Bike and I are OK, but my pride isn't.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Elizabeth, good to see you are OK!

Looks like you stator cover got chewed up a little bit. I had a low side and scuffed mine up. I replaced it with a new cover. I still have the old one. It's not nearly as damaged as yours and in hindsight I could have just spray painted it a little and used it again. You can have it if you would like. It looks like this:

cover.jpg

Let me know! :thumbup:

Yes, that is what got chewed up quite a bit. I would LOVE to have your old one!! You guys are great!! I will PM you my address, and can paypal you the shipping. Thanks so much!!
Christmas is early for me!! :D

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
So very glad that you're ok. I know that feeling of "is my bike okay" it happened to me in June. I was so pissed, more concerned about my bike than me. I knew I was okay, just some scratches and cuts. I'm a quick healer. But my bike, it turned out okay.

Once again glad you're ok.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're okay and that's what matters most! Happens to the best of us!

Thanks to all the great forum members for helping your sister out! That's why this forum is the very best! :rockon:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're okay and that's what matters most! Happens to the best of us!

Thanks to all the great forum members for helping your sister out! That's why this forum is the very best! :rockon:

Yes, it is the very best!!! It's quite heartwarming!!!
I appreciate all your well wishes, too.
Hugs and kisses to you all!! :hug::blowkiss:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the low speed, left hand side lowside club! In my case it was some dried mud in the middle of the lane, but it had the same effect. Glad you are OK!

I used high temperature BBQ spraypaint (flat black) to paint my rashed up case cover. I figure, if it's not leaking anything, it's good enough for me. It's not like I expect it to survive another crash anyway.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really glad you're o.k. Elizabeth and that your riding skills saved you and your bike from serious damage.
A big thumbs up to Kamloops and Bryan for stepping up with some spare parts, the people on this forum rock. :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So glad you're OK. Damage looks minimal. If you ever have to crash, this is the way to do it :)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank God you're OK and the damage was light. Kudos for staying geared up and NOT getting yourself damaged! :thumbup:

You all helping her out are an awesome bunch! Well done and proud to be a part of such a family of riders!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The bar end got a bit scraped, but I was just going to paint it so it doesn't rust. :eek:
:)

Glad to hear you're OK, and your bike is relatively OK too:cheer:. (even be able to keep most of your gear).

Funny how, once you're in a fairly safe position (relatively speaking), you start thinking about your bike while you are still sliding...lol. You are not alone.:D

As for the bar ends. I dunno about you, but with my big mitts in my winter gloves I tend to rub the bar ends abit with the outside of my glove, and when I did what you are planning with my scraped up bar end, I rubbed the paint off a fair bit within 2 weeks. Might want to consider powder coating:thumbup:.

Sorry to hear of the bad news, but very happy to hear you're Ok:rockon:.

Edit...P.S. Evil, horrible OEM tires. They are bad enough new, but will harden up, and get a "glazed, shiny" look on the edges. I'd consider retiring them too.....of course by now I think everyone knows my opinion of them....*shudders* EEEEEEWWWWW!

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geeze mate,that sucks !
I am,like every one else ,very happy your ok .
Bikes can be replaced,first hand knowledge ,lol.But replacing you,or bits of you,completely different story.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beth, I'm so glad you're ok. Your bike - easily fixed. You - not so easy.

Don't like hearing that ANYONE has gone done, but especially my friends.

ATGATT :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your off Beth :( but pleased to hear there was little damage (other than your pride).
It's great to see the others helping you out with parts, top stuff, those guys deserve plenty of rep in my book :thumbup:

oogie

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see the results of your spill are "optimally-minimal". You've gotten that over with,and a new experience under your belt.Very glad you handled it so well, kudos!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed the most important thing is that you are OK, then your bike is pretty much ok too.

Be safe and thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for your kind words. This really is a remarkably unique and wonderful group of people. I'm so glad I chose the right bike. :D