Free Rider Peg Lowering Blocks - San Diego

2xadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Speedy (Motor Werks) on the Versys forum makes 1.5 inch lowering blocks for the Versys. I have some on the Versys, they work great and now I want some for my 2007 FZ6.
Speedy is willing to design/make them for the FZ6 (and Yamahas in general), but he does not have a FZ6 in San Diego. If anyone wants some lowering blocks, he will fit them to your bike at his location and then give you the first set for free! I don't live close enough, but there must be someone who does!

They work great. You can see the Versys ones at: Home

Somebody take advantage of these free lowering blocks so that I can buy some from Speedy! Email me if you want and I can help you set this up with Speedy.

Best Regards,

Eric

I live in San Diego and would be willing to help but I don't need lowering pegs so give me info and I'll try to make an appointment with them.

EDIT: If they give em to me free. Krid80 has dibs on them.

Last edited:
My last bike was a Versys and I had Speedy's lowering blocks. What a difference they made. I highly endorse them and will be first in line to order a set if he makes them! They are very high quality and the 1.5"s makes a big difference.

I am not sure if I get this right.
Is this the lowering block you are talking about?
(For the rear shock absorber.)

Speedy (Motor Werks) on the Versys forum makes 1.5 inch lowering blocks for the Versys. I have some on the Versys, they work great and now I want some for my 2007 FZ6.
Speedy is willing to design/make them for the FZ6 (and Yamahas in general), but he does not have a FZ6 in San Diego. If anyone wants some lowering blocks, he will fit them to your bike at his location and then give you the first set for free! I don't live close enough, but there must be someone who does!

They work great. You can see the Versys ones at: Home

Somebody take advantage of these free lowering blocks so that I can buy some from Speedy! Email me if you want and I can help you set this up with Speedy.

Best Regards,

Eric
can he make the rear rider pegs too? That would be so cool. I'd like to have a set of both.

I am not sure if I get this right.
Is this the lowering block you are talking about?
(For the rear shock absorber.)

They're talking about footpeg lowering blocks.

I'll be talking to them tomorrow and may ride to there shop so they can check out the FZ6. I will ask them about the rear pegs as well....

Update on today's meeting with Les from MotoWerks.

Les took the measurements today and we discussed a few scenarios to solve the issue with the rear brake linkage. Yup! It's not going to be a simple as it would be for the Kawasaki EN-6 or Versus (sp?) Our brake lever is actuated behind the right peg so it's going to require an additional lowering block with a matching splined rod to attach the brake lever to. Left side will be easy cuz there lots of adjustment on the shift linkage with no interference factors.
We even discussed the possibility of making an entirely new rear set on the right side but by the time we factored in all the other mods to make it work, the simplest answer seemed to be just lowering the peg and brake lever.

Additionally Les is a really nice person and is passionate about the type of machine work he does. I was able to examine some of the many machining jobs he has samples of and I was very impressed. I have experience as a machinist in injection and blow molding and CNC so we were able to talk a little shop today.
So it's in the works and I will keep you folks posted as this develops. I really believe this mod may be very beneficial to taller riders and folks who do a lot of touring on the FZ6.

you should have him make the spacers for the R6 shock swap in the front :) I think Hellgate made some as a 1 off, but if he made them as a kit that would allow you to put R6 shocks right on then it would be awesome.

Hellgate, you have the measurements?

I'm interested to see what comes of this project, but there are peg lowering options available. I have the MFW Vario pegs from Twisted Throttle and they work awesome. You can choose 22mm, 30mm or 50mm lower. (I chose 30mm and it made a big difference in comfort). All I had to do after installing them, was move the brake lever on the splines and adjust the shifter. Here is a link: TwistedThrottle.com : ...by What Fits My Bike - Yamaha - FZ6 S2 Fazer, '07- -

I'm interested to see what comes of this project, but there are peg lowering options available. I have the MFW Vario pegs from Twisted Throttle and they work awesome. You can choose 22mm, 30mm or 50mm lower. (I chose 30mm and it made a big difference in comfort). All I had to do after installing them, was move the brake lever on the splines and adjust the shifter. Here is a link: TwistedThrottle.com : ...by What Fits My Bike - Yamaha - FZ6 S2 Fazer, '07- -

The project we're working on will keep the same distance of peg to toe on the brake lever and still allow the peg to fold.

I just saw those MFW pegs and was wondering if anyone had a set.

Although, I would prefer a rubber covered pedal like the OEM..so put me on the watch list for the Motor Werk project pegs.

I just saw those MFW pegs and was wondering if anyone had a set.

Although, I would prefer a rubber covered pedal like the OEM..so put me on the watch list for the Motor Werk project pegs.

I have the MFW Vario pegs and they work great. I prefer the knurled surface to the rubber, works better in wet weather.

The project we're working on will keep the same distance of peg to toe on the brake lever and still allow the peg to fold.

The MFW Vario pegs are adjustable and they also retain the folding feature. You can retain the stock distance or make the pegs closer or farther away from the controls. I'm glad you are working on this project, I would have definitely considered buying the pegs you are working on if they would have been available. The MFW Vario set up is expensive.

Back