Checking on our California members....

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you guys are ok - San Fransisco and Napa Valley - heard about the earthquake.

Sorry if I've missed some places :(

Please check in guys - we'd all like to know you, your families and bikes are safe ...:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard Banjoboy got tossed out of bed! :eek:

I heard from Lefty and Mrs.Lefty. They're okay! :) Redwasp has been online. Where's [MENTION=1189]Tailgate[/MENTION] ? Tailgate is good. He posted on another forum at 5ish pm today...

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for asking Karen! We are just fine in the hills, Napa is about 115 miles southwest of our location. We didn't feel a thing but usually don't feel bay area quakes including the big one in 89.
We do feel the earthquakes that happen in the Sierra's but thankfully that's not very often. Forest fires is the big danger up here.

A little factoid - your bike is safer on the side stand during a quake as it is less likely to tip over with 3 points on the ground. On the center stand it can tip over either way.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently a family members vineyard suffered some loss. The buildings look ok as best they know so they don't have to dump batches in process but still significant loss in other areas....

Buy California wine and get them back on their feet!
icon_beer.gif
icon_beer.gif

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently a family members vineyard suffered some loss. The buildings look ok as best they know so they don't have to dump batches in process but still significant loss in other areas....

Buy California wine and get them back on their feet!
icon_beer.gif
icon_beer.gif

The news last night showed a winery with bunch of of broken bottles. I sure it's a real mess for many folks in the Napa area. Good call, drink more Ca wine!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mrs. Lefty and I didn't even wake up and we're about 70 miles southwest of the epicenter. A good friend about a half a mile away from us said he and his wife really felt it on the second floor of their house. I was supposed to meet banjoboy yesterday morning up in the quake area for a day ride but we decided to postpone our ride due to the road damage and damage control efforts in the area.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for thinking of us. i am in SoCal so am unaffected. however as you know we live under this threat on a daily and for the most part accept "it" will happen one day, and it does not have to be "the big one" to be devastating

in that sense it is sort of like riding, daily. a crash can happen, most likely won't happen, but be prepared and expect the unexpected. we'll be ok when it comes down to it

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope all is well over there reports i have heard so far from friends and acquaintances have been +ve hope its like that for you all

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I heard Banjoboy and his wife/sister got tossed out of bed! :eek:

I heard from Lefty and Mrs.Lefty. They're okay! :) Redwasp has been online. Where's [MENTION=1189]Tailgate[/MENTION] ? Tailgate is good. He posted on another forum at 5ish pm today...
Thar, I dun fixed it fer ya. :rof:
Purdie much; woke my sorry ass up at 3:30 a.m. 'n I just 'bout sh!t mahself! :jawdrop:
It seemed ta go on forever, and ever, and ever, and ever... Not as violent as the Loma Prieta quake, but it seemed to last longer.

Mrs. Lefty and I didn't even wake up and we're about 70 miles southwest of the epicenter. A good friend about a half a mile away from us said he and his wife really felt it on the second floor of their house. I was supposed to meet banjoboy yesterday morning up in the quake area for a day ride but we decided to postpone our ride due to the road damage and damage control efforts in the area.
Next weekend, 'less there's sum other massive, natural disaster! :rof:
If any of you other suckers wanta to go, we'll be meeting at the *$s on Pittman ln in Fairfield, (Cordelia) around 9:15 a.m. 9/7/14 :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thar, I dun fixed it fer ya. :rof:
Purdie much; woke my sorry ass up at 3:30 a.m. 'n I just 'bout sh!t mahself! :jawdrop:
It seemed ta go on forever, and ever, and ever, and ever... Not as violent as the Loma Prieta quake, but it seemed to last longer.

Next weekend, 'less there's sum other massive, natural disaster! :rof:
If any of you other suckers wanta to go, we'll be meeting at the *$s on Pittman ln in Fairfield, (Cordelia) around 9:15 a.m. 9/7/14 :D

Count me in for next Sunday BB. :rockon:
Maybe this planned ride won't cause any more devastation. :eek:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Not trying to take the compassion out of the air for CA but CA residents expect earth quakes, it happens all the time. Buildings are designed to resist quake damage.

A couple years ago Central Virginia had the largest east coast earth quake in over 100 years and lots of damage occurred around where I live. Schools were shut down for months due to structural damage. The rest of the country laughed at us downplaying it as a minor quake since it was only 5.8. Well when you don't build structures to withstand earth quakes because you never get them bad stuff happens.

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Not trying to take the compassion out of the air for CA but CA residents expect earth quakes, it happens all the time. Sum Buildings are designed to resist quake damage.

A couple years ago Central Virginia had the largest east coast earth quake in over 100 years and lots of damage occurred around where I live. Schools were shut down for months due to structural damage. The rest of the country laughed at us downplaying it as a minor quake since it was only 5.8. Well when you don't build structures to withstand earth quakes because you never get them bad stuff happens.
If'n ya quit fracking, then them earthquakes 'll stop in Virginia! :rof:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
If'n ya quit fracking, then them earthquakes 'll stop in Virginia! :rof:

The closest fracking to the epicenter was in WV over 100 miles away. Tell you what if you have never been in a powerful earthquake you have no idea what it's like. Until I experienced this from the top floor of a steel building and actually felt the entire building sway and things falling off shelves I had no idea earth quakes were this nerve racking! :eek: