headlight socket, but the XDcycle kit and the China key don't seem to have that.

If the projectors they are supplying are indeed both only H7, you will have to modify your headlight housing to make them work. If they are like the eBay ones that I listed, they will fit in both the H4 and H7 holes.

Personally, I do not see any reason to buy the XDcycle kit over the generic eBay kit straight from China....

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
right. This makes it difficult i can ask them if a H4 adapter is included. You are right that it seems to be the same as in the ebay link you posted.

They also said the following in the email conversation:

quote: there is no projector for you like this, we offer the best available

But anyone can say that....
PROJECTOR HID CCFL HALO Eyes Feature:
-Dual HI/LOW function in each projector
-CCFL technology. (Cold Cathod Fluorescent Tubing) built around each projector
-2 color of CCFL to choose from (BLUE or WHITE)
-8000K HID lighting in each projector (Iceber Blue)
-2 superslim digital ballasts, 2 CCFL Projectors and all installation hardware is included
-Stunning look with Projector HID and CCFL Halo Eyes
-A toggle switch that can be mounted almost anywhere so that ccfl Halo can be turned on or off with a flip of the switch, even if the bike is turned off.
-1 year manufacturer limited WARRANTY
-Includes technical support phone number for any installation questions
-This is a bolt on kit, no major modifications needed to install, however professional installation is recommended
-Will turn heads, these are amazing! Be the 1st to get them in your area.

i will send them one more email about the adapters. Lets see whats what.

Owh and what would be a alternative? the topic starter also bought his set from ebay. So i guess they are all the same? and you need to do some modding? They also use the same picture (the one in the first post of this topic).

Last edited:

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
i got a update from the shop:

Quote: it will fit, you get everything that overhauls your headlight internals, 2 H7 is what your bike will be running on, with high and low beam on EACH heqadlight

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
I told them in when i asked the question about the adapter. I clearly said one is H7 and one H4 and the size if the holes will be different. This was there response.

nds876

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the kit from sportbike lites and both projectors are h7. They fit because you have to remove the factory reflectors and install brackets that they supply. I would not recommend this kit as the supplied brackets are flimsy (the lights move a lot when hitting a bump), the installation instructions are horrible, and the 8000k lights are very blue.
Another note is that the style of projector is not the same as in their pictures. They look like this

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I just installed the kit from sportbike lites and both projectors are h7. They fit because you have to remove the factory reflectors and install brackets that they supply. I would not recommend this kit as the supplied brackets are flimsy (the lights move a lot when hitting a bump), the installation instructions are horrible, and the 8000k lights are very blue.
Another note is that the style of projector is not the same as in their pictures. They look like this

I have a very similar story regarding sportbikelites kit for CBR1000RR. In the end my buddy shipped his lights to them to have them fit the projectors because their brackets would not fit due to the size of the projectors.

Glad I got the Chinaman ones.

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
The Chinaman ones? Can you give us a link? If those are a perfect fit i will buy those.

I dont like 8K xenon. I have 6K in my car. Thats Almost Pure white. I like it that way. I have driven a 8K volvo S60 once its way to blue for my liking.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
The Chinaman ones? Can you give us a link? If those are a perfect fit i will buy those.

I dont like 8K xenon. I have 6K in my car. Thats Almost Pure white. I like it that way. I have driven a 8K volvo S60 once its way to blue for my liking.

I was referring to the ebay ones from china. Have to buy H4 and H7 sets but they are tried and proven.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I was referring to the ebay ones from china. Have to buy H4 and H7 sets but they are tried and proven.

The ones that I linked to earlier:
H1/H7 Bixenon Projector HID Conversion kit Hi/Lo New - eBay (item 130343282013 end time Jul-07-10 04:30:28 PDT)
seem to be the new style which have the different adapters to fit into the different type holes.
eBay said:
Adapt to H1, H7, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, H4 model for any model installation.

Somebody needs to try these....

I just chuckled while looking at the eBay HIDs, as they remind me of the chrome showerhead in my bathroom. :)

Astennu

Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmm. Well i can just send them a mail about the fazer having H7 and H4. I dont like the idea of buying two sets and only using one pair :p

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
jrevans, do you have any idea if these would require fabing up a mounting plate, or would these simply connect to the H4 and H7 mountings. I know I would have to take the lenses off to get the projectors in, but I am just curious about how these mount on the back. Thanks.