Free Rider Peg Lowering Blocks - San Diego

Hahaha! Good idea!! :rof:

also, if your relationship with your dealer you bought the R1 from is good, take the lowering blocks to the dealer and test fit them on your old bike. If the relationship is good, why would they mind if you fiddled with a used bike on a Thursday (the slowest day in retail)

also, if your relationship with your dealer you bought the R1 from is good, take the lowering blocks to the dealer and test fit them on your old bike. If the relationship is good, why would they mind if you fiddled with a used bike on a Thursday (the slowest day in retail)

Any new info on this?

Yes I have a good relationship with the dealer but my bike went fast. I was even hoping it was someone who was on our forum or soon to join.

We have a lot of FZ6 members here in San Diego and if Les let's me borrow them I cam matbe try them on Alex's bike after he gets home from work.

I'm waiting on a call back from Les as we speak....

Alex won't be the test victim. I talked to Les today and he said he finished the project using someone elses bike and I'm going to see him Monday to get another set made because he says he didn't hear from me for 3 weeks etc. So I'm trying to get another set made for my buddy Krid80.

Alex won't be the test victim. I talked to Les today and he said he finished the project using someone elses bike and I'm going to see him Monday to get another set made because he says he didn't hear from me for 3 weeks etc. So I'm trying to get another set made for my buddy Krid80.

um.... woot. that is all.

Speedy is done with the pegs

Speedy had me try out the pegs and review them for him. Awesome machining quality and great design! Wanted to leave them on my desk so I could look at them instead of installing them. He gave me permission today to post that he will have front and rear lowering pegs (Fronts are multi-positional so they can also go back forward and up with angles in-between!). He said that they will be for sale on his site in May. His site is Motowerk.com. Here are pics of the front pegs. Sorry about the poor quality.
The rears are not complete yet, but I should be getting some prototypes in a week or so.

I also had him make me some experimental 7/8" handlebar sized lowered pegs so that I could install some cheap gel-type dirt bike handgrips. I tried both and also like the vibration absorption of the handgrip covered pegs. Very grippy, less vibration, can pick colored grips to match or contrast your bike, his design allows the peg portion to rotate if unscrewed, so I can keep refreshing the grip rubber by rotating the peg to unworn area. Grips were only a few dollars. The attached pics are of these pegs before I trimmed the grips down to the length of the "handlebar" underneath.

Last edited:
More pics of his design before he shaved down the peg.

These pegs are prototype pics and his pegs now are shaved at an angle towards the outside edge. See my previous post with the pic on a desk.

Re: Speedy is done with the pegs

Speedy had me try out the pegs and review them for him. Awesome machining quality and great design! Wanted to leave them on my desk so I could look at them instead of installing them. He gave me permission today to post that he will have front and rear lowering pegs (Fronts are multi-positional so they can also go back forward and up with angles in-between!). He said that they will be for sale on his site in May. His site is Motowerk.com. Here are pics of the front pegs. Sorry about the poor quality.
The rears are not complete yet, but I should be getting some prototypes in a week or so.

I also had him make me some experimental 7/8" handlebar sized lowered pegs so that I could install some cheap gel-type dirt bike handgrips. I tried both and also like the vibration absorption of the handgrip covered pegs. Very grippy, less vibration, can pick colored grips to match or contrast your bike, his design allows the peg portion. The attached pics are of these pegs before I trimmed the gips down to the length of the "handlebar" underneath.

Les is an awesome machinist! Krid80 should see his pegs t'day!

Yes Les gave me the lowdown on allowing the info on these out and I respect that. He will be on Holiday for a while and also has other client work he has responsibility to. He's a really nice person and I shoulda made him sign up with our forum. I rode his ER6N. Pretty cool bike. Better grunt out of the hole but the FZ6 has got balls O fire in all the other areas.

I've got machinist experience and can tell you he does some great work at Moto Werkes

Wow! Those are really nice. Much more advanced than I was expecting and the machining looks first rate. They look a lot like the expensive MFW Vario pegs. Any ideas on what kind of price range they'll be? I saw the Kawasaki models on his web page, but these are obviously a lot more advanced. How long is the extension arm on them and is there a possibility for different lengths? Can't wait till these are available.

I don't think I've ever seen handgrips used for pegs like that before. It's not for me, but it's clever and looks like it should work really well.

Wow! Those are really nice. Much more advanced than I was expecting and the machining looks first rate. They look a lot like the expensive MFW Vario pegs. Any ideas on what kind of price range they'll be? I saw the Kawasaki models on his web page, but these are obviously a lot more advanced. How long is the extension arm on them and is there a possibility for different lengths? Can't wait till these are available.

I don't think I've ever seen handgrips used for pegs like that before. It's not for me, but it's clever and looks like it should work really well.

I don't know if those grips were from Moto Werks. They may belong to that poster.

Les will be on vacation for about a month. I can tell you that he made it a little more adjustable rotation on the pegs instead of an 8 tooth spline (of other makers) he made a 12 tooth spline. Also the material he used as the lowering extension is probably better grade aluminum so that he could keep it lighter in weight/thickness but stronger.

Those grips were just an experiment and not from Les. He just humored me and provided those handlebar sized Al pegs so I could try them out. They were cheapies from a local dirtbike shop.

The actual design aluminum pegs work great and no problem standing on them with my Size 15 boots at 6'7" and 250lbs! As mentioned they have much better adjustability than the competition! More importantly the aluminum pegs look much better and have proven (by me) wet weather no-slip capability!

Install Points:
1. The peg spring's little right angle end stuck up higher than on the stock pegs, so before installation I just bent that L end of the spring to a U with some padded pliers so my pants wouldn't get caught on them by some freak chance. Not really necessary.
2. With the left (shifter side) peg at it's lowest position I lowered the adjustment of the shifter to make everyting works better, but I had to slightly angle the shifter arm out to keep the shifter from contacting the sidestand bolt when downshifting. Just a couple of open ended adjustable wrenches with rags around the shifter metal (to prevent scratches) this took 1 minute extra to adjust the lever 5mm wider from the frame.

Last edited:
Re: Speedy is done with the pegs

Les is an awesome machinist! Krid80 should see his pegs t'day!

Yes Les gave me the lowdown on allowing the info on these out and I respect that. He will be on Holiday for a while and also has other client work he has responsibility to. He's a really nice person and I shoulda made him sign up with our forum. I rode his ER6N. Pretty cool bike. Better grunt out of the hole but the FZ6 has got balls O fire in all the other areas.

I've got machinist experience and can tell you he does some great work at Moto Werkes

can't wait til I get home! :cheer:

Rear/Passenger Peg Lowering Blocks

Speedy/Les finished the rears now also. I got to try them out and they look and work great. See attached pics.

I am not sure when Les will put them on his website motowerk.com for sale though.

Last edited:
Back